Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th rumors

+8
Commander James of the Ul
Rhaevyn
Planes
dusktiger
Roland
ScottRadom
Spamus Eatus
System Commander
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

6th rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: 6th rumors

Post  gluvzer Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:15 pm

lol! Yah monsterous creatures need more help destroying vehicles.

The one thing I don't really like about all of that is the random charge length.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm

random charge length, random psychic powers, random Force Commander ability.

random random random : less competitive, less competitive, less competitive.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 pm

" lately i've gotten the idea into my head that GW has given up on making 40k into a balanced competitive tourney style game."

I think it isnt so much they are ignoring the tournament scene. They are now actively making it anti-competitive.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:29 am

6th rumors - Page 2 IMG_20120620_035156

6th rumors - Page 2 IMG_20120620_035335
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:58 am

The funny looking servo skulls must be the dice holders, for holding your objective dice.

How freakin big is that munitorium tape measure???? Looks like softball sized.....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:20 am

Rhaevyn wrote:random charge length, random psychic powers, random Force Commander ability.

random random random : less competitive, less competitive, less competitive.

This scares me from all the random factors in fantasy which I did not like. My army found its way back on the shelf because I couldn't stand it.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 am

Random charge length really sucks.. But since they are bringing premeasuring in i guess they had to figure out a way to make things a bit tense?

Its frustrating on that one.. The other ones im not to worries about. But.. Think of it this way. Sure you might fail some assaults rolling a pair of 2's now and then.. But.. Every once in awhile.. Tou might get one off thats 10" away.

Never mind.. I changed my mind.. I tried to put a positive spin on it but itll be dumb.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 am

Well, I don't have to worry about random psychic powers for my primary army, at least.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 am

House rule.

Charges are 7"

There, I fixed it:)

My main issue with all the "random" elements is this.... you have to stop what you are doing, and roll. EVERY TIME. This is going to make game take a lot longer.....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:00 am

System Commander wrote:Random charge length really sucks.. But since they are bringing premeasuring in i guess they had to figure out a way to make things a bit tense?

Its frustrating on that one.. The other ones im not to worries about. But.. Think of it this way. Sure you might fail some assaults rolling a pair of 2's now and then.. But.. Every once in awhile.. Tou might get one off thats 10" away.

Never mind.. I changed my mind.. I tried to put a positive spin on it but itll be dumb.

That one game where my Wraiths assault on turn 1... that'll be fun for my opponent, right?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:30 am

6th rumors - Page 2 54lgwh

So, each discipline gets 7 powers, by the looks of things. My Spanish isn't all that good, though. Anyone else able to glean more details out of that? I did manage to read "Mat Ward" in there.

Also, here is the spread mentioned earlier with the IG bolstered with GK.

6th rumors - Page 2 Phztlh
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 am

via Babelfish....

"Letters of powers Psychic component a deck of 35 cards of large format with all the powers of the five disciplines printed psychic in the regulation of Warhammer 40000. Represent the six powers of each discipline equality, as the Primaris powers are archetypes that exemplify the art of Telepathy, Telekinesis, Pyromancy and the Biomancy. These cards are perfect to keep track of the powers to which your Psykers have access during the game and are a visual reminder very practical effects caused duspues that they signify. This deck of cards of Psychic powers are supplied in a box of plastic that opens turning the lower left corner. In the set also comes a 4 instruction booklet pages that it classifies psychic disciplines can be itilizarse by the many Psykers of the 41st Millennium (as Mat Ward explains more in detail on page 96)."
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

from BOLS posted on the 19th:
Here's the latest from first hand reports of the new book:

Hullpoints: The previous rumors are true. Vehicles move to the new hullpoints system that will eventually kill them after receiving a number of critical chart rolls. Look for 3+ Hullpoints on most vehicles.

Allies are IN: As had been suspected, a new army chart will report the level of cooperation various armies can have. This will not allow cherrypicking of valuable units from another codex, but instead the ability to integrate a second FOC chart into you army from the selected ally. How deep you can develop this second tree (beyond the mandatory HQ and 2 troops) is determined by what level of cooperation the armies have on the chart.

Fortifications: The truth exceeds the mission based rumors. Look to find a new "Fortification Slot" on the FOC that all armies can access and use in standard army construction. Surprise, surprise, the common choices available happen to have existing Games Workshop kits already available.

Close Combat Weapon AP Values: This is true, and look for a full chart listing all the common CC Weapons in the game and where they land from AP1 all the way down to AP-

6th rumors - Page 2 I8Qlj

better shot of the dice kits:
6th rumors - Page 2 RJ6eb
So first off, the biggest find in all of that is word that the new psychic powers are IN ADDITION to the current in-codex powers. I would guess that is a "split the baby" solution to avoid lots of sticky FAQ issues that will be corrected as the 6th codices are re-released. Next is that interesting chart of who gets what powers... That is a LOT of armies who get left out in the cold with zero psychic powers.

so apart from the ones already in their codices, Black Templar, Chaos Daemons, Tau, Sisters of Battle, Dark Elder, Necrons, Orks get NONE of the new powers that come in the psyker card deck. so kevin, randy, tom and mark have one less thing they'd need to buy to be 6th ED ready.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:30 pm

You wont have to buy the cards though. In fantasy.. They have all the rules printed but the cards are produced as a novelty for your discipline.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I am pretty damn excited right now.. Just because ill be able to use some real bloodletters and a bloodthirster again with a bunch of berserkers... Thats pretty damn exciting.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 pm

And it now becomes obvious....

the text in the article confirms stuff like Vector strike, etc including the skyfire rule (flyers, which looks to include the Valk are hit only on a 1 unless the attacking unit has Skyfire, then hits as normal). Stormpigeions are now WAY better than Speeders....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:01 pm

because daemon princes need to have the same tricks as a surfboard lord Smile vector strikes FTW.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Damn it, where's a hipster-necron image macro when you need one? I will have to make one for later tonight.

I did Vector strikes

*Necron Overlord with glasses*

Before it was a Universal Special Rule
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:42 pm

6th rumors - Page 2 I_did_vector_strikes_before_they_were_cool_by_planes-d54dqxl

There we go.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:05 am

Hehe.. funny stuff. But he does need the sunglasses
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

6th rumors - Page 2 Empty re 6th

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am

I've been watching Fantasy batreps on the BTP channel. And I was thinking thank goodness 40k doesn't have the foolishness that fantasy does.... Dam it... I like the pre measuring and the roll offs on charges. But a 2k battle is going to take 3-4 hours vs 2-3 hours. I have been play testing pre measuring and it does add an advantage and skill to the game, but it takes up time. And the added psk powers is like the magic phase in fantasy. I have not had time to test play the added magic phase due to a lack of info. But you can beat it will add more time to the great game.
Marketing wish thou this is a wise move. You change the game and add more products to sell. Marketing wise this is probably the smartest move they have made in the last 5 years. And for that I give the GW marketing team a small clap.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:41 pm

adem thos are hipster glasses. Hippsters have the tendacey to say stuf like that, what we jest saw was a hippster necron.
oh ya hipsters also say they dont fallow trends yet being a hippster is fallowing a trend.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Dom.0 wrote:adem thos are hipster glasses. Hippsters have the tendacey to say stuf like that, what we jest saw was a hippster necron.
oh ya hipsters also say they dont fallow trends yet being a hippster is fallowing a trend.

QFT
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

QFT? thats s new one
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 pm

QFT = Quoted for Truth. It's an old one, actually.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next