Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mortarion, death guard primarch rules

Go down

mortarion, death guard primarch rules Empty mortarion, death guard primarch rules

Post  dusktiger Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm

faiet 212 has an article on the death guard primarch in the new HH: Betrayal book. reposting it here to see what you guys think. he sounds pretty cool:

Mortarion (also known as the Death Lord) was one of the original twenty Primarchs. He was given command of the Death Guard Legion on the arrival of the Emperor to his world but he turned to the forces of Chaos during the Horus Heresy. (via lexicanum)

So this morning we have some information regarding the Primarch of the Deathguard, as I am sure he is to be one of the favorites.

via a hobbyist that does not want his name shown
Mortarion the Reaper

Mortarion is tough, real tough. His weapon skill, toughness and wounds are nurgle's sacred number! He has a few special rules that make him even tougher however.

Because of his resilience, Mortarion rerolls failed Toughness tests AND 'it will not die!' rolls. He also automatically passes dangerous terrain tests. To top it off, any weapons that wound on a fixed roll (including but not limited to poisoned weapons) only affect Mortarion on a roll of 6 instead.
Mortarion also passes all deny the witch rolls on a 4+.
Convinced yet?

His drawback seems to be he's slow in assault. His battle scythe, Silence, is essentially a power axe and nunwieldy. But I'm sure he can take the hits. Besides, it also causes instant death, rerolls failed armour penetration rolls and can trade all attacks for a sweep attack, that's one attack per model in base contact.
There are rules for his Censers and the Lantern. Both are very strong ranged weapons although range isn't too far.

I've mentioned before, Mortarion can assault a minimum of 18" in one turn. This is linked with his Reaper-like qualities. In addition to causing -1 on leadership tests caused by his fear, Mortarion may make a special move instead of running or shooting if he passes a leadership test. Mortarion (and ONLY Mortarion) redeploys up to 10" away regardless of terrain as long as there's room and he isn't within 3" on an enemy model. This is clearly to stop the ability making assaults garunteed (which are specifically allowed, although become a disordered charge) but how often do you roll snake eyes for assault? Probably just when you need it... Still, that's a maximum assault potential of 28" a turn. That's a fair trade in my books.

The last big trick up his sleeve? Mortarion is a pretty generous guy, all Death Guard in the army gain Stubborn (unless already Fearless) and frag grenades/missiles and havoc launchers gain the poisoned 4+ rule.

via HERO from HERO'S Gaming Blog (there is more information there)
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2012/09/mortarion-and-fulgrim-primarch-stats.html

WS 7 BS 5 S 6 T 7 W 7 I 5 A 5 Ld 10 Sv 2+
Unit Type: Infantry (Character)
Unit Character: 1 (Unique)
Wargear:
The Barberan Plate
2+ Armour Save, 4+ Invun

Silence Str +1 AP 2
Type
Melee, Instant Death, Sunder (may re-roll armour pen rolls), Unwieldy, Two Handed, Sweep Attack (may exchange all attacks to attack every model in base contact)

The Lantern
Range18" Str 8 AP 2
Type
Assault 1, Sunder
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum