Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trazyn the Infinite == Good? Check out my ideas and blow them away.

3 posters

Go down

Trazyn the Infinite == Good?  Check out my ideas and blow them away. Empty Trazyn the Infinite == Good? Check out my ideas and blow them away.

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:35 am

So, I've been thinking of how to take Trazyn to take advantage of his abilities.

Option 1) Barge for 80 pts.

Have Trazyn (175) run around in his Barge, hopefully live, and contest something at the end of the game. This feels gimmicky and handicapping to me, as that's 255 points you've got moping around the battlefield, not doing anything particularly cool. 255 pts is a lot of points. He can't reliably get out and punch up any units to use is unit killing weapon. If he assaulted 20x Ork Boyz, even going simultaneous, I don't think he'd survive even though he'd take out 10-ish boyz (3-4 attacks, hitting on 4's, wounding on 3's, if you get one unsaved wound, the whole unit of like-named models takes a wound on a 4+, regular armour save allowed)

Option 2) Take Trazyn with another named lord, probably Anrakyr (if you don't, he can kill and take the place of your potentially expensive Overlord, ouchies, Anrakyr is immune to this.)

Trazyn 175 pts
Trazyn's Court contains a Cryptek of Time with a Chronometron 40pts
Other Lord's Court has the Scythe, Orb, Mindshackle Lord for 90pts

Unit of 5xLychguard with Dispersion Shields and Hyperphase Swords, 225.

Total Cost of 530 pts! Yikes, that's a lot. However, this is an elite, and now scoring, unit. If Trazyn bites it, he'll likely take over a Lychguard. They run up the field, on foot, re-rolling fleet rolls, if they want, getting shot at, re-rolling their invulnerable save, or their armour save once per round. Then they either get assaulted, or assault something, and Trazyn gets an opportunity to shine with his kill the whole unit weapon. This unit has two mindshackle scarabs in it, which is potentially scary to assault. I'd guess that they'd live to tell the tale till the end of the battle, most games (3+,4++, 4+ Reanimation, majority T5) A slight variation would be a 45-60 pt Lord instead of the Cryptek. (Scythe + another Mindshackle Scarabs = 60 pts, but I think the re-rolls would be cooler).

Option 3) Trazyn (175) Marching up a flank with a unit of 5-10 Deathmarks (95-190).

This would make this unit scoring as well, and Trazyn's "Phaeron" rule would give the Deathmarks a chance to shine, with their rapid fire 24" range sniper rifles. If it's possible to tactically arrange it, the Deathmarks could "Mark" a unit on the side of the field that they're marching up.

Total cost of 270-365 pts... still pricey.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Trazyn the Infinite == Good?  Check out my ideas and blow them away. Empty Re: Trazyn the Infinite == Good? Check out my ideas and blow them away.

Post  Selik Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:28 am

well, not knowing much about necrons and only fighting them once so far (I want a rematch soon).

It looks like your 3rd choice will give you more options with what you have said here in your post. I think that the less point cost for it will allow for better troops and other nicer options. such as a few more of those wratihs to make them more effective.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Trazyn the Infinite == Good?  Check out my ideas and blow them away. Empty Re: Trazyn the Infinite == Good? Check out my ideas and blow them away.

Post  Spamus Eatus Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:52 am

I like option 3. Simpler, and less to go wrong as well as less points, letting you buy more stuff.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Well...

I totally agree with you guys, but my desire to paint Lychguard with the swanky shields won the day. Also, instead of the chronometron cryptek (which is awesome, and I'll totally try it), I can run the Despair Cryptek and veil around the board (and be scoring!)

I might grab two boxes of Deathmarks in the new year and try that other unit out. We'll see when (if?) the Triarch Stalker comes out :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down