Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feast of Blades

+2
System Commander
Timbo
6 posters

Go down

Feast of Blades Empty Feast of Blades

Post  Timbo Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

So, although 'Cron Air made a strong showing (barf) at Feast of Blades the clear winner was Chaos Daemons. 4 of the top 8 finishers were Chaos Daemons. I saw a picture of one of the armies, and it looked like it had about 40 Screamers in it. Probably not a lot of fun for anyone involved. Neutral
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Feast of Blades Empty Re: Feast of Blades

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah.. I saw that as well. I was actually keeping an eye on bols yesterday cuz they threw up a post about daemons consistently being on the top table.. Then never followed it.up. I was trying to what was being played.

But yeah.. All the lists were pretty similar they were saying.. Lots of screamers ( 3 units of 9-10), lots of flamers (3 units of 9-10), small sized units of plaguebearers for objectives.

For the airforce counter its funny.. Get in and kill whats on the table so they gave to forfeit.. Crazy, but funny.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Looks like they changed the game so that every unit was scoring if at or above 50%, unless they're scoring in the core game. Kinda makes this list a little bit better.

The idea was to delete the units on the board on Turn 1 and force cron-air to forfeit.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:47 am

They said most games ended with Cron Air tabling, or getting tabled. Sounds fun either way! Robyn, if you check back now you can see a copy of one of the Daemon lists. From what I understand they were all pretty much carbon copies of each other. 3 units of Screamers, 3 units of Flamers, plus some troop stuff. Even without their modified (and horrible!) scoring system, those Daemon lists are killer. Making non-troops score (in every match!) goes against everything 40K has been about since 5th edition. I don't get it. scratch
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:59 am

Yeah.. weird. I didn't relaize the rules were all messed up like that, I dont get it. I guess to mix things up a bit... ?

But 6th is so new still, why do you need to mix it up?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:11 am

They weren't scoring for obj. Just for securing table quarters (4th ed VP basically).

Those units just kill almost everything, glance stuff to death, and can reliably overwatch stuff to death.

I'm somewhat unfamiliar with daemons, those are t5, 2w, 5++, w/ FNP? That'll be fun to try and shoot off the board.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 am

Feast of blades scoring rules reads like some sort of weird grade 8 math question.

Regardless of that. the 6th edition meta sure shows its imbalance. and GW's complete lack of caring about it.
If they can errata the hellbrute's cost, they could modify the Nightscythe to be a reasonable cost, and the Vendetta to a lesser degree. If flyers can be brought in line, then that Daemons army wouldn't be as nuts.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:49 am

Not quite that good.. Toughness 4, 2 wounds each and just their 5+ invul.

2 wounds on any model is great.. On a 23 point jump pack model with breath of chaos.. Ack. Screamers the same.. But points are a bit more.. But they count as jet bikes, and burn through vehicles and heaviky armoured troops like nothing.

I used new flamers which are awesome.. They were good before when they only had one wound and a 4+ save.. But with two wounds its just so much easiesr to get extra templates in.

Ive never used screamers but would consider it if i had some.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 am

Oh.. I just realized you might havr been talking about plaguebearers. They are tgh 5, fnp, with a 5+ save but only one wound.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:01 am

Mike B: Agree totally, If you can erreta the cost on the helbrute, or put out a WD supplement you can fix the Night Scythe. As of right now it's a flyer that follows NONE of the flyer rules.

Robyn: Nope I was talking bout the flamers. That Said a 5+ invul is the same as a 5+armor no?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:11 am

The Nightscythe doesn't ignore all the flier rules. It still has the 18" minimum on it's move and flat out, and can only make a single 90 degree turn at the start of the move phase.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:20 am

it ignores the rule that something with the same cost and efficacy of a Rifleman dreadnought (which is already good) shouldnt fly, get extra hits on 6's , carry troops, and be able to drop said troops anywhere without incident.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:40 am

you forgot immune to Str 4 and less.

I tend to agree with BOLS, either raise the cost to 160 per, or lower AV to 10/10/10 and lose some of the crazy stuff.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum