Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shooting at transports

3 posters

Go down

shooting at transports Empty shooting at transports

Post  Selik Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 pm

so if I have a squad shooting at a transport, if I make the vehicle explode and the unit transported is now out, can the unit that still has shots to fire still shoot at the unit that was being transported. Or is it that the transport was the only target and the unit must now cease shooting?
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

shooting at transports Empty Re: shooting at transports

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Hmm.. Im slightly confused..

So, the scenario is.. a unit shoots at a transport and blows it up. The troops get out. Now, are you asking if another unit can shoot at those troops? You bet.. its very clear in the rulebook.

However, I'm sort of thinking you might be asking if lets say a unit contains a missile launcher and 10 bolters and is shooting at a rhino. You do the missile launcher first and it blows up the unit, are you asking if the remaining guys shoot the troops. No way.. when you fire, it all happens simultaneously.. If you have four missile lainchers, they all fire at the same time ands you should always make sure you resolve all shots as one in case the remaining shots remove it from the board..

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 am

All shots are resolved first before any damage results, therefore you don't have guns that have yet to fire, you have dice that you have yet to roll for a vehicle that you now know will blow up because you rolled your damage for the one weapon out of order.

Roll to Hit, Roll for Armor Penetration, Roll for Damage Result. All dice for all weapons, in that order, simultaneously.

Just because you psychically roll the dice before the other dice doesn't mean that those weapons have yet to fire. Strictly speaking you should roll to hit with every gun, then roll for armor penetration before you roll any damage results from any of the guns, fortunately no one around here is a big enough asshole to call you a cheater for not playing the game like a robot but the way you're conducting your shooting phase is misleading you into thinking you're missing out on something that you are not.

Example:

My 5 man tactical squad shoots at an Orc truck. I roll to hit with my melta it hits, I put that dice aside, I roll to hit with my bolters then roll the armor penetration with my melta it pens, I put that aside and roll armor penetration for my bolters...... then after all that I roll for damage results.

If I was shooting at a rhino instead, my squad still fires the bolters but because I want to save time I don't roll any dice for them because my bolter can't glance the armor 11 side I'm shooting at.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down