Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

snap shots

4 posters

Go down

snap shots  Empty snap shots

Post  Matthew G Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 pm

So, can a model with a signium boost a model to BS 5 if it moved and snap shoot its heavy weapon?
No mention to this in the BRB or the FAQs.
What are your guys thoughts.?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

snap shots  Empty Re: snap shots

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:46 pm

i believe the wording of the rules is that "snap shots are resolved at BS1"

So even while the model may have a modified BS of 5 for all intents and purposes, the act of firing a snapshot triggers the wording of "resolved at BS1"

at least that would be my ruling if i were running a tourney and i would argue it all day long.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 pm

yeah thats how i would read it too, i dont think its that open to debate (so likely wouldnt come up at tourneys)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:46 pm

I would of liked the snapfiee thing to have been say.. -5 ballistic skill to a minimum of 1.

I think its a tad goofy that a vindicare has the same chance to shoot a flyer or chargers as an ork.. But i guess insort of see why they did it
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:i believe the wording of the rules is that "snap shots are resolved at BS1"

So even while the model may have a modified BS of 5 for all intents and purposes, the act of firing a snapshot triggers the wording of "resolved at BS1"

at least that would be my ruling if i were running a tourney and i would argue it all day long.
The rule states "If a model is forced to make Snap Shots rather than shoot normally, then its Ballistic Skill is counted as being 1 for the purpose of those shots."

This sounds exactly like a "set value modifier" to me, with the Signum being another "set value modifier."

In the case of two set value modifiers, roll off, as per the Necron FAQ about whip coils.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down