Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liquid Greenstuff by Citadel.

3 posters

Go down

Liquid Greenstuff by Citadel. Empty Liquid Greenstuff by Citadel.

Post  CptnSkittles Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:18 pm

I purchased myself a little container of this liquid greenstuff quite a while ago and haven't yet used it. Mainly because I've had no need. But now that the daemons have been updated, I'm looking to revamp them and give them a whole new look! So, I'm interested in using it but have worries. Has anyone here used this stuff and can maybe give me some advice, warnings, criticisms? Much appreciated! (:
CptnSkittles
CptnSkittles
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Liquid Greenstuff by Citadel. Empty Re: Liquid Greenstuff by Citadel.

Post  Planes Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:22 pm

My general experience with Liquid Green Stuff has been largely as a gap filler. Unlike it's solid counter part, it doesn't have the same level of "hold" to it, so while it will stick itself to something, it won't stick two things together. I mostly just use a shoddy brush to apply it where things didn't quite line up, or to fill holes in resin.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  CptnSkittles Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Ah, then I shall save it for those purposes. I plan to do quite a bit of remodeling and want to mess around with appearances and such. Thank you for your input!
CptnSkittles
CptnSkittles
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:23 pm

in our tutorial section, there's a few good tips and such. i think i did one about liquid green stuff. like tom said, it's intended for gap filling, fixing bubbles in finecast, things like that. if your using a slotted base model, it also fills the gap in the base well too.

if your patient and have a good brush, you can slowly build it up to do raised designs as well, like tensed muscles, bulging tendons, nurgle markings, fancy swirly armor designs, things like that. and if your not diluting it to make it easier to brush on, you can even 'dot' on small rivets onto armour with it.

it lets you do alot of fine detail work that you normally cant do with the putty.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Ah, yes, "dotting", forgot about that one. I used that to do the cycloptic eye on some of my Crypteks. It never occurred to me to use it for those silly slotted bases, though. Now I have both that AND Milliput for that task!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 pm

darren hasnt carried it in the last couple years, but Michael's might; there's a product used for those recessed bases warmachine likes to use that was a 2 part material you painted into the recess, and when it dried it would crack and peel up a little to look like dried cracked earth. it looks real nice for Sahara style bases.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:32 pm

I've seen pictures of that stuff floating around on Tumblr not too long ago. Great for any kind of dried, dead land. Come to think of it, apply, dry, base black, heavy dry brush of light grey, stipple some dark grey in there, and paint in some nice bright red in the cracks, and boom, instant magma surface! Grah, curse you aquatic theme being incompatible with lava flows!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down