Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pink Horror Answer

4 posters

Go down

Pink Horror Answer Empty Pink Horror Answer

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 am

The GW Psyker App was updated last night.

It allows for Psykers to be created mid-game and generate powers. This relates to units of pink horrors spawned mid-game, or heralds of Tzeentch.

Also, if you put scrolls of Magnus on a Warpsmith, Dark Apostle, or Chaos Lord, they automatically count as a lvl 1 Psyker and generate a warp charge. (Not worth the points).

I was, however, contemplating a 355 point Daemon prince... (yikes, points)
145 + 15 Mark of Tzeentch, +40 wings, +20 3+ save, +75 Lvl 3 Psyker, +15 spell familiar (ld 9 on a prince), +45 Scrolls of Magnus
= 355
---

Then I realized that I could build a better, cheaper prince from the Daemon book.

145 + 25 Mark of Tzeentch, + 60 wings & armour, +40 2xGreater Rewards, Pskyer lvl 1 +25 = 295 (rolls on Change 50% chance at getting seksy beam)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Pink Horror Answer Empty Re: Pink Horror Answer

Post  System Commander Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

The greater reward shot is also nice .. Str 8 ap1 lance. Im just waiting for the time my bloodthirster gets that.. 2 shooting attacks for thirsty!?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am

System Commander wrote:The greater reward shot is also nice .. Str 8 ap1 lance. Im just waiting for the time my bloodthirster gets that.. 2 shooting attacks for thirsty!?

and... Shoot it at Fliers. AP1 shooting at fliers is *huge*. Lord of Change with two greater and a lesser reward is a savage beat machine too (for many of the same reasons). +2S for 10 points... That's a vector strike worth doing. AP1 Lance, +3 Armour, FnP 4+... re-roll failed saves... I think it's all money for the Lord of Change.

Edit: Jeebus! Bloodthirster is BS 10! That lance hits a flier on a 2+ with a 2+ re-roll.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 am

Thats always been a.point of contention with vector strike. The book says you use the models unmodified str. vale...so.no additions.

There was always arguments with the.old.bloodthirster.to..he was base str 7 but.get upgrade to 8.. But.was it.a.modification? I tend to.side with the argument of no str. bonuses myself. Check it out when you get a chance and me let me know what you think.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am

Darn :-( my brain mixed in the Chariot rules (in which *everything goes*, including armourbane). No such luck on Vector Strike, just unmod'd STR and AP3 (so S6 AP3 for the Lord of Change). No blowing dudes up in a Vector Strike either, as the blowing up is due to close combat attacks.

The chances of blowing something up at S8 AP2 is pretty darned good too. mmmm D6 S5 hits
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Its weird that they use "unmodified" str for vector strike. In all their other rules, the old " modified" toughness and strength values went away. (like for instant death and such) seems like a throwback restriction.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 pm

No otherwise FMC's would be stupid deadly.

Smash attack on a Vector stike = ultimate Can Opener.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:48 pm

i guess. but you cant use smash outside the combat subphase.... or it could be faq'd that way easily.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum