Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DA Rumours on Warseer (edited... cause I suk)

+3
System Commander
Roland
Lore Weaver
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

DA Rumours on Warseer (edited... cause I suk) - Page 3 Empty Re: DA Rumours on Warseer (edited... cause I suk)

Post  Roland Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Notta Clue

Edit: If you could +1A and FnP would work well together. It's like steak... wrapped in bacon.

Tack 75 pts onto a DW squad and this is exactly what you get. For pts equal to a chainfist you get a swiss-army gadget as well.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

DA Rumours on Warseer (edited... cause I suk) - Page 3 Empty Re: DA Rumours on Warseer (edited... cause I suk)

Post  Roland Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Point Confirmations below

Roland wrote:I'm guessing on point value but we shall see. This is what I'd like to run.

HQ- Belail (TH/SS)-190
Termie Libby (Mastery 2/SS?)-130

T- 4x DW Squads (245 or 250; TH/SS, LC, Cyclone or AssCan)(990) OR
2x DW and 2 x Tacts in Rhinos (10 man, Vet sgt w/ PF, MeltaGun, Missile L, 235)(965) OR
2 x Tacts in Rhinos and 2x Combat Squad in RBacks ((145); LasBacks) and 10 scouts (10 man, camo cloaks, sniper rifles, ML; 155)(915)-
all about 1000

E- 2x Mortis Dreads-250 ish (240, DOES NOT HAVE SKYFIRE/INTERCEPTOR)

FA 2x Typhoons(75 ea!) OR
1x Neph-180

HS 2x AutoC/LasC Preds (115 ea)OR
2x Vindis (135 ea, w/ Seige Shield)OR
2x Devs (4 ML)-(130/170 w/ Skyfire)

Makes about a 2000 point list.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Every rule in the book is well thought out. there are some cool things you can do with deathwing assault and some of the ravenwing abilities that stack to give big cover saves. but nothing really over the top, as it all costs points.

I can see a lot of 5 man tac squads with flak missiles running around tables, holding objectives. etc. cheap, versatile, resilant scoring units. not forced to waste points in any fashion.

Did you see what they did with tech marines? this is how warpsmiths should have been implemented. for every HQ choice you pay for, you can include a techmarine. not as it's own FoC choice. 110 points to stick a tech marine in some bolstered ruins with a couple servitors wielding plasma cannons. 90 for multi-meltas. maybe even manning the quad gun?

Just about the entire book is just better thought out and implemented.
(except perhaps the vengeance... 24" range..shouldn't the cannon be twin-linked or something? i mean, for 140 points... the vindicator is only 3 entries above it...). Nephilim... why does this thing have missile lock, blacksword missiles are not blast and do not scatter... just cuz it sounds cool?

Your really encouraged to not take assault squads in favor of bikes, they are not expensive, but no meltaguns, no hit and run, grim resolve doesn't let them run away. and bikes can be made scoring.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 pm

I definately agree. Its solid, with no real obvious "must haves". It has some lemons (RW command squad, the derp speeders, things like that), but every slot has MULTIPLE units that could fit.

There are lots of "fun" stuff you can pull without being gamebreaking (dropping Belail and a DW squad is fun, either a twinlinked Cyclone to a heavy and a bunch of TL Stormbolters to lights, or a twin linked heavy flamer to something camped in cover.

Some stuff is kinda jawdropping. Venerable riflemen are 150pts. Typhoons are 75 a pop. a 5 man dev squad with 4 ML with Flakk are 170.

There is also a lot of little stuff you can miss. Did you realize none of the command squads have a sgt, and the apoth/champ are both characters.

Tact squads can take a heavy or special if less than 5. Tact sgt take Vet sgt as an upgrade but dont need it to take any upgrades.

Mark and I were looking at the DW assault rule.
DW Assault: For each unit with this rule you declare if they are in the assault or not.
Secretly decide a turn the DW assualt will occur. ALL units that are part of the assualt come in on that turn, any that are not come in as normal reserves.

