Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Kelly can lick my balls.

+10
Lore Weaver
Aervyper
Termagant
judchic
Lord_Commander_Stash
Deadlytoaster
Rhaevyn
Spamus Eatus
System Commander
Timbo
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Phil Kelly can lick my balls. - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Kelly can lick my balls.

Post  Timbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 pm

BoLS is so depressing these days. Goatboy only talks about how to abuse allies, and then we get tournament reports with 'Cron Air lists galore. That's not 40K for me.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 am

heck frontlinegaming.org has a 30 min love fest with codex chaos. Other than giving berzerkers and havocs a failing grade it's a pretty glowing review... Again Reece own's his store and this is his last cash cow for 40k til probably january unless you believe Dark Angels is coming faster than even i believe.
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 am

Reece was all like
Reece wrote:Chosen are the business. I can see people taking Abbadon to make Chosen troops and filling up Troops with Chosen and plasma spam.

Ya.... This isn't "Who's line is it anyway" the points do matter.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 am

I also cannot believe there is not a single new special character. Where is the chaos equivalent of the tried and true one trick pony Pedro kantor, or Vulcan for chaos. Is this one of the first signs of the chapter house lawsuit. Eventually either your version of sanity will appear or there will be norm, or the Phil Kelly love in cool aide will smother us all, this is fun,lol.
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:19 am

We might have to have a "No Mat Ward Books" Tournament. :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 am

In terms of format, I like the codex. The armory is back, but streamlined. Book is beautiful.

In terms of content, the book is as good as the last one... B-,C range?

In terms of expectation, FAIL. This codex was supposed to be on par with Knights, Wolves and the walking dead. It was being brought down from on high by the church of Kelly, and would return chaos to the glory days of 3.5. Lies I tell you.

I had worked with Robyn to update my chaos marines from
4th to 5th. I held off doing any major work until the book dropped so I could make changes if need be. I haven't seen anything to change.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:26 am

Yeah ok so expectation wise fail, yeah that a given Razz The predictions were pertty intense ill say. But they really didnt seem to fit Phil's style so i wasnt really expecting the kinds of things that were being predicted. Any how i will likely pick up the book tonight as i like reading the books and its nice to get an idea of what the new rules are.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:21 am

....no more negativity from me. got to be chipper.

So, you think i could get away with Counts-as Wolves/BA/GK? i could play a different book every week.

OR, how about Chaos-Counts-as-NECRONS? Tons of S5 T5 craziness for no good reason. No Psychic tests- but abilities that are better than most psychic powers... That sounds like a Tzeench army to me. Immortals are the same thing as Tsons Rubrics right? dead guys in armor, yes?? Cryptek, er, i Mean Chaos Sorc in the unit shooting off 36 inch range str 8 ap 2 shots with no psychic tests from the unit, thats definitly the same as the new version of Bolt of change(doombolt) (or wait, doombolt is only 18in range Sad .. 18 and 36 are almost the same thing....right? .. chipper. stay chipper. ) Solar Pulse... Yeah The changer of the ways Darkens your skies!.. i could pretend to roll psychic tests.. to give it some more flavour. Could have Surfboard lords riding Discs of Tzeench for characters. Defilers counts-as Triarch stalkers. Hell-Drakes counts-as Doom-Cythes. flame is flame, right, right??!

Could use Chaos spawn counts as Scarabs. cuz 30 point mindless dudes with no save and d6 attacks are roughly the same thing as 15 point controllable swarms with 4! attacks that eat armour? same difference, for sure. chipper, oh. so. chipper. The scarabs have 2 init while the spawn have 3, but I can give up that huge advantage. for sure.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:35 am

Hey.. Thats the spirit!

Hehe..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:28 pm

I think the problem here is grey knights and necrons. If the chaos book came out before them we wouldn't be having half the complaints about it. Hell it would have been commented on being a balanced book. All this anger and hate is being misguided at Phil Kelly where it should be directed at the one responsible.
Matt Ward. He needs to buy a calculator and realize how screwed up his costs are for units.
"Hmm... A marine with a force weapon, better psychic defense, psychic powers and a storm bolter... 4 points more than a tactical Marine sounds right"
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Yup.. Exactly. Compared to the other books.. Great. Compared to necs and gk.. Argh !!!!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 pm

LOL@ Abaddon with chosen and plasma spam. Smallest army ever?

Robyn, I agree the book pales in comparison with Grey Knights and Necrons. The sad thing is it also pales in comparison with Wolves, IG, DE, Templars, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Orks (another 4th ed book by fucking Phil Kelly no less!) to name a few. He did such a good job on the Ork book. Only really one WTF entry in the whole book IMO (Flash Gitz). And that's a book that has actually stood the test of time. You still see Orks placing well at big events here and there.

You could make the argument that new Chaos is on par with vanilla Marines and Tau (it's close either way). They're probably better than Sisters and 'Nids. Definitely better than Eldar, for a few months at least.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm

One of the biggest problems with the army?

This page here:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440207a&rootCatGameStyle=

Aside from the two new models (Warpsmith and Dark Apostle), every single HQ model looks like a bad joke.

EDIT: Actually Typhus and the Plastic Lord kit look ok.

The rest are trash though.

Look! My evil ancient superhuman immortal semi-demon general is an 80's glam rock hair metal singer!

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:29 pm

They look like 80s dudes because most of those figs were designed in the 80s. They were cutting edge then, when GW sponsored horrible metal bands. The only change we get from those figures is the prices. They go up. A lot.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:31 pm

A lot of the worst offenders aren't even that old.

Huron Blackheart is relatively new, the Nurgle Daemon Prince is pretty new, the plastic Daemon Prince kit is pretty new, Lucius is pretty new, and they are all some of the worst sculpted figs GW has ever made.

I know GW isn't likely going to ever resculpt all the character models for an army for its release (although they came damn close with Necrons), but who the hell is going to look at Abbadon or Lucius or the frigging Nurgle Daemon Prince, and think "You know what? I think I'd like to start a Chaos army. That is a beautiful figure."

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:55 pm

I like Huron and the nurgle daemon prince...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Nurgle demon prince is one of my fav's.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:57 am

Godhead, all the figs you listed are fantastic sculpts. Its the new stuff that blows chunks. Which is strange, looking at dark vengeance...

Blackheart- excellent

Nurgle Dp- one of the best Dp's around, hands down.

lucius- fits his art exactly.

Worst figs:

Everything Jes goodwin created.

I'm actually flabbergasted by Jes. man creates the coolest designs out there for eldar, but when it comes to chaos, its generic blocky fantasy crap.

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3