Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter's of the Warp Battle Book

3 posters

Go down

Hunter's of the Warp Battle Book Empty Hunter's of the Warp Battle Book

Post  Roland Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:04 am

Well Robyn suggested it, so I'm running with it. I'm going to compile as many missions as I can. Missions will be detailed "Battle Mission" style. I'm also going to try to have an appendix with additional Objectives and Deployments beyond the initial 3 in the BRB.

Missions so far: (37)

BRB:
Annihilation/Spearhead
Annihilation/Pitched Battle (now "Seek and Destroy")
Annihilation/Dawn of War
Seize Ground/Spearhead (now "Cleanse")
Seize Ground/Pitched Battle (now "Secure and Control")
Seize Ground/Dawn of War
Capture and Control/Spearhead
Capture and Control/Pitched Battle
Capture and Control/Dawn of War (now "Recon")

4th Ed BRB (4 of the Standard Missions are covered by the standard 3x3 mission generation, see renamed missions above)
Take and Hold
Rescue
Night Fight
Patrol
Bunker Assault
Hold at all Cost
Meat Grinder
Sabotage
Ambush
Strongpoint Attack
Rearguard
Blitz
Breakout

Battle Missions Book: (these are included b/c they are the best, most balanced in the book)
Pillage (CSM Scenario)
Scorched Earth 9CSM)
Flank Attack (Eldar)

PAWG Missions
(some of these may not be appropriate for a casual game, as they require special terrain or setup, Engines of Destruction, etc)
The Big Push
Bunker Assault
Confusion
Desert Convoy
Enemy at the Gates
Engines of Destruction
Missile Command
Staltingratt
Starport
The Thick Stuff

White Dwarf (Issues 342-present so far, ie since 5th Ed)
Dawn Raid (WD 358, pretty sure this is identical to the Dark Eldar Battle Mission, which will elimanate it)
The Fort (WD 359)

Additional Objectives
Table quarters (no enemy scoring units, at least one
field of battle (most scoring units w/i 12" of center of table)
rescue (6 obj markers, 1 is the actual target, not reveiled until battle is over)

Additional Deployments
Deployment 4 (one player comes in no more than 9" from his quarter edge, the other player comes in no more than 9" from his long board edge)
Deployment 5 (one player comes in no more than 9" for a long table edge, and both short table edges, the other player deploys in a 24" x 30" box opposite)
Deployment 6 (12" no man's land running diagonally)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Hunter's of the Warp Battle Book Empty Re: Hunter's of the Warp Battle Book

Post  System Commander Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Ive got a bunch collected Ill send over to you. Ive probably got about 30 unique ones, just have to check and see which ones are good for this edition.. some are a bit older.

We might have to end up separating them into two categories so it's easier to roll on? Maybe separate them so we have the ones that are fairly standard like the basic ones plus missions similar to what we had at tooncon with familiar deployments but an added special rule here and there. Hopefully we can get 36 of them .. and then we'll have a set of them that are a bit more weird and odd.

I like some of the weirder missions..however, I do go against any mission that could cost you a game in the special rules.. but sometimes even they are fun to play in a friendly game.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:19 pm

So far it seems to be 3 broad catagories:

Close to Standard (like Pillage et al)
Now for something completely different (Like most of the 4th stuff)
The Weird Stuff (Missile Command, The Fort, etc These you usually have to have specific terrain, etc)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Some of the PAWG missions might not work with the Den stuff, as they were built with the terrain I had back in PA, but have at em!

PS they are somewhat wacky, but they are designed with tourney play in mind.

PPS to Roland, you will need to add the "common scenario rules" to the PAWG missions. Let me know if you need that. I think I sent you the whole package though a while ago.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Spammy: Got the common scenario rules. Several of the missions on the list PAWG or otherwise, need to be looked at for playablitiy etc.

Ex. "The Fort" looks like it'd be fun, but you can't just set up terrain and randomly roll it up. It has a required terrain piece. Same for your desert convoy mission, etc.

I've got an outline in my head. I'm gonna get it down via Word and start the template, etc. It'll be easy enough to add from there.

I think we are going to have ALOT of missions. More in the vacinity of 50 than 36.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down