does it really matter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

does it really matter

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 pm

so i have a bunch of tyranid warriors all put together, minus the arms as well as carnifexes minus the arms

does it matter which ones i have on the warriors? like if i want to do all scything talons list but some of my guys have a venom cannon etc, but before the game starts i let whoever im playing know that they have scything talons. anyone object to this?

getting enuf magnets for all them would be pretty expensive and i dont feel like doing that or buyt more and more guys

same for the fexes

thanks

Back to top Go down

Re: does it really matter

Post  System Commander on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:20 pm

I dont think it would as much for friendly games. However, I dont know if I like the idea of facing off against a fex modelled with all gun arms, although he really has talons though.. guns vs. hand weapons are a tricky match... or vice versa.

Now, if its a gun standing in as another gun.. thats more forgiveble.

In the end though, your really better off picking which weapons you want them to have and sticking with it.. switching them up every or second game will eventually become to stressful, especially if you having to explain it to your opponent all the time.

In a tournament you wouldn't be able to do it.. wysiwyg all the way.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Tyranids can have a hard enough time with WYSIWIG as it is without having arms and weapons they don't actually have. I would suggest arming them the way they intend to be armed. Some clever magnetizing can get you a 'fex with swappable arms though.

The System commander makes a good point. Gunswaps are a bit more forgivable, but their CC arms really need to be modeled. There is a HUGE distinction between scything talons, rending claws, and boneswords. Also, you can only have one venomcannon in a brood.

Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:17 am

Like Robyn said, WYSIWYG in friendly games with someone you know is whatever you can agree on. If you are playing someone for the first time, I think the default should be WYSIWYG. It's being respectful to your opponent. And of course it should be enforced for tournaments and playoff games.

Timbo
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 pm

right now im magnetizing my fexes, but the warriors are the ones that would be a giant PITA to do that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:30 am

Id suggest to play a few games arm'less and figure out which weapons you really like, and then to glue those ones on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:32 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top