Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More DA rumors

+5
Roland
Planes
System Commander
Commander James of the Ul
Matthew G
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More DA rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: More DA rumors

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 pm

This

Roland wrote:I like 6th, but this aspect of it feels at best like a half-assed effort and at worst like a blantant move to sell flyers and Aegis lines.

I do like that flyers add more questions about tactical play. As i only own and field one flyer, I consistently want to go second, as my hope is that the enemy's flyer will come on the board first and mine will fly on and take it out.... thereby ensuring i can use mine in later rounds and removing yours from the table. I'm not sure if this is worth losing the alpha strike, but it seems to be the best choice.

I do think that a simple FAQ giving all marines flak missiles as an option, and the other armies an equivalent upgrade on one of their weapons, would go a long way. Personally i think flak missiles should have interceptor. they are only STR 7. and they are cost prohibitive, especially in all comers lists.

OR just 100% legitimize Fordgworld and endorse Aeronautica as an extension of the 6th edition core book.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Personally I only use the Stormraven as my Flyer... And, its not THAT powerful.
I mean it costs 200 points minimum (230 with hurricane bolters) which put it as the cost of a Landraider, and in most games it STILL gets shot down by turn 3 (turn 4 if it doesnt come in until turn 3).
But then I hear the under costed necron flyers, and all of the others out there, and I have to scratch my head on it...
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 am

I feel bad about this when sixth came out I thought that this was an easy fix for the most part. Flakk missiles were the simple answer. They could have added errata after the chaos dex, but wait they butchered the points for flakk so who cares. I thought GW had it all figured out. I was wrong oh well only 3 1/2 years til 7th maybe they will get it right then. I can remember being so pumped about the leaked codex and now.... You hear 10 flyer cron lists out there and just shake your head in amazement. Add to that chaos demons being the new uber sauce and you just cry.

ttfn
qp
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Have you played against a cron wing?

Ppl can get many a panty in a twist about how the current edition has an "über" list, but will never really face said lists.

6th is awesome. There will always be OP units, but it doesn't invalidate the edition.

Tl:dr- calm down, it'll be okay.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

About the worst we'll see locally is maybe a 3 croissant Cron list or someone taking a unit each of Screamers/Flamers. Both have issues so they arent\'t unbeatable. More to the point they aren't fun to play against at all.... (There is a difference between a tough list thats fun to play against, and a list that wins 90% but bores the shit out of you. Cron airforce is one of them)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 pm

I personally dont have any problems with screamers or flamers..

If someone brought 20 of each to a game id be more concerned.. But a big unit of each or a few small units i have no problem.

3 scythes id be ok with.. 4-6 and id start complaining. .. Because at that point your opponent knows you wont bw havong fun yet hes still bringing it.

I havent played against a list i thought was unfair in saskatoon is.. Oh at least 6 years.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2