Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

game this week

+8
Roland
gluvzer
Spamus Eatus
Timbo
Rhaevyn
da bear
Lore Weaver
Dom.0
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

game this week  Empty game this week

Post  Dom.0 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:52 pm

any one free this week i have to go to school monday tusday but after that im free every after noon
and would it be posible to play an apoc vehical in a normal game
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

game this week  Empty Re: game this week

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:56 am

Dom.0 wrote:any one free this week i have to go to school monday tusday but after that im free every after noon
and would it be posible to play an apoc vehical in a normal game

Dom, learning 40k is a lot like learning to play guitar. You need to become familiar with the basic chords before learning more complex songs.

My suggestion would be to focus on small 750-1000 pt games until the flow of the game makes more sense. Try and stick to a single army for a while too. Stay away from apoc for now.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Lmao oh my god thats rich, but yes i agree with lore on that one, but to answer you question dom, you can only use an apoc unit in a 40k game it your opponent agrees with it so you might as well put your big tank on the shelf till a later date.
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:55 pm

ok ty now dose any one want a game this week
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:14 pm

apoc tanks.
$350 tau armies

Someone needs to cut your allowance Sad wasted minis makes baby jebus cry.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Apocalypse units are balanced for Apocalypse games (well, theoretically) and are not intended for regular-sized games of 40K. 40K has enough balance issues already without introducing super-heavies and titans.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:35 pm

ya i know time i jest havent been able to use my banblade yet

and the list i was thing was

banblade-700 pt

200pt constrip squad

and anfter that i went upstairs to find my ig codex, opnly to find it MIA
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:31 pm

As much as you might want to, you can't use a Baneblade at such a low points value. They're just not designed for it. You need to be playing a proper Apocalypse game (at least 3000 points per side)

If you and I are playing a 1000 point game, and you have the list you suggested, one of two things will happen:

1- Baneblade kills everything in 2 -3 turns. This tank is easily capable of wiping out up to half of someone's army in one shot at 1000 points with its main gun. Nobody has any fun.

2- I know you're taking a baneblade and I go out of my way to build a list to kill it. If I'm careful and know what I'm doing, the Baneblade dies on turn 2 or 3 to massed melta, powerfists, whatever. Again, not much fun.

I see in some of your posts you really want to play an apoc game but here's the thing, a decent apocalypse game needs to be arranged in advance beforehand, you can't just have a bunch of people start throwing stuff down and playing, it turns into a giant gong show. It's way more fun if you design some kind of scenario. (That does not mean one side charges the IG tank line over an open field and gets blown to pieces. I've seen an apoc game like that happen and it's just a sad sight.) Second, you need a good sized army, at least 3000 points to make a decent game happen. Also you really must know the rules of your army and if possible the other armies due to the size of the game. Turns can take up to an hour if the game is large enough. This is where being able to multitask comes in.

I strongly suggest taking a good look at your IG army, trimming out any excess special stuff and playing a few more small level games before moving on up. Anyways I hope this post was helpful for you.

Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:42 am

well ya it not like i havent tought of any of this why to ya think i was adding a 50 man constript squad, dam banblade cant destroy evryting in 3 turns if i did id be playing agenst SM with fully loaded squads giveing them fewer numbers.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:28 am

Exactly.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 am

ffs..... I can't breathe.. lol
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 am

Dom: how about this as an alternative.

Lets play Monopoly. But I'll start with an extra $5000, and won't collecrt my $200 for going around the board for 25 times. Sound fair?

As another note: Since you're throwing FOC out the window, etc. What's to stop your opponet from taking 2 Baneblades or a Thunderhawk w/ a Captain?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:18 am

*puts my rude hat on* Basically dom, what everyone here is so politely stepping around the bush with their words is, no one wants to play you unless it's a game no larger than 1000pts so you learn the stats of ONE of your two armies well enough that you're not running to the front of the store to peak into a codex that's for sale.

And no one here is willing to play you in an apoc game. Ever. Because you take over 3 hours for a 1500pt game; 1500 pts should take 1 hour 10 minutes to play, on average. The big kids in prince albert play 1750 and 1850 in 90 minutes. so forget about your baneblade. its not seeing a tabletop anytime soon.

pick ONE of your 2 difficult to play armies. right now. either guard or tau. play ONLY that army until next fall. and do NOT play any games larger than 1000pts until you memorize how those models work in the game. this includes their toughness, strength, saves, and the strength and range of their guns.

and if you're going to use your ADHD as an excuse every time you start forgetting or drifting into lala land, then take your meds before showing up. tape them to your forehead if you think there's a chance you'll forget them. heck, carry the pill jar on a necklace everywhere you go if you have to. but dont play a complicated board game that requires concentration at large point values with you're off your meds. you've proven to everyone who's played you that you can't handle it.

we dont have a problem with you wanting to learn the game and get better, but if you're not going to take our advice on how to BE better, then we're going to give up on you, it's as simple as that. Or haven't you realized everyone is slowly turning you down every time you ask for a game? just pick one army to play until next fall, and focus on smaller, 1000pt games with that army until thanksgiving is here again. by then you'll know your army well enough to play the bigger 1500 and 2000 point ranges.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Ya, I agree with Mike on this one Dom. It's tough for us to keep teaching you the game. I don't mind helping out and helping you learn, as many of us don't mind that from time-to-time, but you have to help yourself as well.

I'll give you one further suggestion.

Grab a cue-card, and write on it the overall basic things you'd like to do in a game turn.

IE:
1) Movement Phase
- Remember my Roll for Reserves
- Remember my Roll for Deepstrikes
- Move my units. I need to remember where I want them to be, who I want them to fight. Move them to make it happen

2) Shooting Phase
- Remember to shoot all my units that I want to shoot.
(Overtime, you'll get a hang of what things are good at shooting at troops or vehicles)

3) Assault Phase
- Remember to move my Tau Jet Infantry (Crisis Suits) (even I forget this, 1/2 the time when playing Tau)

----

As you play more games, you may realize things you forgot. Write them down, take notes to help you remember.

Sometime over the Christmas break Dom, if you want to give this method a shot, I'm sure "The Kid" would love to play a game against you. He can even pony up the $5 to make it a league game, if you like.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:54 pm

ok ty mike for being blunt. I probly need that pulss i have ADD not ADHD. Now dose any one want tp play a 1000 point game. Getting back to my qustion.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:56 pm

YA YA ok dident have to do a full out rant and i have ADD not ADHD im distracted not hyper. The bandblade qustin was manily jest cerisosity for a wut if list. Now back to my qustionm dose any one want agame this week and me and Mark played a 1500 pts game in 1hr and half.
Wait are you sreious i picked to two hardest armies. im a f***ing genious.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:17 pm

I could play you this week. When is good for you?
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm

wesday-friday afternoon works
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:32 pm

I am also up or a game on either Wednesday or Thursday evening, at about 6.

I will play anyone in the league. 1000-1500

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Hey Termagant, up for a 1500 point game on Wednesday at six?
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 am

You're on.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:48 am

We should have an epic rematch Gavin :-) especially considering we tied first time out. :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Dom.0 wrote:wesday-friday afternoon works

how about wednesday at 2 then?
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:33 pm

works for me 1000 points
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:05 am

I look forward to a rematch mark. Possibly next week?
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next