Badab War Campaign

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Badab War Campaign

Post  Roland on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Mike, I was looking. We should firm up what's "legal" for those playing Chaos Marines in the campaign. I thought you had posted something somewhere, but I can't find anything now. Maybe anything "daemonic" as per the new GK faq is buhbye?

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:04 pm

good call.

basically, while you chaos players are using your codex, we're still adhering to the timeline and storyline of the campaign in the Badab war books. This means that Demon Princes, Greater and Lesser demons, are out. Please try to keep your army restricted to vehicles, walkers, infantry in power armor, and terminator armor, and avoid using defilers if possible. basically units that could pass off pretending they're loyal to the emperor until the moment to strike and be evil happens, are legal.

to make amends to what handycaps you're getting, the Crazed rule on your dreads can be ignored, so they behave like normal dreads. not a huge help, but it is important to have in crowded maps where its standing near your guys.

you'll also be allowed to field a few new characters that the campaign allows; it states for codex marine armies, but im letting all sides use these commanders, so if one of them can help buff your army, feel free. both myself and beau and dan all have printoffs of the new characters and will have them available for you guys to read. if the forum is ok with me posting quick summaries of them, i'll also do that so you guys can start looking at them.

there's also a pair of special in-book codex armies you can counts-as your army with; Siege Assault Vanguard (3-model squads of dreads taken as troop choices, vehicles taken in up to 3 model squadrons, no drop pods allowed for transports) and the Tyrant's Legion (a mix of marines and chaos and guard codex)

additional info available as asked for.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

View user profile http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Also a few "counts as" for the variant Space Marine codexes...

Black Templars- Minotaurs (Loyalists)
Blood Angels- Lamenters (Sucessionists)
Dark Angels- Star Phantoms (L) or Astral Claws (S)
Space Wolves- Carcharodons/Space Sharks(L) or Executioners (S)
Grey Knights- Exorcists (L)
Chaos Marines and Vanilla Marines can be played as pretty much any chapter.

some other Legion Specific possibilities
Ultramarines-Fire Hawks, Marines Errant, Novamarines, Fire Angels, Howling Griffins (All L)
Raven Guard- Raptors (L)
Salamander- Salamanders:) (L)
Iron Hands- Sons of Medusa (L)
White Scars- Mantis Warriors (S)
Imperial/Crimson Fists- Executioners (S)

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Oh yeah. feel free to post whatever you'd like... no problemo. Im going to double check with the gal tonight, but Id like to line up a game at Beau's place or the den, whatever works with whoever wants to defend for the Loyalists.

What happened to those Deathwing Ben, your loyaliusts brothers are reeling!

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Ben's not reeling, he hasn't left a secessionist alive yet in his games:)

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Announcement!!! Due to high turnout, we will be playing at the Den tomorrow @ 7, rather than my place.

Roll Call:
Robyn/SC
Adam/Canadin
Beau/Roland
Mike/DuskTiger
Andrew/Podrat
Ben/Spamus

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:15 am

Yeah, consider me a wild card. We're going through some daycare issues right now.. and picking Mason in SIlverwood after getting off work at 4 30, and then getting back to Fairhaven is a nightmare right now thanks to circle being down to one lane..

Were looking at finding a place closer to home asap, but I dont think I can get to the den in any resonable time during the week right now. If things go ok, Ill try to make it down but Im pretty unreliable for thu night.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BADAB WAR: GAMES WEEK OF JUNE 18-24th.

Post  Roland on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:16 pm

OK, when's everybody free? I can host at my place after 4:30 from Tues on, and all day on Sat/Sun, and the Den of course. After Sat morn, we will have 3 tables avaliable at my place.

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:18 pm

i should be available 6pm onwards mon-fri, and anytime sat/suns

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:50 am

Im generally available evenings most days of the week

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Quick Question::

I was looking at all the stratagems in IA9 and came across the "Devastation Drone"

Now I love the idea of a walking bomb, but then I have to ask:
will blowing up my drones involve donating free kill points?

Also I cant find where it says whether or not the model can be attached to a squad (and therefore protected from shooting)
So:: Can the Drone be attached to a squad untill I want to detach it and have it charge+explode on target?

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:39 pm

from that i can tell, its an independant unit, and since it sets off a blast template, do you really want to make a stupid tactic like walking it up in with your guys? if it goes off near your squad, they get hit too. and if your opponent just focus-fires on it, remember; they can set it off prematurely by wounding it with bolter-fire.

but i will state this now as it could've affected the game last week and made it go a different way;

if you are taking strategems like void hardened armor, state so at the start of the first turn, and point out what squads have it! your opponent must know this because it greatly affects the dice rolls in shooting attacks! from this point on, unless you state the squad has void hardened armor, im allowing your opponents to just roll the rending rule on you every turn, as they normally wont have this unless you take it via a strategem point or a IC that gives that rule to a squad for free.

i dont want to see people playing their army with The Cold Void rule in effect and not letting their opponent know that any 6's he rolls to wound will become rending. or that his assault cannon's can rend on a 5+ on that squad.

and for those that arent certain, unless your model has "Void Hardened Armor" in its wargear/rules listing, or Artificer armor/terminator armor that gives you a 2+ armor save in standard games, then ALL WEAPONS STR 4 AND HIGHER WILL REND. THIS INCLUDES FLAMERS. ALLLLLLLL WEAPONS THAT SHOOT! since CCW weapons use the model's STR profile, not their own like guns, you dont rend in assaults. this is the decision based off the wording in the rule, as it states "weapons" with a str of 4 or higher; Powerfists, Thunderhammers, Relic Blades, Dreadnought Powerfists, do not count; they alter the user's STR value, they dont have their own STR value, so they do not Rend when Cold Void is in effect.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:39 am

The next round of games will be weds/thurs based on everyone's schedules; please post or pm if you can come play, and what day and time works for you so we can start figuring out who can face who, as there's more seccessionists than loyalists atm.

dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:35 am

I'll be at the den playing 40k and magic thursday. So I'm good for a game from 5-closing

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Badab War: Phase 2.

Look like we weil be playing Wednesday @ the Den. Mike or myself will be there by 5. Mission CP for the month:

•standard 40K games (2000pt a side or more) = Victory for Loyalists is 3CP, Victory for Secessionists is 2CP, Draws are 1CP for the Secessionists only.

•Other Victories = 1 CP

Loyalist armies are +1 to all their reserve rolls for the remainder of the campaign.

If anyone wants to keep playing the Deck level/Boarding action (ie Space hulk) missions for the 1 CP, I'll be bringing my SH tiles.

We will probably also be playing some on Saturday at my new place, let me know if you plan to attend and need the address, or are allergic to cats, pizza or beer.

Beau

Roland
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top