Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos tidbits

+10
Planes
gluvzer
Aegwymourn
Roland
Timbo
Rhaevyn
Paz
Lore Weaver
Lord_Commander_Stash
System Commander
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chaos tidbits - Page 2 Empty Re: Chaos tidbits

Post  Planes Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't know if anyone has linked to these yet or not, but some leaked images.

Personally, I like the daemon engines.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm

I think 8 str 8 shots with bs 3 against flyers and bs 4 against ground units is really impressive for 170/190 points. The vector strike against other flyers is also darn nice.. But we'll still have to see how the codex pans out. Defnitwe points.and.options havent surfaced yet.. And old rumours are coming up false.

Truthfully.. As much as im happy to get a flyer for chaos.. I dont really think anythng ive head has got me overlynezcited except just having a new book. Maybe the chosen terminators.. But there going to be expensive anyway.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

The initial rumours said the warp talons had a blind attack on a unit when the arrved . .. Some tjngs are pointing towards getting an assault when they arrive.

They better have somethng mega impressve for 30 points and lighrening claws. Possibly the daemon rule was the other thng i heard. They dont seem worth it now.. Thats for sure.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:56 pm

pretty sure they cause a blast when they pop out of the warp. the explanation was remarkably like the effect of sunburst. a pyromancy nova spell with a 6 inch range that blinds enemies (ws/bs1) for a turn. they are also rumored to have lightning claws and get an additional attack @ I10 with their talon-ed feet when they charge."death from above"

either way, its still bad. successfully blinding units within a 6 inch radius means that you forgot A) you deepstruck in too close to an enemy and are risking your unit, and B) things further than 6 inches away may also have guns and swords. ... now if the ability made it so that nothing could charge you for a turn after you deepstruck... or provided a kickass cover save...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

For 30 points a models they'd better buy me a beer and tell me how awesome I am every time they hit the table. Then they'd better personally apologise every time they die to a couple bolter shots. Robyn, I don't know how you're pricing stuff, but how is 170 points for that Chaos flier good compared to a Dakkajet, Vendetta or Doomscythe? It just doesn't add up. Your point about the rumours possibly being inaccurate is well-taken though.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm glad your including the dakka and the doomscythe in the mix Tim. i was going to say earlier that you cant really compare anything to the vendetta. it was point-priced two years before 6th and just FAQed to be a flyer when all it was before, was an expensive chimera with some guns. I dont recall GW re-pricing a model in a codex in recent memory. I imagine if the dex were released today, the vendetta would run in the 160 -180 range.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:18 am

Timbo wrote:For 30 points a models they'd better buy me a beer and tell me how awesome I am every time they hit the table. Then they'd better personally apologise every time they die to a couple bolter shots. Robyn, I don't know how you're pricing stuff, but how is 170 points for that Chaos flier good compared to a Dakkajet, Vendetta or Doomscythe? It just doesn't add up. Your point about the rumours possibly being inaccurate is well-taken though.

Well twin-linked bs3 is effectively bs 4.5
3 BS 4.5 las cannons vs 8 str 8 BS 4 shots. Against most vehicles (anything not AV 14) the Ap doesnt matter, you just glance their shit. Also you are going to kill close to the same amount of marines with both weapon loadouts.

Also the vendetta should be closer to 200 points for what you get. Then if you compare points the dragon gives up troop capacity for 30 points.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 am

Rhaevyn wrote:I'm glad your including the dakka and the doomscythe in the mix Tim. i was going to say earlier that you cant really compare anything to the vendetta. it was point-priced two years before 6th and just FAQed to be a flyer when all it was before, was an expensive chimera with some guns. I dont recall GW re-pricing a model in a codex in recent memory. I imagine if the dex were released today, the vendetta would run in the 160 -180 range.

The vendetta isnt supposed to be a flyer anyway....the fluff explains their extra point of armour over the original forgeworld flyer (av11) that sometimes they bolt on extra armour for front line opperations which slows them down to a skimmer.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:35 am

Im with Paz on this one, im rather disapointed with the direction they took the new models (the dragon is the only one i remain hopeful for but i need to see more pics, the one alone looks kinda wonky). I just wish they would give us the legions back.... Granted this is only the first wave of models, im sure there will be lots of new other things that will come out over time (or maybe just new sculpts for old models)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:24 am

Lord_Commander_Stash wrote: Against most vehicles (anything not AV 14) the Ap doesnt matter, you just glance their shit. Also you are going to kill close to the same amount of marines with both weapon loadouts.

I disagree with your first sentence and agree with your second. The Vendetta will penetrate armour more often, and when it does it will destroy a vehicle on a 5+ instead of a 6. It's a huge difference. The Vendetta also has the fringe benefit of being able to blast terminators/oblits/meganobz/etc. and the Dragon cannot. But yes, like you and Mike have already said we all know the Vendetta is undercosted. What I'm saying is that the Dragon looks overcosted regardless. Compare it to a Doomscythe (which was created with 6th in mind) and it comes up severely lacking.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 am

Timbo wrote:
Lord_Commander_Stash wrote: Against most vehicles (anything not AV 14) the Ap doesnt matter, you just glance their shit. Also you are going to kill close to the same amount of marines with both weapon loadouts.

I disagree with your first sentence and agree with your second. The Vendetta will penetrate armour more often, and when it does it will destroy a vehicle on a 5+ instead of a 6. It's a huge difference. The Vendetta also has the fringe benefit of being able to blast terminators/oblits/meganobz/etc. and the Dragon cannot. But yes, like you and Mike have already said we all know the Vendetta is undercosted. What I'm saying is that the Dragon looks overcosted regardless. Compare it to a Doomscythe (which was created with 6th in mind) and it comes up severely lacking.

