stuck on an HQ choice for my heresy army

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stuck on an HQ choice for my heresy army

Post  dusktiger on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:13 am

since im ordering the MK4 command set which comes with 2 dudes, i'm trying to decide what to make them into for my Heresy Era E.C. army.

the one holding his helmet will be a Praetor, but i can only field those at 1000+ points.
im settling into the idea of giving him his base Bolt Pistol, taking an additional Volkite Charger (15" S5 AP5 Assault 2 'bolter' that gets an additional auto-hit when it causes an unsaved wound), a Paragon Blade so he hits @ Str+1, AP2, and causes instant death on 6's, Digital Lasers so he gets 6 CQC attacks, and an iron halo to go with the artificer armor he comes with.

for 180pts, he looks like this (colored text is the optional wargear):
HQ: Legion Praetor
WS 6, BS 5, S 4, T 4, Wo 3, I 5, At 6, Ld 10, Sv 2+/4++
(Legiones Astartes; Master of the Legion; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Volkite Charger; Paragon Blade; Digital Lasers; Iron Halo; Melta Bombs)

the guy with the flag im going to convert. im gonna ditch the banner and give him a replacement arm, and im debating which guy to make him into.
no matter who i choose, he'll start with the following stats:
WS 5, BS 5, S 4, T 4, Wo 2, I 5, At 4, Ld 9, Sv 3+
(Legiones Astartes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword Volkite Charger; Melta Bombs; Refractor Field(5+Invul))
i havent decided what to give him for his melee weapon to replace the chainsword, since only Praetors can choose a Paragon Blade. i can take power weapons, Claws, Fists, and Hammers.

then it comes down to 2 character-type upgrades i can give him;
Champion - becomes WS 6, 1 weapon is master-crafted, must always issue/accept challenges.
Primus Medicae - Narthecium, Needle Pistol(S2, AP5, poisoned, rending pistol), and if he's within 6" of a friendly unit that gets wiped out in a Kill Point game, your side also gain's +1 KP for that unit being destroyed.

both upgrades get full access to the same wargear, so it's just a matter of which has more appealing wargear options. so far im leaning towards the Primus Medicae, both for his rules, and the idea of a head-apothecary leading the army in games under 1000pts is appealing to me.

what do you guys think? any suggestions on what melee weapon to give the champion/medicae?

Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stuck on an HQ choice for my heresy army

Post  Planes on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:11 pm

I really like the look of the banner dude, but the stat line on the sword dude sounds spiffy.

I use every part of the Space Buffalo.

Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top