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 am

What are plasma talons for the bikes?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 am

codex is at home, but i believe they are 18"range str 7 ap 2 assault 1 guns? (possibly twin linked, i forgetses)
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 am

18"range str 7 ap 2 Rapid Fire, Gets Hot, Twin linked

1/36 to fry yourself, and you still get the armor save.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:19 am

I'm a huge fan of the Ravenwing Black Knights or whatever they're called.

They're pricey for a T5 1 wound model, but with a 3+ and a 4++, they'll generally live.

Max squad size is 10, 42 points per bike, but they're S5 rending with 2 close combat weapons per bike (same weapon as the deathwing knights, so S10 AP2 once per game).

The kicker is the grenade launcher. Have one or two of these in there, and before you charge in, Rad-Grenade and Stasis Grenade a unit. ... Rad Grenades that you can launch... so good. 30 shoota boyz? Drop their toughness by 1 then open up with the bolter fire. Suddenly that plasma fire causes instant-death to Nobz... oh ya, Hammer of Wrath on the charge too.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 am

I find it kind of funny that the same weaponry that the dark angels have so much of - plasma. is the same guns that utterly defeats them.

2+ saves? pshaw. massed 5 tgh bikers? pshaw!. +1 tgh terminators when in base contact with one another? plasma cannon lubs you for bunching up!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 am

Corvus Hammers aren't the same as Maces of Absolution

+1 Str, Melee, Rending

No Smite

I like the Black Knights, but a unit of at least say, 5?

Personally I'd like to have seen the Knights 0-1, with Belail and Sammael removing that restriction.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

Rhaevyn wrote:I find it kind of funny that the same weaponry that the dark angels have so much of - plasma. is the same guns that utterly defeats them.

2+ saves? pshaw. massed 5 tgh bikers? pshaw!. +1 tgh terminators when in base contact with one another? plasma cannon lubs you for bunching up!

The irony isn't lost:) DA vs DA would be very bloody and epic me thinks.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 am

The Knight bikes get 4++ save vs the plasma, at least, the termies a 3++.

Good point Beau, I'd spaced and thought they were the same thing. Still, S5 rending is good.

Thing I noticed about Belial and Sammael, they only unlock the plain Ravenwing and Deathwing, not the "Knights"

with Sammael as a lone HQ, you could, theoretically, have 18 scoring units on the table... for not a lot of points.

(Combat squad the 6-man bike squads, attack bike is also split out, so 6x2+6)

Edit: Have a devistation banner near-by and each bike as 4 S4 TL shots at 24" range.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am

i'm just jazzed to be able to field 5 man squads with a flak ML. for 95 points. add a signum and your ML hits on a 2.. if you dont care about flyers, the lascannon squad is fairly versatile too.... or plasma cannon. 5BS templates seem fun.

why ever would field scouts in this army?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 am

woah woah woah.....

Tact sgts can take a signum?!?!?!
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

Didn't even realize Tacticals could snag a signum. This book is a gift that keeps on giving.

We should move to General Discussion now that the book's actually out.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm not seeing the option for a signum.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:05 pm

sorry guys. i got ahead of myself.

Signum is Devastators only. Neither Tacticals nor Scouts get or can buy a signum.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:07 pm

shot home for lunch and got a second look at the codex. tacticals and devs are listed together in the front of the book, and the signum is listed there. but on closer inspection of both that and the armoury section shows signum is devs only... and its bog standard on the Dev sarg. not even an upgrade or an option.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 pm

I've heard that there have been some discrepancies between the physical text and the iPod one, like the Iron Halo being properly listed in the iPod version, for example.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:27 pm

digital. way of the future,

doesnt matter how many monkeys you get to proof read your codex. thousands of fanbois will always find every flaw much faster!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Or, ya know, hire an editor/proofreader.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3