Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ordnance battery

2 posters

Go down

ordnance battery Empty ordnance battery

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 am

So. i'm just passing this by you guys to make sure my head is in the right place

So lets take an ordnance battery, a Griffon, and say, a basilisk, and a colossus, just to make it interesting.

So the rules for the griffon say that it can re-roll scatter dice if he wishes. that's great. then there are the barrage rules I've posted below. taking those into account, then the are the following statements true?

1)if the griffon is placed in front, the initial shots scatter dice would be re-rollable. and further shots from the 2nd and 3rd tank would land adjoining that marker. (i dont think this one is in question.)
2)if the griffon is placed in front, it could fire at a spot 12" away, and further shots from the 2nd and 3rd tanks would land adjoining that marker. (both other tanks have a further minimum range, but the rules above state to place the markers adjoining the first fired shot...)
3)if the Basilisk is placed in front, it could fire Directly at a unit, and then the 2nd at 3rd shots would land adjoining that marker, (regardless of the note that neither the griffon nor the colossus may fire direct.)

ordnance battery Barrag11
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

ordnance battery Empty Re: ordnance battery

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:34 am

1) I would say yes.
2) I don't see why not. Seems odd that they could end up shooting closer than their minimum range, but since when do GW rules make sense.
3) copy/paste from GW FAQ

Page 53 – Ordnance Battery, Colossus Siege Mortar.
Ignore the reference to direct fire.
Page 53 – Ordnance Battery, Griffon Heavy Mortar.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:1) I would say yes.
2) I don't see why not. Seems odd that they could end up shooting closer than their minimum range, but since when do GW rules make sense.
3) copy/paste from GW FAQ

Page 53 – Ordnance Battery, Colossus Siege Mortar.
Page 53 – Ordnance Battery, Griffon Heavy Mortar.

--I agree with that interpretation

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down