PSA: Go see Dredd!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSA: Go see Dredd!

Post  Spamus Eatus on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 am

So me and some buddies went and saw Dredd3D the other night, not quite sure what to expect. Turned out I was very impressed by it, WAYYYY better than the campy Stallone one. Karl Urban is a fantastic Dredd, and the 3D is well done, it doesn't feel like it's just tacked on. Also, since we are all big 40k fans here, you will like much of the theme and feel of the movie. It's pretty easy to see the Judges as the Arbites. (Judge Dredd is the material GW blatantly ripped off for the Adeptus Arbites Razz ) If you like yourself some good old fashioned Sci-Fi action flick in a dystopian future, you should like this one. Very Happy

Anyways, just thought I'd mention it, as I guess it hasn't been doing very well as the trailer is pretty weak, and we were all dissapointed by the Total Recall remake, and "3D" can be a put-off for some people.

Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PSA: Go see Dredd!

Post  Timbo on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 am

I'll echo this. It's a very faithful rendition of Dredd. It's obviously done on a tight budget, but the results are impressive. There is cool action, gore, Avon Barksdale, the entire plot of The Raid: Redemption, and some deadpan black humour. See it twice!

This is my favourite non-politically correct reviewer quote:

A good B-movie makes the grade with retard strength, not by acing math tests, and Dredd has a plot like a sledge hammer.

Timbo
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:46 am

"it's just. damn. awesome." that says it right there folks. go see this film!

i didnt know they were remaking this film til i read this. know what i plan to do this weekend now.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

View user profile http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:23 am

Dredd was a work of violent, gory art. I thought it was fantastic.. but yeah, the trailers leading up to it look horrible.

The story was really, really close Raid: The Redemption, which by the way was also another great movie filled with little story and a ton of violent action and gore.

Maybe thats the secret on how to great an action movie. Take hero, put him in big building full of criminals. Go.

I think the guys that did that movie have already signed up for a sequel.. or so a quick headline blurb I read said.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah I liked it. Raid:Redemption was maybe a little better but Dredd was solid. I liekd seeing Lena Headey all hagged up.

ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Finally getting out to this tonight. Imax3d though. Hopefully worth the wait.

Cant wait to See the look on our accountants face when i expense it cuz i snagged a slice of pizza at the theatre.

Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top