Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GW Necron FAQ released

+5
System Commander
Rhaevyn
Spamus Eatus
Roland
Lore Weaver
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GW Necron FAQ released - Page 2 Empty Re: GW Necron FAQ released

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:46 pm

It still is only the one unit, although, with the double-tap on the sniper rifles too... that'd be pretty deadly against a horde army, or a blob of FNP things (AP1 disallows FNP, right?)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Q: If I have 2 Royal Courts, can one model from each
be attached to the same unit? (p90)
A: Yes

I see some interesting possibilities with this ruling if you are running a list using Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vangard Obyron, as if you run both the Vangard doesn't count towards HQ cap, thus allowing for three courts, as opposed to two. Sending out three Cryptecs/Lords to a squad can get right pricey right quick, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm

I don't think you get a court for oberon. He's not a overlord.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:06 am

Looking back at page 90, it seems that indeed the Vangard did not make the special named list. I will have to tweak my list accordingly.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:32 am

i wish i had known about taking a saving throp agaiNSt lash. i had it used against me multiple times in the tournament.

On dakka, they're discussing some faq related to the hive guard. Apparently, it says 'nothing except for terrain can give a cover save against hive guard's impaler cannons.' if that is true, screening units don't work, neither does the smoke cloud from bikeS, or the kustom forcefield. Ouch.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:31 pm

You dont get a savings throw vs lash. it doesn't cause any wounds.

During the tourny, the faq hadn't been released, so the sorcerer didn't have to roll to hit. The ruling makes the ability need to roll to hit, which will always happen on a 2+ because all sorcs and princes have 5BS. What that ruling does ensure, however, is that sorcerers can still Lash from inside a rhino, as the other errata on Fire Points says that only psychic shooting attacks can be used from metal bawkses.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Kirby makes a good case against using non shooting abilities from open topped vehicles.

http://www.3plusplus.net/2012/01/infantry-platoons-and-abilities-from.html#more

the important part is here

"Open-topped vehicles do not have specific fire points. Instead, all passengers in an open-topped vehicle may fire, measuring range and line of sight from the hull of the vehicle."

Here we see open-topped vehicles do not have specific fire points but it isn't exaclty clear whether or not the vehicle is treated as a fire point itself or if it's something completely different and unique. If Games Workshop was good at their native language we could identify the word 'Instead' as a replacement of the fire point rule indicating the latter. This would allow models embarked upon open-topped transports to use abilities which are not shooting and require LoS as they are not using a fire point.

However, the wording of such implies the whole vehicle could be counted as one big fire point which allows all passengers (rather than a set number) to fire from any point of the vehicle. This would indicate abilities which require LoS and are not shooting attacks could not be used as it's being specifically restricted by the FAQ. So which is correct?

SirBiscuit explained this nicely so I'll paraphrase him - you cannot normally draw Line of Sight from a fire point except when firing. The same is true in reverse - infantry embarked in vehicles cannot be seen (even in open-topped vehicles). With this in mind it feels as though the FAQ ruling is indeed attempting to stop abilities and wargear which require LoS but are not shooting attacks from happening within transports - i.e. get out and play.

With the way the FAQ ruling has been phrased as well, it leaves me to believe this is what Games Workshop intended and whilst looking at the relationship between open-topped transports and fire points may seem like they are a special case, within game terms they are essentially an unlimited fire point and this doesn't affect how the units inside are treated in terms of drawing and determining LoS (i.e. it doesn't happen except when shooting). For that reason, I believe the correct playing of this FAQ is indeed that any wargear or ability which requires LoS and isn't a shooting attack cannot be used from inside a vehicle.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Yep, I agree with that and will not be using MitM whilst embarked on a CCB.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 pm

i was told that psychic shooting attacks gave cover saves, whether they caused wounds or not. i will ask on dakka and see what people say.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Mark was told 5" is Massive, dont believe everything you hear Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Zing! That hurts me right in the penis.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Played with 3! chaos dreadnoughts tonight for the first time in years.

I have to say.. they are the Boss. they dont always do what you want them to do... but even so, its not very often that double tapping with a plasma cannon or fleeting into CC with 4 attacks on a DCWW is a bad thing.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2