Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ork Rumours

+2
dusktiger
Lore Weaver
6 posters

Go down

Ork Rumours Empty Ork Rumours

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

From Faeit 212 via Stickmonkey (who sux):

First we can start with orks what i have heard is that they stay the same with furious charge and mob rules but all orks ( not grots or squigs)
will get FnP 6+ as a race because they are basically tough and it takes a lot to kill and stop an ork.

Most weapons will stay the same except choppas are ap6 but gain ap5 on charge and big choppers will be +2s and ap4 and ap3 on charge.

Nobz stay the same but are getting more characterful upgrades available to them, new kinds or grot assistants such as suicide grots(act alot like bomb squigs but prone to blowing up in unit) and
ammo runts and attack squigs also more weapon options like Big shootas and such.

new nob mega armour unit with teleporting abilities but its teleporting works differently from conventional deepstrike bit more random.
There is a special mek character that can bestow teleportation on D3 units.

special bloodaxe character with rules that can bring back boyz units once they are destroyed, much like an imperial guard special character.

A large multi wound squigoth type creature, not FW, it is ever hungry and uses a hunger points system. if it doesn't fulfill the hunger points in enemy's it will rampage nearest unit friend or
foe in order to eat.

Two new ork psychic lists for weirdboys, Mork more offencive and Gork more strategic. Many powers in the lists get more powerful the more orks are around the weirboy,
although the more powerful they are the more dangerous they are if they are miscast as they will often misdirect or hit the weirdboy and unit.

New ork only fortifications (including an ork rock) and an ork only warlord chart.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ork Rumours Empty Re: Ork Rumours

Post  dusktiger Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:10 am

looks interesting, but im not too sure the idea of giving FnP to every ork-type model in a horde army is such a good one. that'll make people have an even harder time with green tide lists.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am

At 6+ it's not too ridiculous. It'll be ridiculous if a Painboy adds +2 to that result. 4+ FNP with the new FNP restrictions would be quite ridiculous.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm

wtf, get this ork nonsense out of here till Tau/Eldar get released Razz

in all seriousness i dont understand how there can be so many rumors of stuff when they still havent put out a second codex for 6th yet...
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 pm

I imagine we'll see two books a year. Maybe a few books really soon. Dark Angles, Tau, and Eldar should all be within the next year.

I imagine Orks will linger for a bit, as their current book has aged well.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:At 6+ it's not too ridiculous. It'll be ridiculous if a Painboy adds +2 to that result. 4+ FNP with the new FNP restrictions would be quite ridiculous.

its no different than the entire necron army standing back up on X number. no different than a res orb affecting unit members. in fact is less powerful.

as long as the orks actually pay points for it. heck, it might be the best thing ever if it ups the point cost, reducing the number of models on the table and shortening the time it takes to play a game.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Ork book is what, 2 years out?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:At 6+ it's not too ridiculous. It'll be ridiculous if a Painboy adds +2 to that result. 4+ FNP with the new FNP restrictions would be quite ridiculous.

its no different than the entire necron army standing back up on X number. no different than a res orb affecting unit members. in fact is less powerful.

as long as the orks actually pay points for it. heck, it might be the best thing ever if it ups the point cost, reducing the number of models on the table and shortening the time it takes to play a game.

well sort of. my issue with res protocals is that you cannot deny it in any way. at least with FNP you can double T most things to get rid of it. I prefered 5th when you could pw or ap 1/2 it away. did they faq if you used a weapon with ID that you still dont get FNP even if it doesnt your T. I remember reading something about it in the faq.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 am

Aegwymourn wrote:

well sort of. my issue with res protocals is that you cannot deny it in any way. at least with FNP you can double T most things to get rid of it. I prefered 5th when you could pw or ap 1/2 it away. did they faq if you used a weapon with ID that you still dont get FNP even if it doesnt your T. I remember reading something about it in the faq.

Balances out the 5+ verse the 4+ in fifth. Orks with fnp would be kinda cool.
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down