Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

Post  Lore Weaver on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 am

So... I spent 5 minutes doing this math this morning to come up with a very plain looking answer.

The chances of failing a Mindshackle Scarab test on LD 10 is exactly 50%

I'll do 9 and 8 here in a minute.

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Posts : 4609
Join date : 2010-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

Post  Lore Weaver on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:29 am

I have a formula now...

P(Mindshackle Fail on LD)

p(10) = 50%
p(9) = 62.5%
p(Cool = 74.1%
p(7) = 83.8%
p(6) = 90.7%
p(5) = 95.3%
p(4) = 98.1%
p(3) = 99.5% (so the chance you'll roll 3 1's on 3 dice is 0.5%, if you're interested :-) )
p(2) = 100%

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Posts : 4609
Join date : 2010-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

Post  Roland on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

Off the top of my head, what's LD 6 or less that you'd WANT to mindshackle?

_________________
Habes obdura si ista sis nugax - family proverb

Roland
Lord of Titan

Posts : 3543
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

Post  Lore Weaver on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:54 am

Mindshackle is random model in base. If you get assaulted by a unit of Hormagaunts outside of synapse, for example.

Edit: I rocked the math because it was easy to figure out once I had the formula going :-)

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Posts : 4609
Join date : 2010-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

Post  Timbo on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Yeah, that makes sense. Average roll is 10.5 so half will be above and half below. Don't know why we didn't figure that out the other day?

Timbo
Lord of Titan

Posts : 1177
Join date : 2009-01-26
Age : 46
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

Post  Lore Weaver on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Dice rolls are weird when you get into fractions. A result of 3.5 isn't on 1D6 :-)

108/216 results on a 3D6 are 11 or higher.

Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Posts : 4609
Join date : 2010-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mindshackle Mathhammer on LD 10.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:52 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum