Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions

+7
Deadlytoaster
Timbo
Rhaevyn
judchic
System Commander
Planes
Lore Weaver
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions - Page 4 Empty Re: Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:
Timbo wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:
as well as a twin-linked assault cannon, which would be effective against AV10 flyers, like Dakkajets.

You mean twin-linked heavy bolter. Vanilla land raiders only for Chaos please!

Oh... Right. I'm used to Aidan's crusader.

bumm bumm ba bummm, awww.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions - Page 4 Empty Re: Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions

Post  Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Thought: could you staple a khornate termy lord to something in codex daemons? Like bloodcrushers?

I mean they both deep strike.... and they are battle brothers

Is this legal? And if it is, is it useful?

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm

The biggest issue here is the daemonic assault rule.

He could join a unit later but not as the beginning. Unlike cdex daemon characters.who cant join any unit other then daemons.. I was checking into that to see if i could get a cheap tzeentch herald to hang with somw cultists.. Nooe!

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Well... I'll say this about the Chaos army. It makes good toast.

Toaster Interview
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Codex Daemons says that no daemon units can squad up with ANYTHING but daemons of the same god.

FAQ clarifies that this includes no attaching IC's to allies

Still think scoring solution is noise marines

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm

I was trolling the FW site and i almost had an accident in my pants, i saw the pic below and thought that all the csm prayers had been answered.

an open topped Assault vehicle for Marines!!...

turns out it imperial guard 30K Smile

Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions - Page 4 GorMor6
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm

The assault ram still isnt a bad option.. Just damn expensive Smile

Ive been using.two landraiders and enjoying it. One usually gets destroyed during.the game.. But ive had a few games where both.survived.. Been really enjoying them both. Sorry.. To clarify.. Ive been really enjoyong the lascannons they bring.plus the lascannon pred. Lascannon power!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Lass-cannons. they're like an ak-47.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Kharn in a land-raider with some zerkers...

then a Warpsmith, marked with Khorn, in a land-raider with some zerkers.

A Warpsmith with a MoK gets 7 S6 AP2 attacks on the charge (assuming an icon in his attached unit). Seems okay for 120pts (and he has a 2+ save)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Take Huron instead of the warpsmith and infiltrate your two land raiders!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Take Huron instead of the warpsmith and infiltrate your two land raiders!
---- Kachow ----

That's slightly killer.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Ouchies?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Though, i'm not sure it works. infiltrators can take their dedicated transports into the bush with them. but the CSM land raider is only a dedicated trasnport for Terminators. if you remove the terminators and put berzerkers in there, and then infiltrate the zerkers, do they get to take thier borrowed dedicated transports with them?

also i dont think you can have a character without infiltrate join a unit with infiltrate before the game starts.

was good while it lasted though!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm

You wouldn't be able to start with the zerkers inside another unit's dedicated transport. After deployment you can borrow a dedicated ride, but not before.

Well it depends how Huron's rule is worded. If it says "unit" and when you choose said unit it is your deployment technically any attached characters count as part of it.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:31 pm

I guess you can give the infiltrate to Kharne. who would then impart it upon the squad. it doesnt work the other way around. but you'de still need to find a way to get the zerkers into the Raider.

I guess you could just take khorne marked terminators put kharne in the unit and then confer infiltrate on him. which would trickle down to the raider through the termies. could do two units like that with huron in the second unit.

but your talking 1000 points for the two units with no backup or scoring yet.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:38 pm

True. At that point you'd be playing more of a Kill Them All list.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 pm

One problem....

"An Independent Character without the
Infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit
of infiltrators during deployment."

Edit: You can stick some cc themed termies in a landraider and stick 'em 18" away from something. Pretty effective termi-cide.

Although, "A unit that deploys using these rules cannot charge in the first turn."

put some combi-plasma's or combi-melta's on 'em, and mixed power weapons, and it'd be pretty effective.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Thats why you give it to Kharn, he's infantry and confers it on the Termies, who confer it on the Raider.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:One problem....

yeah, but if the character WITH the infiltrate special rule can be put with units without infitrate and convey it to said unit. So you could give kharne infiltrate, kharne gives it to the termies. the termies give it to the landraider. Its like chaos herpes.

edit: exactly what beau said Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:20 pm

BLAST! DISCOVERED!
i was totally going to do that next tourny... my scheme is ruined...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 pm

You still could, you know. Just keep an eye out for anyone who might just walk forward and melta you on turn 1 if they get first turn.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Melta Vets to the rescue!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:One problem....

yeah, but if the character WITH the infiltrate special rule can be put with units without infitrate and convey it to said unit. So you could give kharne infiltrate, kharne gives it to the termies. the termies give it to the landraider. Its like chaos herpes.

edit: exactly what beau said Smile

Chaos Herp is WAY better:D
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Planes wrote:You still could, you know. Just keep an eye out for anyone who might just walk forward and melta you on turn 1 if they get first turn.
12" range meltagun on models that move 6" or 12" if they disembark. I feel safe starting 18-24" away in an armor 14 box.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm

judchic wrote:
Planes wrote:You still could, you know. Just keep an eye out for anyone who might just walk forward and melta you on turn 1 if they get first turn.
12" range meltagun on models that move 6" or 12" if they disembark. I feel safe starting 18-24" away in an armor 14 coffin.

There fixed that for you! Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next