Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wraith-Tek

3 posters

Go down

Wraith-Tek Empty Wraith-Tek

Post  Planes Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:37 pm

While still part of my core army's painting style, I do believe this model has become more Green Stuff than Bits. I present to you my Harbinger of Eternity, Keeper of the Wraiths.

Pre-paint Green Stuff:

Wraith-Tek Etern_0_by_planes-d53de1r

Post painting:

Wraith-Tek Etern_1_by_planes-d53debu
Wraith-Tek Etern_2_by_planes-d53dehn
Wraith-Tek Etern_3_by_planes-d53dem7

I used a light dusting of Reaper Faded Purple and a coat of Shining Gold on the Chronometron to show off the "time magics". The out reached arm is one of the two right arms that comes in every Cryptek blister. The head, torso, and "tail" are all from the Warriors that come with the Ghost Ark. Thankfully, some of the Warrior bodies that come with the Ghost Ark are missing an arm, so I found one that was missing the right arm, snipped off the shoulder, and glued the Cryptek arm in, giving the appearance of one arm stretched out to mess with the fabric of space and time, and the othe held close to the chest, holding tight to it's Timesplinter Cloak. Once I started getting some green stuff in there, it was easy enough to use the "repair spine" as a Wraith style tail in place of legs.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Wraith-Tek Empty Re: Wraith-Tek

Post  System Commander Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm

I like what doing experimenting and practicing with green stuff and paint.. But the pure pure white is hurting a bit.with white.. You really need to start with a darker base.. And work up to a pure white highlight..

Without and wash or shading in the recesses.. It comes off really bizarre.. you can almoat get away with it on vehicles.. Bit definitwly not with a cloak. If you slap a wash of any colour into the recesses and then build back up to the white.. Youd really like it and its super simple
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:01 pm

I could try doing a wash of either Asurmen Blue or Baal Red, but I have found that the pot of Ceramite White I have loaths being used in any way other than pure. I've never been able to figure out how to thin it down, as it gets "chunky" on me when it gets wet, for a lack of better term.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:04 pm

IIRC, check the line. I believe there is a almost pure white "layer" color that SHOULD have less pigment, and therefore not be so "chunky" when you thin it down.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:07 pm

In that case, I should be able to snag that after my Play-off match on Thursday. This guy will simply be fielded as-is for that match.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 am

Checked, I believe the color is White Scar.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down