Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos tidbits

+10
Planes
gluvzer
Aegwymourn
Roland
Timbo
Rhaevyn
Paz
Lore Weaver
Lord_Commander_Stash
System Commander
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chaos tidbits Empty Chaos tidbits

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:05 am

Supposedly the preorder for the chaos book is starting on the 22nd. Not far away!

How theyve managed to keep a cap on pictures is damn surprisimg.. Especially with so many mins being released for it.

Helldrake is supposedly the name for thw dragon.. Im excited to pick one up. Rumours are pointing.to alot more leaked rules/pics coming up this week towards games day UK where they believe a big launch will be made.

Oh please hurry.. I think i die a little inside each time i play the grey knights.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Chaos tidbits Empty Re: Chaos tidbits

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 am

System Commander wrote:Supposedly the preorder for the chaos book is starting on the 22nd. Not far away!

How theyve managed to keep a cap on pictures is damn surprisimg.. Especially with so many mins being released for it.

Helldrake is supposedly the name for thw dragon.. Im excited to pick one up. Rumours are pointing.to alot more leaked rules/pics coming up this week towards games day UK where they believe a big launch will be made.

Oh please hurry.. I think i die a little inside each time i play the grey knights.. Smile

pfff...Grey Knights

Those asswipes can eat the Dog Dick of Nurgle!
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 am

Soo, Pre-Order this week, release in... 2-3 weeks?

I am definetly Excited. I want to hear about World Eaters and Iron Warriors

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:58 am

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2012/09/images-from-oct-white-dwarf-helldrake.html?m=1

Pictures starting to pop up. The uh.. Dragon looks like.. Ugh? I cant tell if its a mechanical creature or piloted? The forgefiends look better in my opinion.. The mauler ones look odd. Warp talons look good but nithing special.. Like chaosy jum troops. Not spectacular.

The new minis are pretty blech so far. Im hoping the dragon can be created to look more "jet like" I wouldnt mind a dragon head on it or something.. But wings, head, arms, legs everything.. Seems odd. I know they arercreating chaos bu.. Well ill have to wait and see.

Last edited by System Commander on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:00 am

Forgefiend looks cool... and probably good too.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 am

Well.. The forgefiends are supposed to have two butcher cannons.. So 8 str 8 shots. Im assuming at bs 3 becasue its a daemon engine.

How does tgat work out statwise compared.to a psyflemen dread?

I guess its a more chaotic chiice though.. So fitting. Maybe youll get lucky and do 7 hits.. Or maybe youll crap out an do 1.

If they do have two butchercannons though.. I might want a pair!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 am

I.. I couldn't be more disappointed. utter trash. this is upsetting.

It looks like they tried to combine a bunch of privateer press jacks and beasts into one. Big arms, big heads, tiny legs, and repetitive silly armor.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 am

I hate that look. The big hunched back, tiny legs.. It is damn ugly.

I keep thinking the more i look at the dragon the more ill like it.. ... Not working.

Im hoping some better pictures show up. I remember really disliking the dreadknight at first but it grew on me
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 am

they are trying to seperate CSM from regular marines.

I applaud the attempt. the idea of "spikey" marines gets old after a while.

the Fiends seem too... bulky? and unecessary, really. It competes with a defiler in the heavy support role and fills the same niches.

i think the dragon would have done better with a brighter paint job. nothing screams chaos like Khorne red.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 am

not sure why they felt the need to change the name of Raptors. i have about 30 of the old metal raptors with the "pipe" wings i was hoping to get some use out of =x
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 am

From what i can tell.. Theee are still regular raptors.. These are just the new "upgraded" ones where everyone has powerclaws.. Something like that.. ?

I dont mind a design change at all.. I was really sort of hoping for a hell talon like flyer with just a dragon head or somethng.. This really looks like a self contaoned daemon engine. I could even get on board for that np but the model seems so goofy.

It might look better in person though. Its probably quite big.. so that'll help out alot seeing it in scale against other flyers.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm

what i find a little bit scarey is that the only book mentioned on the cover of the WD is the horus heresy.

no mention of a new CSM dex,
no pics,
nothing.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Yeah.. I hear you. Its a cause for concern all right. Just says new units.. hurm..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:34 pm

I concur, these look like crap. If I wanted to play Warmachine I'd play Warmachine. Ugh.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:06 pm

The flyer is kinda neat....

Um.. wha?

huh?

derp.

There better be a back page saying NEXT MONTH: CODEX CHAOS SPACE MARINES

Releasing cultist with NO RULES for 2+ months? ummm hellllloooooooooooooo
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Im actually a big fan of spikey marines.

Not too big on daemon engines and all that jazz. I prefer an army of angry looking marines with big guns and chainsaw weaponry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:46 pm

i believe thats black templars, no? Evil or Very Mad
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I dont know if i like the new pictures of Chaos models. I really liked the chosen from the box set and the hellbrute seemed fairly good. I dont want them to change the feel of the army to much since in my mind everything is supposed to be corrupted imperial technology. in this way there should be bits and pieces that look kinda familiar but in a horrible and mutated way that makes it appear terrible. if it switches to just alien like tyranids or eldar or tau then i think it doesnt look like chaos it just looks different. if that makes sense.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I do have to say that if i continue with CSM, i'm going to have to change my playstyle. Random tables, high volume low BS shooting and close combat do not exactly jive with what i've been playing for the last year or so.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:i believe thats black templars, no? Evil or Very Mad

anger management not emo spikeyness get it right Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 pm

via the Faeit 212 inbox
Thousand Sounds full squad is 20 Marines or 10 for half. 150 points gets you 4 sons and a Sorcerer. add more sons for 23 each. Sorcerer can take the boon of mutation ability (the one that gives him an extra roll on the chart at the beginning) for 10 points. he can also have meltabombs for 5 points, and you can buy an icon of flame for 15

230 Arhiman
240 for squad
although a level 3 sorcer is only 140, with mark of tzeentch he is 155

Raptors are 95 for 5, and 17 points for up to 10 more
same upgrades as before

WARP TALONS, are the new raptor. They are 160 for 5 and 30 each for up to 5 more. They all have twin lightning claws. and they have an attack on the turn they deep strike.
its not an assault on arrival. its an attack that makes everyone within 6" of the unit blinded. so if you thread the needle, they won't be shot up

Defiler is 195 now, with all the normal options.
demonforge, the ability you're thinking of, is a once per game re-roll to damage

Forgefiends are 175, they have TWO Hades Autocannons. A Hades Autocannon is 48", Heavy 4, Str 8 AP 4... pinning they are only bs 3, so it's about the same. and once per game it can reroll to-wound and to-pen you can, however, swap those weapons out for Ectoplasm cannons. which are str 8 plasma cannons. and for 200 you get THREE of them. so that's some ap 2 love
3 HP, 12/12/10 armor

Dragon 170, they have 1 hades auto cannon
3 HP, 12/12/10
they can make a melee attack against other fliers
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Wait a minute, Defilers got more expensive? They weren't good before and walkers got a huge nerf. I don't understand? scratch

And shall we compare a "dragon" to a vendetta? How's it stacking up for 40 more points?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Well.. The defiler has 4 hull points and in the new chaos book i do beleieve he gets the daemon rule (5+ invul) and thw It will not die rule. I think thats the case.

Thats why the fiends are a bit up.

It seems thw dragon is points balanced. The rumour ryan posted had the one gun.. But other rumours pointed to two.. Just kike the forgefiends. 2 hades cannons so 8 str 8 shots but at bs 4 against ground units. As well, it can vectoe atrike other flyers.at str 10.. So it could easily take out 2 flyers a turn od a vehicle and a flyer.

Seems good pointswise to me?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:08 pm

I guess you could make a case if it had a second gun. Str9 AP2 versus Str8 AP4 is a quantum leap better for killing vehicles. Vendetta is twin-linked (does the Dragon get twin-linked for one shot per game or something?) also. Oh, and the Vendetta can carry a scoring unit of 10 meltabomb carrying dudes. Don't get me wrong, I know the Venedetta is undercosted but the Dragon seems really dear. What if your opponent is not fielding a flier? Then the Dragon's melee attack is wasted points. Bah, overcosted + ugly model = none of Tim's somolians.

And as long as I'm ranting, what's the deal with those lightning claw guys? Nobody uses units with 3+ saves that cost 30+ points per guy and don't score. I mean, that's ridiculous. I sure hope this codex isn't an overreaction to Grey Knights and they make everything overcosted and crappy. Maybe cultists will be good (crosses fingers).
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Rumour is cultists will be 3 points per dude, flamer is free, heavy stubber is 5pts... I had a post here, I'll edit in the image.

Chaos tidbits CSM-Cultist-Entry
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next