Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th rumors

+8
Commander James of the Ul
Rhaevyn
Planes
dusktiger
Roland
ScottRadom
Spamus Eatus
System Commander
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

6th rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: 6th rumors

Post  System Commander Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:28 pm

I actually couldnt remember either.. I thought it might of been quit fuckng trolling... Hehe..

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm all down with changing things for monetary sake. they are a business and they need to make people with standing armies spend money on something.

I just wish they wouldn't change the rules so that major portions of the game rely on a single die roll. random charge length has to be the stupidest thing they've come up with in years. its a gigantic Nerf to any army focused on CC. Rolling a 2-5 on your charge roll can change the outcome of an entire battle. All to hit and would rolls are random, but at least you have many dice and can hope for an average. your only going to roll to charge a few times a game, however. and the difference between getting "stuck in" and standing there like a blathering idiot and getting shot in the face because of a dice roll is HUGE.

I like to play tactical games, where my positioning and choices matter. doesn't seem very tactical to just run your dudes forward and declare charges until you actually get there.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:10 pm

I like the allies and terrain choices. It adds something and looks like fun. It has the potential to get horribly broke but I think it'll come around.

It'd be nice if they had 2 levels of rules. For intance charge distance. "casual" play rolls random charge distance. "Tournament" rules use 7' (avg die roll) charge distance.

It wouldnt be that hard, and would simplify a lot, and there is a lot more you could do.

(WEG, who made the greatest game ever, the Star Wars RPG, had an issue where characters skill levels would get so high, like 12d+2, that it took forever to roll, especially with multiple actions. So they made it so for every 5 dice, you could subtract that and just take average. So 12d+2 became 2d+37. Made thinks go much faster. I wonder if this would work in 40K, The ork boys attack, roll for their 40 attacks that hit on 4+.... just roll 10 attacks and say 15 out of the remaining 30 hit and go from there?)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:22 pm

I think that solution, while elegant, would make the Ork players sad. I mean, what reason does on play Orks other than to bring as much plastic in their dice case as they have plastic in their army?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm

I totally get that, it's just when you have to break your assualt into thirds so you can manage the rolls.....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 pm

After a dozen or so games.. Itll seem like second nature.

With pre measuring your going to know exactly what you need to get a charge off. Measure.. Ooooh boy .. Need a nine on this one!

After awhile you wont even notice it. Even you might fail the odd 6" charge.. Keepnin mind you might actuallyget off a 10" one when you need it. That alone is entertaining enough to make me smile.. Go berserkers!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 pm

I like what I've read/heard so far. Cover is going to 5+. although some stuff is staying at 4+.

If the vehicle damage table are like I think they are, (AP 1 +2 to the table, AP 2 is +1 on the existing table, AP 3 is as normal) means mech will take a hit, buit not near what it was in 4th.

Most of the other stuff seems either fun or "meh", nothing that makes me want to run screaming.

WOUND ALLOCATION. Give us some details other than "remove closest model first".
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 pm

I want to see what happens to charge distance for Beasts and Calvary. 3d6? 2d6+3? 1d20? My Scarabs need to know!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:36 pm

I'd guess 3d6, take 2 highest.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm

And they have fleet too, so 3D6, take the two highest, and re-roll the lowest.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:39 pm

From an alleged leaked PDF of the core rules suggests a new stat called Evasion Value (EV), which rates how hard you are to hit based off your movement. This stat would not be baked into the stat line, but a result of the turns actions, so "a Tau Fire Warrior squad that moved would have an EV of 3, where as a Landraider that didn't move would have an EV of 1".

As I do not want to re-type everything, I will simply do this: Source
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Tom, those are the "fake" rules released this January.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:53 pm

I guess that saves me some reading, then.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:30 pm

What gets me is the huge amount of space that thing used up for "Evasion".... when its 4 mpossible to hit modifiers. Thats it,

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:30 pm

White dwarf is out! Some pretty crazy stuff. Thing I'm not happy about? Casualties from the front. Sad
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Oh god that's an actual thing?

Really, that's a worse mechanic than the current wound allocation. (which I don't actually have a problem with) That one feels like change for change's sake to me.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 pm

out, as in available for sale at the Den? or some shop owner in italy is taking pics with his phone?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 am

At the den
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 am

Somehow I don't see that issue staying at the Den very long.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Yeah. The explanation in the wd for the changes is that gw want 40k to be more "cinematic". Example they gave is a IG sarg chucking a grenade down a hive tyrant's throat and blowing off it's head.

What's crazy is how good flying mc's are now. They can now perform the same attack as a necron command barge.

Another mechanic is the crazy different terrain. Like fantasy, we are now getting "mysterious forests" that can be fairly dangerous. There is also regular brush terrain, a 5+, or emplacements , a 4+ with a 2+ go to ground. How about fuel canisters! 5+ but with a chance to explode!

I dunno, it looks like its either gunna work in a way we can't see, or it's gunna be a total change to the way the game is played.

I feel like the changes are aimed at mostly narrative type players. Waaay less competitive.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 pm

It could make for interesting battle reports, at least.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 pm

"I feel like the changes are aimed at mostly narrative type players. Waaay less competitive."

Which is good thing IMHO.

I'm liking the stuff, it's giving players a lot to do other than paint up their 1500-2000 points. (Themed terrain that's actually part of your army, the new objective types, etc. )

It feels to me like they are REALLY puching the hobby/beer and pretzels side of things, and sorta deliberately thumbing their noses @ "competitive"play.

It fine if they want to do that, but I feel a "tight" ruleset would be better for both casual and competive play.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:53 pm

It occurs to me that the Chronometron just became a far more valuable piece of war gear...
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Defenses, forticifications, tank taps..those things being able to be bought .. The idea of mysterious woods thoihh justbsits oddly with me.. Fantasy sure.. 40k i dont know.. Just odd.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Planes wrote:It occurs to me that the Chronometron just became a far more valuable piece of war gear...

QFT

Mysterious Terrain wants to eat my guys? Nope --- I reroll and get the Psychic Hive thingy that does D3 S3 AP2 hits to every psycher on the board. Makes me want to take two Chronometrons and just walk into things.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next