New FAQ's

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New FAQ's

Post  Lore Weaver on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:18 am

Just noticed, I'll add in highlights in a bit.

----

Page 50/95 Doom Scythe, Special Rules.
Remove the Deep Strike special rule.

Page 51/91 Night Scythe, Special Rules.
Remove the Deep Strike special rule.

-- *rolleyes* --

White Dwarf June 2012 (WD390)
Updated rules for the Ork Dakkajet, Burna-bommer and Blitzabommer can be found in the Death From the Skies compendium.

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New FAQ's

Post  Aegwymourn on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:20 am

In the BRB faq it would appear that Black Templars have access to the Stormtalon and now with "Death from the Skies" they also have access to the Stormraven. Boy oh boy that's what my 8 year old codex needs >.< the two ugliest fliers out there.

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 am

Looking at the page for the book it mentions it has updated entries for all flyers in 40k... Not forge world but let's see if they fix the flyers that are a problem.

judchic
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 am

If Darren's got a copy, I'll check it out.

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:58 am

Hey tom don't you wish you hadn't been allowed to DS your croissants?

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Still would have done it,

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Dear LORD! Skies of Fury!?

Games Workshop wrote:Skies of Fury: If the Stormraven has moved more than 6",
passengers can still disembark, but they must do so as follows:
Nominate any point over which the Stormraven moved that
turn and deploy the squad as if it were deep striking onto that
point. If the unit scatters, every disembarking model must
immediately take a Dangerous Terrain test. If any of the
models cannot be deployed, the entire unit is destroyed, as per
a Terrible Accident result on the Deep Strike Mishap table.
Models that disembark using the Skies of Fury special rule
cannot charge in the turn that they do so.

*vomits everywhere*

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Why would Skies of Fury bother a Necron player???

miv305
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Because it's actually just like Deep Strike, but way worse?

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Overall... Deep strike removed from vendetta/valks and scythe... Totally fixes the balance issues....

"Updated rules on the <insert flyer> can be found in the skies of blood compendium."

So..... Minimum 3 books to haul around. And a new book that basically everyone has to buy... I imagine there will be a torrent of complaints to GW....

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:35 pm

miv305 wrote:Why would Skies of Fury bother a Necron player???

Because Codex: Grey Knights is one of the two other books I run.

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:52 am

There is one HUGE thing that Skies of Fury dropped out from it's 5th Ed worded brother, Shadow Skies. Shadow Skies had one extra line in there that said if the squad had personal teleporters, they just land. No fuss, no muss, no scatter.

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonkin on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 am

That is pretty much the same as the vendettas grav shute inserstion rule

Daemonkin
Mystic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:38 am

Skies of blood is out of stock (1 day after release) due to "excessive demand."

Gw, this is not a codex or supplement a portion of your fanbase are going to buy. These are RULE CHANGES. We HAVE to buy it because your FAQS say "updated rules for XYZ can be found in skies of blood"

They'll literally printed so few they sold out in less than 24 hours? Wtf

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:17 am

Roland wrote:Skies of blood is out of stock (1 day after release) due to "excessive demand."

Gw, this is not a codex or supplement a portion of your fanbase are going to buy. These are RULE CHANGES. We HAVE to buy it because your FAQS say "updated rules for XYZ can be found in skies of blood"

They'll literally printed so few they sold out in less than 24 hours? Wtf

You know, this is just adds another reason as to why I have begun to despise GW.
And it pisses me off even more that I actually *like* 40k...
Either way, I am pretty close to being done with them - once I gather the last of what I want for my little ravenwing force Im finished with them and their stupid childish mentality and nooby errors.

Firstly - And this has componded over the last few years is how much they cost... they keep raising and raising prices now to a point where some models are breaching that 90-100 dollar mark FOR A NON APPOCOLYPSE UNIT....
Secondly - And you might all think this is minor, but I dont... the Dark Angel Codex appears to have been written by a 3 year old with all of the published errors that are in it. For a company that DARES to charge us what they do for their products, this one takes the cake.
Thirdly - Everyone knows there are errors abroad with new interpretations of their 6th edition rules, but this complaint stretches back as far as I can see too with new FAQs taking a million years to come out, and still always leaves people figuring out for themselves just how to interpret one of their damned rules.
Fourthly - GW are turning into Bullies. They see something that matches the name of one of their units and bullies the person to change. Here is a LINK so you can check out the problem and follow it for more information if that interests you. Personally, I dont have interest in continuing to give them my money beyond whats left that I require for my Ravenwing. Even then, Im not going to ever buy a model full price again if I can help it.

Aaaand that's my rant. Sorry for Hijacking, just felt I needed to say something...

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Confirmed- Point changes. Talon is 110, with different options. Vendetta is +25 upgrade from a valk. No word on the obvious candidates.

