Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting Project Challenge for 2011

+3
Paz
Commander James of the Ul
dusktiger
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Empty Painting Project Challenge for 2011

Post  dusktiger Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 am

This is the full list of everything that's getting painted into a Red Scorpions Army from my stuff:

HQ
Forgefather Vulkan He'stan
Master of the Forge - Power Sword; Bolter; Servo Harness
Master of the Forge - Conversion Beamer

Elite
Terminator Assault Squad - Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x5
Terminator Assault Squad - Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x3
Venerable Dreadnought - 2 Twin-Linked Autocannon
Venerable Dreadnought - 1 Twin-Linked Autocannon

Troop
Tactical Squad - Plasmagun; Missile Launcher; Rhino
Tactical Squad - Meltagun; Multi-Melta; Rhino
Tactical Squad - Meltagun; Multi-Melta; Rhino
Scout Squad - Camo Cloaks; Sniper Rifle x4; Missile Launcher

Fast
Land Speeder Typhoon Squadron - Heavy Bolter x2; Typhoon Missile Launcher x2
Land Speeder Tempest

Heavy
Land Raider Crusader - Multi-Melta
Predator - Hunter Killer Missile; Autocannon; Heavy Bolters
Thunderfire Cannon

Legendary
Land Raider Terminus Ultra

Formation
Masters of the Chapter
Chapter Master Pedro Kantor
Space Marine Captain - Artificer Armour; Relic Blade; Storm Shield
Space Marine Captain - Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Relic Blade
Space Marine Captain - Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Thunder Hammer
Space Marine Captain - Hellfire Rounds; Artificer Armour; Bolter; Relic Blade
Command Squad - Apothecary, 4 Melta Guns

Last edited by dusktiger on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Empty Re: Painting Project Challenge for 2011

Post  dusktiger Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 am

Painted as of 2011.02.08:
1 Apothecary Sergeant
1 Plasmagun Marine
1 Bolter Marine
2 Masters of the Chapter Captains
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Empty Re: Painting Project Challenge for 2011

Post  dusktiger Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 am

master of the recruits
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_7443

master of the fleet
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_241062

Land Speeder Tempest
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_157064
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Once you have it all built we should have a game of that entire army vs my Chaos Space Marines

Back to top Go down

Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Empty Re Challenge

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Awesome idea on the tempest man.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm

tnx, Smile it seemed the best way to model it rather than spending the what, $60 or so, for the FW one. granted it took a bloody while to get all the measurements, cut, and then bevel all the plasticard so it all fit. i should've made a template for next time. oh well.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 pm

little update on what i've been up to with my guys
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_62719
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_13033
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_52624
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_72153
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_4412
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_94291
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_42204
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_60546
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Those Scorpions are coming along man. Have you tried washes? A dark wash like badab black would really bring out the details on your bright paint schemes.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

actually, yea, that's what my troops are; its a coat of boltgun metal followed with a heavy wash of badab black, and then i paint all the chaos black trims and shoulder pads, and then the iyanden darksun for the shoulder trims and eagles. the termis aren't fully painted (obviously), partly because i havent ordered the shoulderpads from FW yet.

i also plan to convert 3 or 4 tactical squads, and im going to be using both FW doors and etched brass to characterize all my vehicles.

my plan involves eventually buying another predator, thunderfire cannon, and 2 more vindicators, as well as the models for Magister Sevrin Loth and his honor guard, and Lord Commander Culln. with Culln in my army, all sgt's become veteran apothecaries for free, so they add Feel No Pain to their squads.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:18 am

If you are basecoating a lot of boltgun metal, try the Army Painter Plate Mail Primer. I ordered some for my Grey Knights and was floored. It's not exact,(closer to Chainmail I think) but a quick drybrush of BGM and you're done. I'm pretty sure I saw a can of it at the Den.

The icon on the front of the LR... is that FW or something else? I don't remember seeing them on the website.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am

yea, i was thinking of using the spray can, but decided i didnt want the lighter tone as it would add another stepp into the painting.

the icon on the tread? they're the window inserts from a bastion kit. i painted them dhenib stone, and after the pic was taken i washed it in devlin mud to make it look more like natural stone.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Got ya on the spray. Just an idea.

The bastion kit huh? I've been meaning to get one of those (and a Shrine of the Aquilla, and an Honoured Imperium and... you get it). Nice idea. Like most of your stuff, top notch.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 pm

thanx roland. oh, if you like, i saw a neat conversion someone did with 3 bastion kits, a shrine of the aquila, and some plasticard for a nice bastion fortress. i wanna make one but i dont think i'd ever put it to use myself since i live in a small apt. but if you think you'd be interested, i'll post some pics of the design and if you want i'll help ya build it even. same for anyone else that sees and likes the design.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:27 am

Yeah sure, but I have an inkling it's this...

http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2010/08/admirable-humility.html

I'm also a fan or Outpost XIII by Dave Andrews (from the Jan 2010 White Dwarf)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=4&aId=3800025a&start=5&multiPageMode=true

I think it's made from a Gaming Hill, A Sanctum Imperialis (possibly 2), and at least 4 bastions.

Sounds like fun, but I'd have to see what my fundage looks like. Maybe when my tax refund comes in. Barring that, I do have an Imperial City box and a Fortress of Redemption that need building....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 am

yea, thats the one. im also im the process of making outpost 13 myself, i just need another bastion, and a few more walls for the "back" side's main floor. prolly just gonna plasticard that wall or something.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:16 pm

here's an update on my HQ choice; a Space Hulk Librarian terminator with storm shield.
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_405326Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_34846Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_124851Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_402152Painting Project Challenge for 2011 Gallery_39941_5737_208412
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:33 pm

nice,

What chapter colours are those?

