Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recomendations?

5 posters

Go down

recomendations? Empty recomendations?

Post  jhare Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi, looking into buying some bits online. Anyone have a favorite source to deal with? I've looked at a few places on line but wanted to know if anyone could recomend any of them from use?

Also, and this is a bit of a different question, has anyone tried out Wolf Guard with jump packs? I noticed this was an option for them but haven't heard anyone suggest taking this option. Any thoughts from SW player? I was given a unit of Sanguary Guard and was thinking about converting them over to SW Wolf Guard or maybe just using them as alies. Thoughts?

Thanks,

J
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

recomendations? Empty Re: recomendations?

Post  gluvzer Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:51 pm

I've always had good service from the Warstore.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Warstore/Battlewagon Bits. You'll pay thru the nose on shipping tho. Some of us usually pool to keep costs down. (Aren't you in Ottawa? If you plan on making multiple purchases over a decent period of time, a US PO box is cheap and will cut your shipping to nil. One order would pay for the box.)

http://hoardobits.com/ has been recommended, but they are a bit wonky in their ordering system.

Anything particular you're looking for?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 pm

If you put some time into it. You can sometimes get what you want from horde o bits on ebay for much cheaper than most sites. Granted you have to camp the auctions. But they will combine shipments as well. i built three rhinos and two daemon princes out of bits for about $50 inc freight. Thank bob for bhaal predator chassis bits :-)
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:21 pm

I have seen that option for the wolf guard as well but have never tried it cause I the points are to high, I'd rather field a squad of skyclaws with a battle leader, you get just about all the same states but more attacks in the assault, and its would be cheaper in the end I think
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  jhare Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks for the replys. K will look at those vendors. What I'm looking for is a few more bits to finish off my wolf guard terminators. Also thanks for the advice on the WG with jump packs. Didn't think this would be especially effective for the points so will keep them as allies instead.

J
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum