Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW FAQ's AVAILABLE

+13
Commander James of the Ul
judchic
Planes
miv305
Lord_Commander_Stash
Aegwymourn
gluvzer
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
Roland
System Commander
Spamus Eatus
Lore Weaver
17 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NEW FAQ's AVAILABLE - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW FAQ's AVAILABLE

Post  gluvzer Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Av 12.
4 twin linked lascannons.
Troop capacity.
Outflanking/scout.
130 points.

Win.

Close.

3 twin linked lascannons

Still win.

Mark, yes you can take them is squadrons of 3.

Last edited by gluvzer on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I would prefer a vendetta over a night scyth. The fact that it can stop moving is cool, and AV 12/12/10 is nicer than 11/11/11 in my book. Also, I'll take 3 twin linked Lazcannons over a twin linked tesla destructor.

As for heavy slots, I've mused building a guard army (if there ever comes a Vostroyan battle Box I probably will) and I feel taht Leman Russ'es dont really match up to Manticores, Death Strikes, Hydras, or Basilisks.

They are 150 Base plus upgrade on main gun, plus sponsons, plus maybe lascannon swap out, other artillery is cheaper, higher STR, and barrage, and Hydras and just cool.

Leman's I feel are just a tad bit too costly for what they do. BUT they do not stand alone in that feild. MANY units in 40k are either above or below the point curve by a significant degree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Im too lazy to unhijack this thread....

Actually with all the new flyers a battery of hydras would be the way to go. At almost a dollar a point though that is expensive.

I Just took a look at the Hydra...the FAQ screwed it up as well. Even though it has a special rule that affected bikes, it can only fire snap shots at ground targets because they forgot to give it the interceptor rule aswell.

Last edited by Lord_Commander_Stash on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:55 pm

You know your going to railed on now for making thw point/$ comparison.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:04 pm

System Commander wrote:You know your going to railed on now for making thw point/$ comparison.. Smile

lol whatever
Its a $150+ fill for a F.O. slot instead of a $50 one.

Actually I cant find the price online. I thought for sure GW made a hydra model....didnt they?
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm

@Stash - The FAQ didn't "screw-up" the Hydra, it balanced it. A 75 pt 12/10/10 tank with a Heavy Bolter and 2 TL-Autocannons with special rules that negate jink saves, etc, that can also be fielded in squadrons was over the top.

Take off your "I hatez G-dubya" cap and at least try to look at things objectively...
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:11 pm

miv305 wrote:@Stash - The FAQ didn't "screw-up" the Hydra, it balanced it. A 75 pt 12/10/10 tank with a Heavy Bolter and 2 TL-Autocannons with special rules that negate jink saves, etc, that can also be fielded in squadrons was over the top.

Take off your "I hatez G-dubya" cap and at least try to look at things objectively...

You are rolling the dice taking one. You play against someone without a flyer and you have dead points in your list. And it isnt way over the top. 150 points for 4 twin linked autocannons. Its actually less effective than a vendetta against flyers.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:21 pm

And that's just it Stash. A roll of the dice for 75 points. It's still twin linked I guess and has the HB. I won't be taking any, but it is at least balanced. 75pts for it with skyfire and interceptor would be way over the top. Almost as good as a vendetta for value/points. Cool

ps. instead of complaining all the time, play some games. You might find things have changed a lot since 3rd and 4th edition. I'm glad you're posting again and it was a good surprise to see you at the Den the other day, but like Mike said drop the G-dub hate-on and try some games.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:45 pm

gluvzer wrote:And that's just it Stash. A roll of the dice for 75 points. It's still twin linked I guess and has the HB. I won't be taking any, but it is at least balanced. 75pts for it with skyfire and interceptor would be way over the top. Almost as good as a vendetta for value/points. Cool

ps. instead of complaining all the time, play some games. You might find things have changed a lot since 3rd and 4th edition. I'm glad you're posting again and it was a good surprise to see you at the Den the other day, but like Mike said drop the G-dub hate-on and try some games.

I intend to play some games, just busy tues-thurs evenings.
Well my main point is something I have seen kill games:
GW is constantly changing things to get people to buy more stuff. Making new broken(er) army books, and changing the main rules to makes good things bad and bad things good (for the most part anyway). Doing all this they are only giving half fast updates to the rules so things slip through the cracks. Things dont work as intended, making them bad, goofy or over powered.

Right now it seems everyone is tolerating the changes, but GWs swings are getting more and more aggressive. In the end we can see a majority of players get fed up with it. This has been seen in many games, especially those online.

For example if I didnt have an event that I had obligations to go to get moved onto the toon con 40k, I would have been playing practice games with my tourney army only to have to change it when 1.1 came out. Think how mad any of you would be to have something like that happen on a whim?