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:37 pm

It's red scorpions, just like the rest of my posts in this thread. With librarian blue armour.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

I find it always odd that Librarians tend to bear colours different to the rest of their army.

I figured they ought to be an icon of the chapter, not a contrast.

Is there a fluff reason why they like to stand out?

EDIT: not necessarily different colours, but a different scheme or something

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:17 pm

given you play chaos, i can see what you mean about HQ choices should bear the colors of their armies.

Librarians, Chaplains, Techmarines, and Apothecaries all wear a different color to their brethren because they don't belong to any company. They each belong to an area that is independant of the rest of the chapter, and as such their armour bears a different coloring.
According to the guidelines of the Codex Astartes, the armour of Librarians is blue with gold and yellow highlights, regardless of chapter colours. The left shoulder plate of the Librarian's armour displays the chapter symbol in the case of power armour; for Terminator armoured Librarians, like mine, the chapter symbol is displayed on the right shoulder armour (leaving the Crux Terminatus for the left). The right shoulder pad on power armour displays the Librarian symbol, its exact form denoting the rank of the Librarian (Lexicanium, Codicer, Epistolary). Although with the release of 5th edition, cannon-wise, this practice is starting to become widely ignored even by more codex-adhering chapters.

In my case, i was only going to make his left arm and shield blue, along with his psychic hood, but after doing so i decided a more fully blue scheme was better due to the Terminator armour he's using. Their Chief Librarian, Sevrin Loth, wears a unique set of psychic artificer armour that gives him a 2+ armour save, and he can use one of his 3 psychic powers per turn to convert that into a 2+ Invulnerable save (and the result of that roll cannot be altered or nullified by your opponent). Sevrin Loth's armour is all blue with only his two shoulder pads being the original chapter colors, so there was a precidence there for a majority of blue. I'm also doing so as a way to reflect his rank as a Codicer that's earned his terminator armour.

If i make another one in power armour, i think i'll make him in the chapter's heraldry with just his weapon-bearing arm in Librarian Blue, to represent him being a newly inducted Lexicanium. Thereby making the amount of blue their armour has denote their psychic rank.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 am

Thats very interesting. All I have known about librarians Is that they disgard their colours upon becoming sorcerers. Also, I just figured Apothecaries were white as the universal colour for medic.

So, given that they belong to an area different from the chapter, do librarians ever move around from one chapter to the next, speading guidance and the word of the emperor and all that jazz? Or are they disconnected, yet bound to their chapters?

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

They stay with their chapter. they're just not attached permanently to a specific company. instead they're just sent as an attache' to that company or strike force unit when the need for a psyker is present. otherwise they stay in the librarius chronicaling the history of the chapter.

But just to avoid misunderstanding, that isn't to say the librarius is a whole other faction; you wont see librarians from every chapter in there. Each chapter keeps its own Librarius, and recruits librarians from its own forces, testing novitiates (scouts) for latent potential and testing them to see if that power can be used in the librarius. Besides keeping a log of the chapter's history, they also maintain a psychic defense of the chapter against would-be attackers, such as enemy psykers, and creatures of the warp.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

In the case of the Apothecaries, 1 will be assigned detail to each company exclusively, and then the rest stay in the apothecarion, with their duties consisting of maintaining the gene-seed, implanting the novitiates with their new organs, and so on. it has been seen that additional apothecaries will be sent out besides the 1 attached to a company on permanent detail, but most of the time the additional ones remain exclusively in the apothicarion and never leave its walls.

one chapter of note that's an exception is the red scorpions, they've been known to have each veteran sergeant be replaced by an apothecary, but allow him to bear wargear the sergeant would have access to.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Update: so i've been going through my lists and i've decided to re-arrange some of the units i'm going to paint and added a few more.
When i'm all done, i hope to have the following in my collection. I've colored the units i currently own.

====================HQ======================
Forgefather Vulkan He'stan
Magister Sevrin Loth
Honor Guard - Chapter Champion, 3 Honor Guard, Chapter Standard
Lord Commander Culln
Terminator Librarian with Storm Shield

====================Elite======================
Terminator Assault Squad - Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x3

====================Troop======================
Tactical Squad - Plasma Gun; Plasma Cannon; Rhino
Tactical Squad - Plasma Gun; Missile Launcher; Rhino
Tactical Squad - Melta Gun; Multi-Melta; Rhino
Tactical Squad - Melta Gun; Multi-Melta; Rhino
Scout Squad - Camo Cloaks; Sniper Rifle x4; Missile Launcher

=======================Fast==============================
Land Speeder Tempest

======================Heavy===========================
Land Raider Crusader - Multi-Melta

====================Legendary==========================
Land Raider Terminus Ultra

====================Formation===========================
--------------------------------Masters of the Chapter---------------------------------------------
Chapter Master Pedro Kantor
Space Marine Captain - Artificer Armour; Relic Blade; Storm Shield
Space Marine Captain - Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Relic Blade
Space Marine Captain - Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Thunder Hammer
Space Marine Captain - Hellfire Rounds; Artificer Armour; Bolter; Relic Blade
Command Squad - Apothecary, 4 Melta Guns
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Thunderfire Defense Battery----------------------------------------
Master of the Forge - Bolter, Power Weapon
Thunderfire Cannon

Thunderfire Cannon
Thunderfire Cannon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------Terminator Titanhammer Squad-------------------------------------
Captain Lysander
Terminator Assault Squad - 5x Thunderhammer & Storm Shield
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 am

here's my battle damaged aothecary for my command squad so far
Painting Project Challenge for 2011 188530_10150181273111224_560991223_8765587_1007716_n
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next