Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Tournament Results

5 posters

Go down

What do you think of having themed teams for the next Team Tournament?

Team Tournament Results Vote_lcap0%Team Tournament Results Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Team Tournament Results Vote_lcap45%Team Tournament Results Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Team Tournament Results Vote_lcap55%Team Tournament Results Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 11

Team Tournament Results Empty Team Tournament Results

Post  Roland Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:21 pm

We had a great 3 way race for Best Overall, with Ain't Got Time to Bleed edging out Perils of the Warp and Victorious Secret.

Best Overall- Ain't Got Time to Bleed
Best Generals- Victorious Secret
Best Sports- Knicker Poopers
Best Appearance- Perils of the Warp

Player's Choice:
Best Opponent: (tie) Robyn and Mike
Best Painted: Pascal

Blood for the Blood God! (Most combined Kill Points in the final game):
Josh and Trev (Knicker Poopers) and Dean and Will (Perils)

A few Thanks yous;
Dan and Ben: for helping set up the tables and terrain.
Darren: for providing a venue and helping w/ the prize support.
Al: for the semi-thankless job of judging the painting.
The guys from Perils of the Warp: for making the drive up for the tournament and providing some first-rate competition.

A few stats:
9 different Codexs were played. (Most Popular: Blood Angels. What, no love for the Tau or Dark Angels? Very Happy )
13 different player got a Players Choice vote for Best Opponent.
13 different players got a Players Choice vote for Best Painted.

Thanks to everyone who came. I'll be running another in February or March, exact day is undecided. I thinkthe format is set at this point and works fairly well. Most of the (minor) issues today were a case of not enough proof reading stuff on my part. If anyone has any comments or ideas for the next one, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Roland on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Team Tournament Results Empty Re: Team Tournament Results

Post  gluvzer Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Good show everyone! Thanks for taking the time, and running the event Beau. You always do a great job!
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 pm

You bet.. thanks alot Beau.. great time for sure.

Also great for everyone to make sure the day ran smooth..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:43 am

Yup, I echo those sentiments. Great event and it seemed like everyone had a good time. I think the change to 2 troops from 1 was a definite improvement (even though my list was way crappier than last time!).
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:22 am

Yeah, I think taking troops to 2-3 was key, and really made a huge difference in the lists. I also think the new missions and scoresheets worked much better than last time (not near as complicated). The issues I saw popping up were minor and my fault for not making the stuff clear on the handouts.

My thoughts for the next one are on 2 main ideas:

1) I *REALLY* want to push the team/themed idea. I have some stuff I can upload for what I'm more or less looking for. What I'm talking about is a reason for those 4 armies to be allied, and (more important to me) the armies have a bit of a common theme thru-out (using the same basing materials, a common accent colour, maybe a shared campaign badge, I think you get the idea). I'm not asking anyone to make a new army for this, but rebasing and such is fairly easy. I'm trying to get things planned out way in advance so people can coordinate w/ teammates on this. If everyone isn't really interested in this, I need to know.

2) What does everyone think about some slightly "non-standard" missions. These would probably be more along the lines of Ben's PA missions, some of the missions from the Battle Missions book or the old 4th ed. missions. This would actually tie in with Robyn's idea for missions with the league.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:01 am

i'm not really up on 2)

I didnt play, but i'm probably going to be ready for the next one. and aside from a couple teams that are already set, I'm doubting that any 4 people are going to agree on a theme for 750 points of their armies. Which really gives an advantage to those 1 or 2 teams that have the means and time to do so.

Perhaps I'm wrong.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:56 am

The 3 ways I'm looking at doing "theming" and appearance:

1) Painting is 40 pts; theme 20: This is what we did at the tournament. No team did well in theme.

2) Painting is 60 pts, theme up to 20 bonus points: basically you aren't hurt in scoring for doing a themed team, but you can get bonus points for it

3) Painting is 60 points, themes don't matter.

Incidently, I ran thru my scoring spreadsheet with each of the 3 options: The results/prizes were the same each time. I'm leaning toward #2 as it lets me have my cake and eat it too.

As far as non-standard missions: At both tournaments missions were based of the standard missions from the BRB, with a few bonus points for little stuff like taking out the opponents most expensive unit, killing their HQ, having scoring units in their deployment zone, etc. But basicially the standard missions. I'm looking at updating the missions for the 4th ed book, or from old WD, or a few from the Battle Missions book that seem to work well.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down