Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

playing IG

2 posters

Go down

playing IG Empty playing IG

Post  Selik Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:27 pm

I know IG has been looked over to death already. so this is a list that I am working on. I want to make one vet squad with plasma and on with all melta. I just need 2 melta guns and 3 plasama guns to convert my models..
so this is what I have ATM.

1500 Pts - Imperial Guard Roster

HQ: Primaris Psyker (12#)
9 Veteran Squad, 205 pts (Grenade Launcher x1; Meltagun x2)(need one more melta to convert)
1 Gunnery Sergeant Harker
1 Chimera (Heavy Flamer)
1 Primaris Psyker, 70 pts

Troops: Veteran Squad (11#, 14)
9 Veteran Squad, 140 pts (Grenade Launcher x3)(need to convert to plasma)
1 Veteran Sergeant
1 Chimera (Heavy Flamer)

Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#)
1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron, 130 pts
1 Vendetta

Troops: Infantry Platoon (26#,)
1 Infantry Platoon, 255 pts
2 Platoon Command Squad
1 Heavy Weapons Team (Autocannon)
1 Platoon Commander (Plasma Pistol; Power Weapon)
9 Infantry Squad (Flamer x1)
1 Sergeant
7 Infantry Squad (Grenade Launcher x1)
1 Heavy Weapons Team (Lascannon)
1 Sergeant
1 Chimera (Pintle Storm Bolter)

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Squadron (1#)
1 Leman Russ Squadron, 180 pts
1 Leman Russ Demolisher (Lascannon)

1 Leman Russ Squadron, 195 pts
1 Leman Russ Exterminator (Lascannon; Multi-melta Sponsons x2)

Fast Attack: Hellhound Squadron (1#)
1 Hellhound Squadron, 145 pts
1 Hellhound (Multi-melta)

Total Roster Cost: 1500
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

playing IG Empty Re: playing IG

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 pm

There are many ineficiencies in your army. (also when you post an IG list you dont need to list how many members in a set squad size it makes it kinda confusing to read)

**pintle storm bolters, hunter killer missiles, plasma pistols etc are just to chew up any left over points...really I dont take these and save up to take another unit, especially a cheap one like a griffon, sentinel or even some ratlings.

Selik wrote:I know IG has been looked over to death already. so this is a list that I am working on. I want to make one vet squad with plasma and on with all melta. I just need 2 melta guns and 3 plasama guns to convert my models..
so this is what I have ATM.

1500 Pts - Imperial Guard Roster

**seriously consider taking a command squad...they are soo cheap and better than a vet squad. I would take one before I started putting vet squads in your list.

HQ: Primaris Psyker (12#)
9 Veteran Squad, 205 pts (Grenade Launcher x1; Meltagun x2)(need one more melta to convert)
1 Gunnery Sergeant Harker
1 Chimera (Heavy Flamer)
1 Primaris Psyker, 70 pts <I would put him with the platoon command squad with the weapon switches I mention and mounting them in the chimera
move Harker to the other squad since his heavy bolter is wasted on a dedicated anti tank squad

Troops: Veteran Squad (11#, 14)
9 Veteran Squad, 140 pts (Grenade Launcher x3)(need to convert to plasma)
1 Veteran Sergeant
1 Chimera (Heavy Flamer)

Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#)
1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron, 130 pts
1 Vendetta

Troops: Infantry Platoon (26#,)
1 Infantry Platoon, 255 pts
2 Platoon Command Squad
1 Heavy Weapons Team (Autocannon)
1 Platoon Commander (Plasma Pistol; Power Weapon) < drop the pistol and power weapon if you are going to have a heavy weapon team. Also mount this squad in the chimera instead of an infantry squad for the protection
9 Infantry Squad (Flamer x1) <you could switch the heavy weapon to this squad and the flamer to the command squad and keep the power weapon...the points on the plasma pistol should be used for another heavy weapon somewhere or the sponsons on the demolisher though
1 Sergeant

7 Infantry Squad (Grenade Launcher x1) <needs to be a plasma gun or at least a melta to complement the las cannon...drop this gun for points otherwise
1 Heavy Weapons Team (Lascannon)
1 Sergeant
1 Chimera (Pintle Storm Bolter) < a ratling is the same points as the storm bolter but better (see my note at the top)

put plasma cannons or multimeltas on these bad boys (I would take the points from the grenade launchers)

1 Leman Russ Squadron, 195 pts
1 Leman Russ Exterminator (Lascannon; Multi-melta Sponsons x2)
This leman russ should be changed...either give it 3 heavy bolters or a demolisher or standard battle cannon turret...even a vanquisher turret. Right now this Russ is suffering from schizophrenia...

Fast Attack: Hellhound Squadron (1#)
1 Hellhound Squadron, 145 pts
1 Hellhound (Multi-melta)
Interesting putting a multimelta to widen the use of this tank, however I would lable this 'flame' tank as redundant considering the chimeras with flamers you have. You could convert this to a bane wolf to deal with marines much better or drop it and take a command squad

Total Roster Cost: 1500
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down