Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tooncon 40K

+7
ironwoulf
gluvzer
da bear
Commander James of the Ul
Spamus Eatus
Roland
System Commander
11 posters

Go down

Tooncon 40K Empty Tooncon 40K

Post  System Commander Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:43 pm

So, there's going to be a 40K event at the ToonCon gaming convention coming up here on Oct 1st and 2nd.

I'm still working out all the details, but I've decide to run the event at 1500 points with 4 games. There are going to be some bonus awarded for some additional hobby work done ahead of time, but I haven't decided fully what that will be yet. I promise to sort it out soon though so you have suitable warning to get it done.

You won't know the sceanrios ahead of time, but do know that bringing a balanced force will benefit you. When I say balanced, I mean a good combination of HQ, troops, elites, fast and heavy.

That's about all I know for now. I think there are 12 spots for 40K, although if the numbers balloon they might expand it.. not sure how much space we're dealing with yet. I'm not 100% sure of the cost yet either.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Tooncon 40K Empty Re: Tooncon 40K

Post  Roland Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Sweet. I'm in. Lemme know if you need any help (terrain, tables, cheap labor, etc..)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 pm

copy/paste:

Sweet. I'm in. Lemme know if you need any help (terrain, tables, cheap labor, etc..)

Very Happy
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm probably in. And I could help with set up if needed

Back to top Go down

Tooncon 40K Empty Re toon

Post  Commander James of the Ul Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 pm

If I can get harvest wrapped up by the end of September I'm in. Will have a better idea of who things are going by the middle of September.
If I do come along I could probably come early for the set up and bring an army.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:28 pm

sweet im in also, i have a table top and tables with folding legs if needed
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:54 am

Robyn, I can bring a table including terrain for it too, for this event if need be.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:47 am

Im pretty sure Gonda was going to be organizing a Den terrain packaging and transportation.. since they'll be doing fantasy and all the other stuff as well.

I'll make sure, but I'm pretty sure we're all good on the terrain/table front.

James, I decline your help. After asking for a measily internet vote and getting such a douchebag remark back, I want to make sure I'm not inclined to owe you anything... ever..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ironwoulf Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Yes i will be moving terrain and tables over on the friday. Anyone wanting to do a feature table is more than welcome to show off your stuff.

ironwoulf
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:40 pm

yea, you gotta watch those sneaky bastards that farm/raise cows near humboldt, robyn; tis a sneaky place of sneaky peoples. Razz:P
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 pm

ironwoulf wrote:Yes i will be moving terrain and tables over on the friday. Anyone wanting to do a feature table is more than welcome to show off your stuff.

I could bring my beastly table (well, the table I bought from Cam :-) ) somewhere, but transportation is problematic, and I need to do some touch-ups on it.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:30 am

Just a reminder about tooncon, which is closing in being a month away.

I've given Bob fairly limited information about it, same as Ive given to you guys, but I thought I'd shed a bit more light.

So, as we know.. 1500 points and four games. I'm not going to release the scenarios ahead of time, but they will be different then book scenarios. Not that different in some cases, tiny quirks, but at least a bit different. So, as mentioned before, it would be in your best benefit to bring a good mix of units from various spots in your force org.

As well, I'm going to force a painting requirement. Right now they've only slotted for 12 spaces for the 40k, which is pretty low. Im guessing if registration is high they'll make more room, but with only 12 spots to work with I want to make sure that all armies are painted.

Sportsmanship will also play a factor.

I know the community can be split a bit on the full hobby mix of requirements against the competitive style of things, but I think in town here we definitely lean towards the hobby aspect. I know I definitley do.. And being that were having this at a miniature war gaming event, I want to ensure that everyone gets to enjoy some eye candy while perusing around the hall.

So, there will be the standard prizes for Best Sportsmanship, Best Painted, Best General and Best Overall, which encompasses all three.

We will also have a prize for best individually painted model. I'm going to recruit a couple of guys for judging the painting as well, army and individual. Hopefully if Scott's around he won't mind being one of those guys.

Once your registered, I'd like everyone to send me a copy of their list ahead of time.

This will all go up on the website as well. Any questions, feel free to ask!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:16 am

Hey Robyn, are we registering through the ToonCon site or via some other medium?
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 am

Nope, it will all be through Tooncon. Im not sure exactly how it works.. I guess you register and pay them at the gate? Or maybe the Den is collecting registration as well.. ? I see you can send them an email via the website.. but Im afraid thats about all I know.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ironwoulf Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:28 pm

System Commander wrote:Nope, it will all be through Tooncon. Im not sure exactly how it works.. I guess you register and pay them at the gate? Or maybe the Den is collecting registration as well.. ? I see you can send them an email via the website.. but Im afraid thats about all I know.

Its cheaper to register via the website.

ironwoulf
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:14 am

Do you want us to just PM you our list or do you have a preferred email?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum