Possible February Highlander Event

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Possible February Highlander Event

Post  Timbo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Mike, James just likes to argue. He owns several Basilisks and is trying to convince himself and others that he is not an idiot for fielding them. Why a player would penalize someone for legally positioning a template is beyond me. How would this even occur to you? Just be patient my friend. Once cover saves are 5+ again you can play your Basilisks without fear of ridicule. In the meantime, leave them in the box.

Timbo
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Your arguing against a vehicle based on perceived power and its affect on your opponents perceived penis size and their resulting nerdrage, resulting in lost tournaments due to comp?

and your argument is that you should use a less "cheesy" tank and hope your opponent gives you high marks for spamming him with three of those instead?

.... and 3 posts up you were arguing that the manticore wasn't as good as the basalisk... and now the manticore is the cheesy army comp killer. Wuzzah?

'cheesy army comp killer' is in the minds of the opponent...wehter true or not. I took a hand to hand based guard army with only 2 heavy supports (both basilisks cause they were cheap and I was short on points) back then basilisks were regarded as good especially with the winnipeg crowd who proceeded to slam me for the basilisks alone.

Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Timbo wrote:Mike, James just likes to argue. He owns several Basilisks and is trying to convince himself and others that he is not an idiot for fielding them. Why a player would penalize someone for legally positioning a template is beyond me. How would this even occur to you? Just be patient my friend. Once cover saves are 5+ again you can play your Basilisks without fear of ridicule. In the meantime, leave them in the box.

Well since I havent been in a tournament for years all I can do is assume that you have played in many tournaments the past few years and that the old ways of using sportsman ship as a way to gauge army comp is a thing of the past, at least in Saskatoon. I will bring whatever noise I can then. However if its bring the noise, I will have to look towards my plague marines again...

I will still going to go with the collosus over the manticore, but with the new edition coming out I will have to wait and see how the laws of physics work this time around.

Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Yes, if your frame of reference is Winnipeg 8 years ago then the scene and game has changed a bit since then. Take what you want. Field a strong army. If you like Basilisks then by all means, take them. As for sportsmanship my feeling are this: I will give my opponent full marks if he:

1) Picks up misses instead of hits
2) Doesn't take back any already moved units
3) Tells me exactly what he's rolling for before he rolls
4) Doesn't whine or gloat too much
5) Measures his moves accurately
6) Explains any special rules to me beforehand that I might not know

That's about it. How he builds his army and positions his templates doesn't enter into it at all, nor should it IMHO.

Timbo
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Winnipeg was a blantant example that the old crew should remember. I ve seen this alot more recently. I remember Rogue trader tournaments (or the equivalent GW formats later on) that some of the questions on the sportsmanship score card whent something like:

Did your opponent try to win at all costs?
Was his army tailored purely to destroy his opponent rather than have fun?

I definitely know it existed on the fantasy side within the last few years.

Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 pm

I still like the basilisk. it still makes for a good light anti tank vehicle. But I agree I think if you like a model then you should use it.

Selik
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top