Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th n power weapons

5 posters

Go down

6th n power weapons Empty 6th n power weapons

Post  judchic Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:19 am

So figured I'd just give a quick rundown on my thoughts of the main book power weapons.

Swords- the go-to option. Ok vs everything but fails vs 2+. Not bad for vs marines
Axes- I don't know how much you will see this on champions in the fear of running into someone with a sword but useful for killing 2+ armor in a pinch.
Maces- I think these are better than first glance. Yes it's not ap3 but str+2 is huge. It pretty much lets you kill anything with low armor very easy. Also gives extra attacks vs vehicles in hand to hand.
Lance- um... Ya I got nothing on this. Could be useful on fast units that don't hit hard (eldar bikes)
Power fist/chainfist- throwing this in because they took a huge hit. 10m marine squad can't charge something really big and more or less body block til the sarge punches it to death. Exception being if the model with it is durable enough to survive the hits.
All these said it does depend on unit and if the model carrying is a champion.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

6th n power weapons Empty Re: 6th n power weapons

Post  Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 am

I have done quite of thinking on what to do with all my vets now with so many options.

Powerfists don't feel safe enough to carry, especially since chaos vets are dueling nuts now. Axes have same issue, so they are fine for termies to carry, but not for champs.

Maul and sword both seem cool not every army in 40k has power armour, so the mace feels more versatile (better for 2+, 4+, 5+, 6+), while the sword only maths out better vs 3+.

Then lance. Kept thinking of khorne champ, S 6, AP 3 on charge, but S4 AP 4 on counter charge. Don't feel its worth it for +1 Str on charges.

Option F) €For the same 15 points every CSM vet can take a lightning claw!

Its equivalent to powersword when charged. 2/3 # of attacks X 50% more wounds ~ 3/3 ~ 1
But when charging / raging / countercharging / furious charging, you end up ahead of the powersword even with 1 less attack.

So playtest list now has every combat vet with a lightning claw

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Ive been using a claw with most of my champs as well.

No point dueling with a fist or axe... I have been thinking about giving one a maul though.. Str 6 is appealing. .. And if you can hit hopefully with all or most attacks.. You should wound with all. *shrugs* not sure though. Best option is getting some slaneeah marks.. The berserker champs have been underperforming Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm in love with Axe's and Maul's at the moment.

With Axe's, it's pretty swanky if you've got more than one character in the unit, so your axe can lay the beats on the troops and win you combat. Pretty cool as it allows for the +1 Attack for extra close combat weapon.

Maul's... S6 is amazing. I'll take wounding on 2's... it's so versatile. It's better than a sword against all armour types except 3+, amazing against MC's, and usable in some other unique cases (against vehicles)

Swords... meh, at high-initiative they're cool. Fists and the like are just as good as last time around, IMO.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I run a vanguard squad with a glaive encarmine (axe) on the champ, a fist on a reg dude, and a reg pw on another reg dude

Works alright...
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Power Axe is the go-to weapon for IG blob squads. You just have to throw in an extra commissar for redundancy in case one gets sniped. A big blob (4+squads) is a scary, scary thing.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down