Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disembarking Rhinos

+3
Lore Weaver
gluvzer
Rhaevyn
7 posters

Go down

Disembarking Rhinos Empty Disembarking Rhinos

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Huge changes here.

not being able to Drive up, blow smoke, weather the storm of firepower, and then next turn disembark 8 inches then charge is going to throw a lot of armies for a loop.
I guess it will make jump troops and bikes more attractive now. and Armies that get "assault" vehicles.

Why pay for expensive equipment when your 35 point barbie car will get you there fine and dandy eh? not anymore

only thing i can think of is that you go flat out 18 inches Backwards!.... an then hope like hell that your opponent kills your rhino on their turn so that your boys are outside and ready to assault when the time comes.

OR rushing up 12, getting out, then moving the rhino in front of my dudes to block LOS.

dunno, just seems like tactical marines in rhinos just dont have a "raison de' etre" anymore. I'm more likely to leave marines on foot, make the squad 3-4 dudes larger and run them instead of paying for a rhino. accomplishes the same thing and they arnt hampered by disembarking rules.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Disembarking Rhinos Empty Re: Disembarking Rhinos

Post  gluvzer Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:
only thing i can think of is that you go flat out 18 inches Backwards!.... an then hope like hell that your opponent kills your rhino on their turn so that your boys are outside and ready to assault when the time comes.

OR rushing up 12, getting out, then moving the rhino in front of my dudes to block LOS.

The changes definitely are big. I'm still going to give rhino's a shot and see how they go. I don't think you are able to do either of the things mentioned above. I for sure remember reading that you can't move a vehicle, disembark unit, then move again. You could get out on the other side of it though and have it sitting between you and target.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Isn't the trick popping your dudes out and double-tapping plasma?

Also, you can have two combat squads in a rhino, you could get 5 dudes out and leave 2 melta guns in the rhino and have them shoot from fire points or something?

But ya... they seem to have really gone after "surprise assaults" with no assaulting from reserves or assaulting after disembark (and you can't disembark from an assault vehicle that moved more than 6"?)

Best you can do, Ork Trukk with it's 3 beefy hull points, Move 6", Disembark 6" (not 8 anymore) and assault 2D6", maybe with the help of a Waaagh.

(or substitute Landraiders and assault termies)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Speaking of Waaagh!, how hard does the new Fleet rule impact that?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:59 pm

And no more Scouting assaults to boot! LSS's are now useless (imo)
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Planes wrote:Speaking of Waaagh!, how hard does the new Fleet rule impact that?

It's pretty cool actually, fleet lets you re-roll one or both of the dice. However, you take a wound on the unit (with an armour save?) for each "1" you roll on either the roll, or re-roll.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 pm

gluvzer wrote:And no more Scouting assaults to boot! LSS's are now useless (imo)

I agree.

Also, more to Mikes point, It looks like you can use your Rhino as terrain, sorta. As you can disembark, then move 6". Or you can move 6" then disembark 6" from an access point.

--

The Disembarkation rules are actually really good for 'Crons with the Night Scythe and extended radius from the Monolith. Also, the silly 5 warriors, 2 lords and an overlord in a Ghost Ark is now a bit more silly, as you can get off a turn 2 assault. With the "apparently not broken 2000pt army" you can have 4 lords, 5 warriors, and an Overlord in there. That unit eats anything in the game of 40k and always assaults on turn two. (Ghost ark moves 12", goes flat out (earns a 4+ save on top of it's AV13), next turn moves six, disembarks 6, assaults 2D6. Chuck Anrakyr in there for 5 S8 Warscythes
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Fleet is still good. Its not such a huge difference between units with it and without, but your units with fleet are going to charge 7+ inches much more reliably than those without it.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:36 am

Wow. By the sounds of things im gona be takeing all the advice from SM players i can get. Cuz well now that i can toss in alies im defently takeing a few SM units. And by the way whats the book say aboout alies and dedicaded transports cuz i was thinking about replaceing my chimaras with better armord rinos.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:01 am

Sad

Dom:

1) You can't embark into an allied transport, even w/ Battle Brothers.

2) Rhino are AV 11/11/10 with 2 fire points. A Chimera is what, 12/12/10 with 6 FP?

Take some SM allies, by all means, but please read the new rules. There are a lot more "Layers" to it now. (revised wound allocation, overwatch, snapshots, hull points...)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:32 am

To I still think they're going to be alot more useful then the 4th edition rhinos.. Smile

Im going to be using 3 rhinos and a landraider, 2 monstrous flyers with about 3 units of daemons for support. Im going tobstatt with no guns at all and see how it works.. My guess badly BUT i should be able to work out thebassault bug fairly quickly to see what works and doesnt work.

Then.. When the chaos legion book drops and berserkers get rage again.. I wont need so many.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 am

Roland wrote: Sad

A Chimera is what, 12/12/10 with 6 FP?

12/10/10 with 5 FP

Dom, Chimera's are better than rhino's

Robyn, what's the point's for that list? I had difficulty making a 1500 point SM list last night with all the stuff that I think got realy good. (it just wouldn't work). Combat tactics is now the best special rule evar!
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:42 am

Ryan, thanks. I can never remember SA on Guard vehicles for some reason.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:54 am

Its more or less right around 2000. I can trim it back 250 by dropping a berserker squad.. And down to 1500 by scarppng some bloodletters.

But thats pretty much what i described with 2 units of 10 bloodletters and a unit of 3 bloodcrushers.. A dp with wings and a bloodthisters.

Some stuff will make across the field.. Im just not sure how those combats will play out once i get there.. Smile

It will be really hard making 1500 point lists though with ally options.. Really hard.

I was aleeady looking at chaos' other allies.. Nacrons and orks.. And i have to stop doing that. Focus on daemons and maybe huard for now.. No.. Stop it. Just daemons..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:19 am

Lot of nifty stuff for daemon allies.

And given that reserves Start at 3+ now, I'm including a few in most of my lists at the moment. Khornate and Tzneech Heralds on chariots seem just too useful to pass up.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 am

Rhaevyn wrote:Lot of nifty stuff for daemon allies.

And given that reserves Start at 3+ now, I'm including a few in most of my lists at the moment. Khornate and Tzneech Heralds on chariots seem just too useful to pass up.

Not "chariots", just chariots. :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:28 am

System Commander wrote:
It will be really hard making 1500 point lists though with ally options.. Really hard.

Agreed. I managed to do a SM with Guard last night that I wouldn't mind trying out. It had a Captain on a bike, termies, landraider, tactical squad, sniper scouts, vanguard vets; and primaris psyker, vet squad, vendetta for allies.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:36 am

One of us. One of us. One of us.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 am

Yeah.. The daemon chariots arent the same as the chariots in the book.. which is so dumb.. Not that they dont get the rules but of the working.. They should of named the brb unit something else.. Or maybe they have the intention of converting them all over.. ?

But yeah.. Cavalry rules for the good ones.. the khorne ones still just move like infantey.. Those darn slow juggies.
Those slaneesh ones are still awesome.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:46 am

I wonder if they simply wanted the Chariot rules out before the Legions Codex came out, less errata work that way.

Still, Force Field Chariot. =D
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down