Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules you may have missed

+8
Matthew G
System Commander
gluvzer
Planes
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
Deadlytoaster
Lore Weaver
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rules you may have missed Empty Rules you may have missed

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:15 am

Add any in as you find them :-)

Just saw this in the rulebook today, didn't notice it before.

Monsterous Creatures have the Hammer of Wrath special rule, so the turn they charge, the get a S(user) AP- hit at I10.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Rules you may have missed Empty Re: Rules you may have missed

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah i know hey! makes me stoked to have a wraithlord or two (or maybe 3 or 4 hey what can i say i love these guys!)

other wise i just need to play more 6th and see what comes up!
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:31 am

Hammer of Wrath clarification for jump infantry:

couple people have misread this this one; you only get to do a hammer of wrath on jump infantry if they use their jump packs in the assault phase, not the movement phase. so if you do a 12" move with them, you don't get your HOW attack.

oh, and denial units for contesting objectives:
  • vehicles cannot contest objectives.
  • units inside a transport cannot contest objectives.
  • a unit occupying a building cannot contest an objective.
  • anything with the swarms rule cannot contest objectives.
  • units falling back cannot contest objectives.
  • anything with a special rule that states it can never contest an objective.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:44 am

Just realized something else.

For mysterious objectives, you need to be a scoring unit to benefit (from the good ones). For example, a unit of Sternguard within 3" of a targetting relay would *NOT* get the re-roll to-hit rolls of 1, but a unit of Tactical Marines or Scouts, would.

A unit of Havocs or Devestators at a Skyfire nexus would not get the Skyfire rule, but a combat squad with a Lascannon-Plasma Gun would.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:36 pm

A unit of Havocs or Devestators at a Skyfire nexus would not get the Skyfire rule, but a combat squad with a Lascannon-Plasma Gun would.

Been thinking of playing "counts as" black templars. they can still do 5 man heavy/special squads for cheap. 101 points for 5 scoring dudes /w las/plas and 3 bolters.
Righteous Zeal not so bad as you could still snapfire the lascannon if you roll badly.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:05 pm

And careful movement gives you a chance to rapidly advance on objectives via the Zeal, too.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Rules you may have missed Empty Look Out, Sir! Rolls

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Look Out, Sir! rolls:

cause some people are worried about the occasions where there's up to 75 wounds to roll for against characters, this is how it breaks down.

if he's a character, this roll is a 4+. if he's an Independent Character, its a 2+. every dice he fails, is a wound he has to roll and take himself. every dice that is passed, is a wound that can be taken by a different dude. so you can batch roll all the wounds right away to figure out how many LO,S rolls will be made.

if they're a group of characters; you do the same thing. this does not change just because they're all characters; you can only do ONE LO,S trade off of a wound. remember that; only once; you cant have a group of 5 characters dodging in front of each other to take the wounds and doing 5 LO,S attempts on one wound and have it bleed back to the guy in the back. it's either the original guy, or a guy beside him that's taking the wound.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Rules you may have missed Empty Changes to Falling back

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:35 pm

when you're squad it falling back, its not defenseless; units that are making a fallback move can still shoot their guns, do overwatch attacks, and psychic shooting attacks; it's done as a snapfire attack.

if you want to regroup, so long as you have 25% of the squads original models, you can regroup on a normal Leadership test. if there's less than that, you need double 1's. if you pass, you can regroup 3", but can't move, run, or assault that turn; regrouping is hard work man. they can shoot however, but it'll be using snap fire shots and they'll be treated as having moved.

note: if you're falling back and your opponent assaults you; you have to make a normal regroup leadership test. if you pass, you auto regroup and the assault happens as normal. if you fail the test, then your squad is automatically destroyed before you opponent bothers to roll his charge distance.

also note; you cant be chased off the board anymore; you just make your normal leadership test with the pre-mentioned conditions to see if you regroup. so even if your opponent chases you with a rhino or speeder, you can still take the leadership test, pass it, and then turn and snap fire at him.

models/squads with the and they shall know no fear rule don't have to make a regroup test; the owning players upcoming movement phase has them auto regroup 3", then they can make a normal move, shoot, assault phase as normal like nothing happened.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 am

Heres one i read but its worth noting as i barely remembered it.

A unit that is below 25% and is falling back that contains atleast one independant character can attempt to rally using full LD, not just double 1's.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Deadlytoaster wrote:Heres one i read but its worth noting as i barely remembered it.

A unit that is below 25% and is falling back that contains atleast one independant character can attempt to rally using full LD, not just double 1's.

Thats pretty big for Orks. No more having a Warboss running off the table cuz his squad failed LD

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:19 pm

or for Tau commanders, or for DE Archons, or for Necron Lords, or for etc.. etc.. etc..
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:58 pm

The leader in a squad is a big one. And if i remember.. It was jammed into a paragraph in the morale section. I read it and thought it was a pretty big deal.

They should really inckude a whats changed from last edition summary.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

I think theres too much thats changed from last edition to do a summary which is why i think they didnt. And the part about IC's is under the special rules section in this tiny little box lol
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:50 am

Was talking to a friend about falling back. And though its harder to escourt a unit off the table, it is still not impossible.
A.unit that its falling back and is forced to take another moral check, it will automatically fail. Makes for an opportunity to perform repeated tank shocks on a unit.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:41 am

Matthew G wrote:Was talking to a friend about falling back. And though its harder to escourt a unit off the table, it is still not impossible.
A.unit that its falling back and is forced to take another moral check, it will automatically fail. Makes for an opportunity to perform repeated tank shocks on a unit.

Good Catch.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:16 am

Oh.. That is a good catch. So a unit falling takng 25% casualties fails again.

But.. I guess the problem is still there. You shoot or shock a unit.. They fail and fall back. In there turn.. They regroup.
Still cant run marines off the table.. Which is so much fun to do.

Still useful to know against alot of armies though.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 am

If a unit is running after a lost assault, you can shock them in your movement phase
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:31 am

Ahh yes.. If they break in their assault phase .. You can usher em off.

Good point.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Rules you may have missed Empty Disembarking Rhinos

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 pm

You cannot assault during your next assault phase if you disembark.... or are forcebly disembarked... from a non-assault vehicle.

SO...not only can you not get out, move... and assault. but you can also not assault if your Ride gets BLOWN UP during your opponent's turn.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:You cannot assault during your next assault phase if you disembark.... or are forcebly disembarked... from a non-assault vehicle.

SO...not only can you not get out, move... and assault. but you can also not assault if your Ride gets BLOWN UP during your opponent's turn.

Unless your in an assault vehicle/open topped transport

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Appears to be so. pg 33.
Passengers disembarking from Access
Points on a vehicle with this special rule
can charge on the turn they do so, even
on a turn that the vehicle was destroyed.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:You cannot assault during your next assault phase if you disembark.... or are forcebly disembarked... from a non-assault vehicle.

I must have missed this. is there a page number saying you cannot assault if you are forcebly disembarked? The only mention I saw of it was that you couldnt assault in the following assault phase. Which i thought would techincally be your opponents. I hope you are right since it seems silly that you would drive foward as fast as possible and hope to get shot. lol!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:42 pm

I am not sure about page reference, but I believe that it comes from the specification of "YOUR next assault phase" over "THE next assault phase"

Since YOUR next assault phase is during YOUR next turn, you would have to sit there trying to escape the wreckage/crater, but be unable to assault.

This is making me want to move more and more towards Orks for 6th ed. I am rather enjoying all my games with my Shooting Ork Army, MORE DAKKA ALWAYS WORKS (Snapfire Assault 3,,, ok 1/2 a hit instead of 1), and Battlewagons are Hilarious!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 pm

I wish I had time for a game sometime in the next week or so. Have only played against orcs once!

I had always thought it would be silly to hope that your transports would get killed but maybe I misread the rule for them. At work now so can't check.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 pm

For our inevitable re-match Tom, I can bring my Orks :-) Your Tau army would probably squash them! *laughs*
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next