Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warp Talons with the Mark of Tzeentch

+3
Aegwymourn
miv305
Lore Weaver
7 posters

Go down

Warp Talons with the Mark of Tzeentch Empty Warp Talons with the Mark of Tzeentch

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm

160pts for 5 Warptalons.
+30 pts for Mark of Tzeench.
+20 pts for two boons on the commander
+5 pts for Melta Bombs
= 215 points of 3+/4++ jump infantry with a tonne of lightning claw attacks.

Not overpowered... maybe underpowered... Very interesting. They compare favorably to Sword & Board Lychguard.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Warp Talons with the Mark of Tzeentch Empty Re: Warp Talons with the Mark of Tzeentch

Post  miv305 Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Lightning Claws and no grenades...

I want to like Warp Talons, I really do, they're way cheaper then Vanilla Vanguard Vets (loaded out the same way) but the no grenades thing just kills me Sad
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Warp Talons with the Mark of Tzeentch Empty Re: Warp Talons with the Mark of Tzeentch

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 pm

can they assault off the deepstrike like vanguards? is so even with no grenades it looks interesting. If not then i just see 5 power armoured guys waiting to get shot for a turn.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:can they assault off the deepstrike like vanguards? is so even with no grenades it looks interesting. If not then i just see 5 power armoured guys waiting to get shot for a turn.

Ya, no, they can't assault. They cause blindness within 6" of where they land, which is kinda "meh" and an initiative check isn't the scariest thing to roll, unless your Orks or 'Crons.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:23 pm

or Tau, but yea "meh" is the word I would go with. I dunno, even then 6" is threading the needle quite a bit. They seem like very finicky assault marines that cost a couple more points. I suppose it would come down to the kind of list you want to run. I could see running a fast assault army (flying DP, bikers, warptalons, jump marines) and your opponent has to make bad choices.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 pm

with a 12" move, and a 4+ invul, i think they're better suited for moving up the board. just cause it has deep strike, doesnt mean you should only deploy it that way. ben prefers to walk his deathwing rather than be ballsy and deep strike it all for example, and it works well for him
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 pm

It would be better if the warp pop that causes blindness happened on the charge. or whenever they landed, weather from a jump move or the warp... or it was just a nova that happened every turn... or... the range was 12 inches... or... i wish they were good in some way at all.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Eh, 215 for 5 dudes that are jump infantry with a 4++, I'd rather pay 210 for 6 W2 guys with 3++. The whole Daemon bit makes them vulnerable to GK tech, too, where as most everything else in the codex, due to VotLW, tend to rip appart GKs in melee.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:15 pm

grey knights are barely better considering the warp talons will still tear them apart in cc unless its in terminator armor. and what really is better that gks have for them other than prefered enemy, the force weapons dont matter because they are 1w anyway, they have no daemonic gifts to lose... oh right, BANISHERS! FEAR THEM!!!
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Hey, if they ever get a box of Repentia down at the den, I plan on shoving a squad of them inside a Razorback with some Crusaders, tooling around the field behind a Strike Squad or some Paladins.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 pm

they never will, all SoB stuff went direct-order only about the same time their WD codex was released
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:09 pm

repentia are a unit by themselves. no crusaders with them. unless you mean death cult assasins.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 pm

I want to use Repentia as Banishers, as it is a box full of chicks with Eviscerators. Does it make the mini cost double to field like that? Yes. Does is look freaking awesome? Also yes.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum