Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Edition of "Rules we get wrong"

+2
judchic
Lore Weaver
6 posters

Go down

A New Edition of "Rules we get wrong" Empty A New Edition of "Rules we get wrong"

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Sixth Edition is still new.

I was fighting a challenge the other day, and this came up, in relation to a mindshackle test. If I'm in base with one model, issue a challenge, the challenger accepts, my opponent argues that two models are now in base and I have to randomly select the mindshackle target. We couldn't find the passage in the rulebook... but I have since found it.

Page 64, "For the duration of the challenge, these two models are considered to be in base contact only with each other."

Anything pop up recently that you'd like to add?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

A New Edition of "Rules we get wrong" Empty Re: A New Edition of "Rules we get wrong"

Post  judchic Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:20 pm

so according to the wording, both mindshackle and challenges go at the same time. in the main book it says that when something like this occurs the player whose turn it is can chose which is applied first. so if the necron player charges he will likely challenge first then mindshackle whereas his opponent will say use mindeshackle then challenge. does that sound right?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

A New Edition of "Rules we get wrong" Empty Re: A New Edition of "Rules we get wrong"

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 pm

judchic wrote:so according to the wording, both mindshackle and challenges go at the same time. in the main book it says that when something like this occurs the player whose turn it is can chose which is applied first. so if the necron player charges he will likely challenge first then mindshackle whereas his opponent will say use mindeshackle then challenge. does that sound right?

I'd agree with that. Mindshackle Scarabs happen, "In the fight sub-phase before blows are struck" according to the FAQ. Which is the same window that challenges are issued. The active player breaks ties, so on the Necron turn, the Necron player decides the order, on the other players turn, the other player decides the order.

It'd be nice if they addressed this exact issue in the FAQ, even if they just said the exact same thing I just said. In future rounds of combat, however, these two models would only be in base with each other.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I find it funny how many times I've heard mindshaakle scarabs come up. I think its the most frequently asked about peice of wargear in 40k.

As for new rules, lotta people (myself included) have been ignoring new set up rules. I think the only player to bring up terrain density was Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 pm

canadin wrote:I find it funny how many times I've heard mindshaakle scarabs come up. I think its the most frequently asked about peice of wargear in 40k.

As for new rules, lotta people (myself included) have been ignoring new set up rules. I think the only player to bring up terrain density was Tyson

No kidding.
In one of my last games, we almost made it in proper sequence... Ended up removing a pre set up terrain to make room for the aegis line.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Any one else keep forgetting to use dawn of war new rules....? Lol
Or forgetting to roll warlord trait until 3rd turn... O.o
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Psychic powers are a big one for me, but when I remember three turns in, I just say screw it and stick with Dark Excommunication and Sanctuary.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 pm

I forget to roll night fight almost evert single game. It drives.me bonkers because i remember everything else.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Imotek taught me to remember to roll for night fighting, as he forces you to do it for about half the game.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonkin Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:23 am

I always forget about night fight till turn 5
Daemonkin
Daemonkin
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:58 am

System Commander wrote:I forget to roll night fight almost evert single game. It drives.me bonkers because i remember everything else.. Smile

I'm good at remembering this now. I remember it because I think about how it might effect my deployment, and I get to roll it before I deploy.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:20 am

Yeah.. I really really have to remember that. Getting.some cover then a +2 to that for say a landraider is huge.

I should get a sticky note.and attach it to the front of the book
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down