Last edited by Lord_Commander_Stash on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Av 12.
4 twin linked lascannons.
Troop capacity.
Outflanking/scout.
130 points.

Win.

my squirtle beats your charmander? Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Lord_Commander_Stash wrote:
gluvzer wrote:And that's just it Stash. A roll of the dice for 75 points. It's still twin linked I guess and has the HB. I won't be taking any, but it is at least balanced. 75pts for it with skyfire and interceptor would be way over the top. Almost as good as a vendetta for value/points. Cool

I intend to play some games, just busy tues-thurs evenings.
Well my main point is something I have seen kill games:
GW is constantly changing things to get people to buy more stuff. Making new broken(er) army books, and changing the main rules to makes good things bad and bad things good (for the most part anyway). Doing all this they are only giving half fast updates to the rules so things slip through the cracks. Things dont work as intended, making them bad, goofy or over powered.

Right now it seems everyone is tolerating the changes, but GWs swings are getting more and more aggressive. In the end we can see a majority of players get fed up with it. This has been seen in many games, especially those online.

For example if I didnt have an event that I had obligations to go to get moved onto the toon con 40k, I would have been playing practice games with my tourney army only to have to change it when 1.1 came out. Think how mad any of you would be to have something like that happen on a whim?

lol, at more agressive. you mean like from 2nd to 3rd edition where everything just had the stats in the BRB and they said "oh all those codicies you have are trash now". I agreed that maybe you had a couple of points about the demolisher but GW will make decisions to make money on models. They have time and again they are a model company first and a gaming company second. To believe anything else is silly.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Lol! Have your fun with flyers now! And GW can get their $$ from the sales of flyers off th hop. I'm sure as the 6th codex's come out things will swing back. (Anyone else read the rumours for the SM Whirlwind fro thier 6th ed. codex?)
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm keeping my Whirlwind just in case. And hey, blasts/ordnance got a nice boost now that they can snipe models out of units. Just like real life it represents the pinpoint accuracy of explosions!
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Timbo wrote:I'm keeping my Whirlwind just in case. And hey, blasts/ordnance got a nice boost now that they can snipe models out of units. Just like real life it represents the pinpoint accuracy of explosions!

Boom goes the dynamite.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Timbo wrote:I'm keeping my Whirlwind just in case. And hey, blasts/ordnance got a nice boost now that they can snipe models out of units. Just like real life it represents the pinpoint accuracy of explosions!

Just barrage weapons. blasts still use standard front to back.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Oh man.. Everytime i think of that boom goes the dynamite vid i giggle my ass off.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 pm

flak missiles, 3 weeks away.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm

System Commander wrote:Oh man.. Everytime i think of that boom goes the dynamite vid i giggle my ass off.

link?
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Lord_Commander_Stash wrote:
System Commander wrote:Oh man.. Everytime i think of that boom goes the dynamite vid i giggle my ass off.

link?
Boom Goes the Dynamite
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I like the one with the Muppets better, but still well-played sir.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Timbo wrote:I like the one with the Muppets better, but still well-played sir.

Teasing Stash... it's like life just has a little bit more meaning. I just wasn't "whole" before.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Lord_Commander_Stash wrote: Think how mad any of you would be to have something like that happen on a whim?

You honestly think GW marketing is "on a whim"? Good grief man. You know better than that. They are in the business of selling models. If people already have all the good models then no sales. Therefore make everything that sucked before good and vice versa. Also create a new unit type that will completely dominate the game (fliers) until the armies eventually get countermeasures in their new codexes. It's pure, predictable marketing gold.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Timbo wrote:
Lord_Commander_Stash wrote: Think how mad any of you would be to have something like that happen on a whim?

You honestly think GW marketing is "on a whim"? Good grief man. You know better than that. They are in the business of selling models. If people already have all the good models then no sales. Therefore make everything that sucked before good and vice versa. Also create a new unit type that will completely dominate the game (fliers) until the armies eventually get countermeasures in their new codexes. It's pure, predictable marketing gold.

No not the marketing the FAQ. The FAQ is secondary to GW obviously

Last edited by Lord_Commander_Stash on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Getting a little back on track, two changes in the Eldar Faq that made me happy.

One Fuegan's axe is ap 2 and not unweildly Very Happy

Two Swooping hawks interceptor rule means any vehicle in assault vs them counts as ws 0 regardless of how far it moved (except for walkers of course). But basically swooping hawks are now the most reliable vehicle wrecking crew in assault! (haywire grenades glance on a 2+).
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 am

Yup, well worth the 21 points a model. Toughness 3, amazing armour, a sweet shooting attack. Sigh...
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next