Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

base sizes

3 posters

Go down

base sizes Empty base sizes

Post  littlehurc Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:24 am

I was wondering about my forge world nurgle big guy and if he could be used as a Ku'gath the plague father, or can he only be used in Appoc games? His base is the size of a cd, I know our group really does not care but I am wondering for tornament rules sake.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

base sizes Empty Re: base sizes

Post  Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:17 am

From what I've seen, Base sizes that are larger than they should be are generally ok;

Unless they have some sort of ability that checks how many models are in base-to-base with it (like Lashwhips or a Stomp attack)

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:21 am

I'd agree with Adam.. bigger is generally "ok" to a degree. Some people might get picky when you get to big though.. because.. even though everyone lines up the same length apart from other at the begining of the game, when you have a bigger base you do get a "little" bit of extra movement moving side to side.

That being said.. I would never call anyone on it.. and if your curious about it for an upcoming tournie.. just ask the organizer.

If its for Tooncon.. I give you the thumbs up.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:52 am

Generally, the bigger the base, the greater the disadvantage to you, in that you create a larger target for yourself.

Very few instances where a larger base gives you an advantage, the only one i can think of is deep strikers or Summoned Daemons with larger bases can give you an extra inch or two of circumference and perhaps put you in firing or charge(daemons) range.

If it was a troop choice, i could see a CD sized base being a problem as you could sit on an objective and one model would be enough to push away contestors, hah.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down