Matt- I feel pretty much like you do. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, but the past year of codexes that cost half again as much as they used to, with no proofing or even spellchecking, whole sections of the rulebook being replaced (Look Out Sir), FAQ that reinforce or refuse to fix glaring problems, and GW generally acting like jerks.... Yeah, I'm frustrated.

WotC realised they had the big fish in a small pond with D&D3, and what did they do? All 3 core rulebooks for $20 US ea. Anything past that was purely optional, and listed as such. For $60 you could play for years, but generally, the designers put out such quality product there was no bitching and people tended to buy the supplements.

Compare that to GW. In 5th, you had to buy (at rough minimum) , AoBR (for the rulebook), your codex and enough minis to get a 1500-2000 point force. You could do it for $350, and a GOOD army etc cost you in the range of $700... That a LOT more of a commitment than D&D, which has a much tighter ruleset, much lower prices on the books, and has a bigger boss (Hasbro) to answer to.

In 6th, now you need *3* books (all of which have FAQs, extensive ones at that.) If you buy the hardback rulebook, you're dropping $100 on a book with several sections replaced wholesale. Note D&D does subsequent printings that CORRECT the errors. GW merely FAQs it and continues to print the same typos.

I enjoy the game, I enjoy the fluff, I enjoy shooting the shit with everyone at the den and all. I DO NOT enjoy being told I have to spend $40 on a 72 page book that (likely) only half ass fixes GW mistakes and which SHOULD have been a FAQ, or a free PDF called "We Screwed Up the Friendly Skies", several armies STILL have no flyers or anti-flyer support (Wolves, how you feeling? Tau? How bout them Nuns w/ Guns?). And they can't even realize that by printing a goddamn RULES UPDATE, they will likely need to print ALOT?

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Oh, for fucks sake, the goddamn thing has already been FAQd.

Get your shit together GW.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:56 pm

see if this ends up being the case in the next few weeks at the den: independant retailers ban Death From The Skies, and offer 40% off competitor-brand starter sets if trading in a GW core rulebook

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

View user profile http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't feel bad for GW, i feel bad for the den. how much stuff is going to sit there forever because its horribly overpriced or just terrible in game? I tried to justify the higher costs before but its just getting beyond insane now. for a starter box when i started the game 4 years ago i could get a single flyer now. i wanted to get my little brother hooked but i don't think its a good idea now... i love the game and the fluff but...

judchic
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:50 pm

And you all scoffed at my Lego Grey Knights!

Lego Coteaz spurns your lack of faith in conveniently already Space Marine scale plastic articulated miniatures. Ones that do not need magnets for weapon swaps!

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

judchic wrote:I don't feel bad for GW, i feel bad for the den. how much stuff is going to sit there forever because its horribly overpriced or just terrible in game? I tried to justify the higher costs before but its just getting beyond insane now. for a starter box when i started the game 4 years ago i could get a single flyer now. i wanted to get my little brother hooked but i don't think its a good idea now... i love the game and the fluff but...

Honestly this is how I feel as well. I used to want people I knew to get into the hobby. Now it just doesn't make sense monetarily. Hell I can barely stand spending money on updating my armies.

It is not that I want GW to fail, since they have produced a product I have enjoyed for a number of years, but it'd be nice if someone would just take a stick and hit them a couple of times to smarten them up.

@ Planes, that sir is awesome!

Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:23 pm

The keepers of the flame need to quit using it to make blue angels.

Wheatons first law: don't be a Dick

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

You weren't around for any of my matches that I fielded my Lego army to learn 5th, were you? I have some 1500pts or so built, though no where near as pretty as the army Mark has posted pictures of before.

Planes
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Roland wrote:Confirmed- Point changes. Talon is 110, with different options. Vendetta is +25 upgrade from a valk. No word on the obvious candidates.

Matt- I feel pretty much like you do. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, but the past year of codexes that cost half again as much as they used to, with no proofing or even spellchecking, whole sections of the rulebook being replaced (Look Out Sir), FAQ that reinforce or refuse to fix glaring problems, and GW generally acting like jerks.... Yeah, I'm frustrated.

It's hard for me to throw in the towel. I've had 40k as part of my life since 2nd Ed. I... Just cannot justify it any more.

I plan to liquidate my excess miniatures in the near-ish future. I'm going to keep most of my Blood Angels, and the Ravenwing I have wanted to collect FOREVER, but Im drawing the line there. I just can't justify... And that's sure sad.

GG GW...

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
It is not that I want GW to fail, since they have produced a product I have enjoyed for a number of years, but it'd be nice if someone would just take a stick and hit them a couple of times to smarten them up.

See, Im one of the guys that wants them to fail....
I look at them as a Bandaid that's been on for too long and needs to be replaced with something else. Something cheaper... Something Fair. Just rip that bandaid off, its hard to do, and it might hurt initially, but then it will heal, and then feel better.

Matthew G
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum