Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non-Battle Brother Allies

4 posters

Go down

Non-Battle Brother Allies Empty Non-Battle Brother Allies

Post  Planes Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:51 am

I have been pondering some things with Allies, and more and more I have realized that there are many things that one should keep in mind should you run allies who aren't buddy-buddy with your army. Some of these are generic, some of these are army specific. That being said, I'm sure that after I toss some of these out there, others will start cropping up for other armies, too. If anyone else has some that they've come across, toss them in here too.

Infiltrate:

This rule specifies that if you deploy via Infiltration, you must be at least 18" away if enemies can see you, or at least 12" away if they do not have Line of Sight. Allies count towards this.

Imotekh:

Non-Battle Brother Allies are Enemies that you can not Shoot, Assault, or target with Psychic Powers. The Storm Lord cares not for any of this, as his lightning is none of the above.

Writhing Worldscape:

The terrain "down grade" applies to your allies as well.

Orikan:

Temporal Snares gum up your allies as well.

Purifiers:

Cleansing Flame will try to wound Non-Battle Brothers.

Rad Grenades:

As currently worded, if they charged into a Non-Battle Brother tar pit to clean up, they would hit your allies. Same goes for if they and an allied squad got hit in a multi-assault.

Mindshackle Scarabs:

If your ally is in base contact with your Scarab carrier, he may well turn on you, as aptly put in the rules wording "the victim strikes out at his allies".

Ether Crystal:

Smacks allies hard if their Deep Strike scatters too close to the Cryptek. Lightning field's wording is somewhat vague, but it could plausibly go off in a multi-assault, or supporting assault.

Black Templar's Zeal:

The successful Leadership test causes the squad to move d6 inches towards the closest enemy. With strategic deployment, you can actually use this to try to milk some free directed movement by having an allied unit half an inch closer than your opponent.

Callidus Assassin:

Polymorphine, being not an attack, shot, or psychic power, could deep strike the assassin next to an allied unit.

Servo Skulls:

Allies step on them.

Warp Quake:

Buggers allied Deep Strikes in it's effect.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Non-Battle Brother Allies Empty Re: Non-Battle Brother Allies

Post  Planes Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:25 am

Time's Arrow:

While unlikely to happen, in an assault in which the C'Tan only has base contact with allies, he will try to eat an ally.

Sentient Singularity:

This will muck with allied vehicle and deep strikes.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 am

Taking allies that are non-BB seems to be a bit sketchy anyways as if they are to close they may end up not doing anything on a roll of a 6 as they are to busy watching them and then you can not use your one unit. I do not think I will play a list with allies that are not battle brothers, that is my opinion.
People argue that allies is a broken rule and many people complain about it. I am still not sure why there are complaints about it. Allies rule is not that new, they just gathered all the rules from before anyways.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 am

I think Tom's referring to the non-friendly non-enemy types that just... hangout. Not the despised, but can still work together guys.

They're basically enemies that you control, which makes sense.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 am

There are three different tiers of allies, Battle Brothers only being one of them. Allies of Convenience and Allies of Desperation are both enemies under your control (and Necrons have no Battle Brothers, unless Forge World decides to make stuff for a particular Dynasty/Tomb World). Orkz, I believe, are in a similar position.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 am

You know what goes good with 'Crons, A warboss and Nobz in a Battlewagon. :-) 500points o_O but it's scoring and has a dude with 6 S10 AP2 WS6 attacks on the charge and T5 with FNP...
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:22 pm

On one of the ally levels, don't the allies count as non scoring? Desperation maybe?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Roland wrote:On one of the ally levels, don't the allies count as non scoring? Desperation maybe?

Ya, desperate only.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Desperate are non-scoring, non-denial; plus the have the 1 in 6 chance of army lock. So, if you're bringing Desperate Allies, they had best be something like Guard or Tau who can sit on your back line and provide fire support, as they aren't going to be good for much else.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down