Compare the dragon to the poor SM storm talon. Doesn't look too overcosted then...
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:07 am

new shots on Faeit from the WD.

Looks like i will be scratch-building Maulers as well as oblitz. fugly models, and finecast =x

Chaos tidbits - Page 2 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348056495.635887
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 am

There are a bunch more pictures up of the new white dwarf on faiet.. Not sure if they were there or not earlier.

More pictures is helping.. The dragon is lookng a bit better.. The daemon engines show their massive scale.

The dark apostle is pretty awesome.. But those cc oblits.. Argh.

There was also this beauty from FW.. Featuring everyones favorite primarch...

Chaos tidbits - Page 2 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348055564.033066
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 am

I've only read a couple of the HH books. Didn't recall Angron having wings. It is a great pic.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am

Nope.. Definitly does not have wings. Just anger.

My picture is loading funny.. Does it look like he has wings. Should just be a big cape. Thats the first primarch mini coming from FW. Yup.. They are the way. That'll be fun to play against.. Smile.. although im guessimg expensive as hell.

I wish the chaos book was out this week so incould be busy painting up chaos units. Or.. Maybe not even painimg anythimg aince berserkers are at least better in the new book and cheaper. Instead im stuck painting grey

And new chaos lords.. *sigh*
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 am

looks like a feathered eagle-type wing to me.

could just be a very elaborate cape. i guess.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:45 am

The CC olbits are ugly (though maybe if you did a face swap they might not look so bad.) The FW diorama is awesome, Do you know if their gunna do all the primarchs? or just the Primarchs from the traitor legions? If its all of them, i might have to splurge on Sanguinius, hes always been my favorite Primarch because of his story and his wings. However id also like Lion El Johnson as hes pertty baller too. The rest will depend on the models. (and their price haha). The chaos release is looking dissapointing so far but we'll wait and see, maybe it wont be as bad as it looks, it will depend on where the chaos marines theme is headed i suppose.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:53 am

OOOOK so i just had a look at the pics on faeit and the chaos release is looking alot better, the dark apostle dude is awesome, the (raptors?) with the swords and stuff look cool and the dudes with the lightning claws dont look so bad neither. Even the shooty beasty doesnt look as warmachine/privateer press-ish as i originally thought. Maybe it wont be so bad after all (showing we shouldnt all jump to conclusions lol)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 am

I am enjoying the size of them.. even the dragon looks better in the blue colour.

Yeah.. His cloak does look feathery on that one side, thats for sure.

Im not sure how the points will sort out vs. Worth on the daemon engines.. But if they a 5+ invul, a 5+ chance to regen each turn, and some good shooting it seems costed ok. We'll have to see though. I dont see any great delas yet thouhh Smile

Damn.. Leak a copy already. Im tired of.theorizing based on rumours Smile

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am

angron looks like he has a huge fur cape with long chains running down it to me. i dont see any feathers.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

Wow, thank god for those pics...

New warp talons- too much bling

New raptors- just right!

New oblits- oh god why. The old ones looked better.

Still going to convert my own.

Daemon engines- still not happy here. Maaaybe the open mouthed one... Maybe

Dragon- robo dragon is a lot better. I can see myself getting it

I think I'm just gonna get a bunch of foreworld heresy armor and mix it with chaos bits to get my alpha legion...
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 am

I do see Mikes point though, it does look like he has a wing tucked back.

It could be a feather cloak though.. Ibthink i remember seeing a piece of art or desciption like that
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 am

If you look at collected visions: Horus heresy, I do believe it shows Angron with a fur and feather cape..

Along with lightning bolt motifs, it goes with the whole Romanesque ancient might look. Really gaudy and embellished.

LOVE IT
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Some shenanigans gleened from warseer and the internets.

Oblits have the Assault Cannon added to their list of weapons options. (It'd be nice if they could get Flakk Missiles...)

Chaos Space Marines
- its coming along with the new models - within the next 2 weeks.
- Hard Cover
- Phil Kelly is the author
- Some photos of the 'dex are in the WD, though they're quite small and hard to make out text.
- Lots of background included
- Some beautiful artwork
- Several rules mentioned, including 'Veteran of the Eternal War' (not sure of the specifics as I don't have the WD handy) but from memory it gives a unit fearless (definately not 100% sure on this - might be +1LD) and Prefered Enemy (Space Marines). Cannot say if this rule is an upgrade or universal rule.
- There is a Chaos Boon table, which I believe has been discussed before. When an IC defeats an enemy IC in challenge, they can choose to roll on the table. Looks to be 2D6 (maybe even 3D6) and that IC recieves a boon for the rest of the game. Image of this table is too small to make out what each result is.
- New Maulers (CC varient oblits)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Cant think of too many situations where i would shoot oblits as assault cannons. but nice to have the option. always wondered why they didn't get missiles. but i can see even fewer situations where i would fire that vs the energy weapons.

Asking for flak on oblits would probably be too much. The rumor that has been going around is that flak *replaces* frag and krak missiles with a Str7 Ap4 missile profile. I think that ground based AA is always going to be a tradeoff situation going forward.

Honestly i think people are hanging their hat on flak missiles too much. Remember that weapons with skyfire can only snapshot at non-flyers unless they also have the interceptor rule. so.. are you really going to pay 135+ points for 5 dudes with 4 (st7) missile launchers that are only useful vs flyers? Quad gun starts looking like a steal of a deal rather quickly.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next