Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting tau...

3 posters

Go down

Starting tau... Empty Starting tau...

Post  Matthew G Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:57 am

Well maybe...

I have been looking over all the models and I have to say they look sweet, and I figure that if I stop buying things for my space marines, I can probably over the course of a few months, get a tau force built up for play in small armies.

I am basically looking for advice. I don't have the codex yet, but I am wondering what kind of tau force is the best to make? All armor, or a blend of kroot and tau (if that is even possible).

Also, How does the army hold up? I can only ever remember fighting a tau force once, and I walked over them - but that was early days of 4th ed, not 5th ed or recent days.

Any advice is welcome, as I would like honest advice before I pump a load of money into an army that doesn't hold up to the masses.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Starting tau... Empty Re: Starting tau...

Post  Guardian Angel Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:02 pm

These are all my observation about Tau in 4th Edition.

Hammerheads are powerful.

Crisis Suit are annoying....jump out from behind cover, shoot, and jump back behind cover.

Tau Infantry are squishy if you get into close combat with them, but their pulse rifles are very good.

Never played against Kroot.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:38 am

When i was finished reading the tau codex i was really excited to hear about all the massive squads of kroot you could put into an army. A good force i was fooling around with AB was a large selection of kroot squads including hounds and krootox. It would be supported by crisis suits and tanks. You are required to take a compulsory 1 fire warrior squad though. I have no idea if it would be successful but i so rarely see kroot i think it would be quite fun to play.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Starting tau... Empty it's done

Post  Matthew G Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:42 pm

So I am starting a tau army. Not sure how many points I am going to make it, but I just bought my 1st model today.
The model I bought was the XV8 crisis suit commander model.

I am thinking of modeling the tau after my blood angels, and going a deep blood red color scheme, but, That involves a sever lack of originality.

Opinions - Should I go a bright or dark color scheme?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 am

i personally like dark colours for armies. seems to fit into the whole dark universe for me. Unless of course you are doing a arctic camo or something like that. Although cams pink chaos look pretty badass and they are pretty bright. I guess it all comes down to how you feel the night you start painting. i want to change my colour scheme every other day. For tau though i think the colours i saw that i liked the most was a dark purple main colour with a black trim. up to you ultimately though.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down