Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOB

4 posters

Go down

SOB Empty SOB

Post  Selik Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:30 pm

the seraphim unit

if they fire both pistols they can not fire any other wps that turn.....So I gues I would assault with them in the same turn, I mean what oher weapons do they have to fire after they fire all of their wps. Or is the rule supposed to mean that they can not assault if they fire both of their pistols?

my first thought on the rule is to take it litterally, if each member in the unit fires both of their pistols, you do not get to fire any other weapn that they may have but could still assault. Am I wrong in assuming this.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

SOB Empty Re: SOB

Post  System Commander Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Not sure what the rule is trying to say. Ive got theWhite dwarf, just cant find where I hid it.

But, pistols are asasult weapons.. so you fir ean dassault.no questions asked. Can seraphims even take asnyhting that isnt an assault weapon? Must be a weird ruiling based on something else they can take.. and just avoiding the I fire my pistols and this other thing.. ? *shrugs* Or its juist gW being dumb.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:47 pm

The ruling would make sense if they could have the dual pistols AND an additional shooting weapon.... but you replace them with the inferno pistols or hand flamers, and the Sister Superior teadee one if she wants a Plasma pistol..... are they saying the SS can't shot a bolt pistol AND a plasma pistol in the same turn???
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:55 am

That makes alot of sense, or fire a flamer and a bolt pistol int he same round. Ill have to check out the rule when I dig up my book here..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:23 am

I'm thinking they meant to say that you can't fire two different "kinds" of pistols in one turn off the same model. My reason being that the BRB does state you can't fire two weapons, or in melee, use two different weapons, in one phase, cause such is the penalty of using such specialized wargear. Here's an example on a SM command squad; I can legally give a single model a meltagun to replace his pistol, and then replace his chainsword with a flamer. But I can't shoot both weapons in one phase; I have to pick. I believe the SOB rule is just repeating this fact.
That's my guess anyways, as I haven't read the minidex yet. Can you quote the line for us all to read it?
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:51 am

From WD379, pg 99
"Seraphim Pistols: Any model in a Seraphim squad that is armed with two pistols can fire both in the shooting phase. If they do so, they can fire no other weapon that turn."

From WD 380, pg 90
"Up to two Seraphim may replace BOTH (my emphasis) with one of the following:
2 hand flamers ...
or 2 Inferno pistols ..."

"The Seraphim Superior may replace one of her bolt pistols w:
a chainsword...
power sword...
or eviscerator.
The Seraphim Superior may replace her other bolt pistol w/ a plasma pistol..."

Seraphim are armed w/ 2 bolt pistols, frag and krak. The SS may take melta bombs as well.

All in all, the line "may fire no additonal weapon" is the part that makes no sense. They can HAVE NO ADDITIONAL WEAPONS. At most, any Seraphm w/ have 2 pistols of ANY type, and may fire both, but will have not other weapons, period.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:55 am

In that case, yea, that's stupid why they'd even write that in. Weird.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:09 pm

If they have two BP, may shoot twice. (In essence, a 12" Assault 2 weapon)

If they have 2 Infernos, again 2 shots.

2 Hand flamers, they drop 2 templates.

and if the SS has a BP and PP, she can fire EACH once.

in either case, they count as a CCW, and an additional CCW (so +1 attacks).

Have any of the major sites (B&C, BoLS, Warseer, etc) commented on this??
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum