Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

assembly difficulties on new FW flyers

2 posters

Go down

assembly difficulties on new FW flyers Empty assembly difficulties on new FW flyers

Post  dusktiger Wed May 23, 2012 10:02 am

so i was reading a Fire Angels' player's blog about his army, and it happened that he bought both a Caestus Assault Ram and a Storm Eagle. (im quite jealous of that fact; "big bingo bigshot" as my baba would call it Laughing )

but anyways, he had mentioned that out of the two, the new storm eagle is by far more of a pain to assemble than the caestus is.

that kinda sucks, because i've heard alot of modelers who've already bought the caestus say its a very annoying and difficult build because the body sections and the wings do not line up whatsoever and need to be reshaped with alot of warm water bending.

i can only imagine how much warping there must be in the storm eagle's parts, hearing that.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

assembly difficulties on new FW flyers Empty Re: assembly difficulties on new FW flyers

Post  Lore Weaver Wed May 23, 2012 10:39 am

With resin, you can also use a fine quality sand paper, just wear a mask and do it in a well ventilated area (outside / garage).
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

assembly difficulties on new FW flyers Empty Re: assembly difficulties on new FW flyers

Post  dusktiger Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm

yea, for miscasting and such, you can do that, but alot of the problems the big blocky marine flyers are having is that the body parts are physically bent and curvy. my guess is from them releasing from the mold before it fully cured and cooled off.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum