Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW FAQs!

5 posters

Go down

NEW FAQs! Empty NEW FAQs!

Post  Spamus Eatus Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 am

New FAQ's are up!

Updates to the BRB, new DE FAQs, and most importantly, all of the SM codices have been brought in line with each other! Very Happy

My Deathwing are very, very happy.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

NEW FAQs! Empty Re: NEW FAQs!

Post  Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Just in time for the tournament too.

"[The Power from Pain special rule] only applies to models with the Power from Pain special rule"

Also good that they have finally looked at all the other Space Marines

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 pm

well damn. The FAQ failed to answer the one question that I wanted it to answer. Do units with models that are mixed with power from pain and not having power from pain (i.e. beastmasters and archon retinues) gain fearless when they get 3 tokens? sigh.
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 pm

It says that only models that have the special rule benefit from the tokens. And the fearless rule is addressed in the main rule book as to what keeps fearless when certain units are joined.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:44 am

The thing is, there is no joining or not joining involved. They are both part of the same unit. 40k has never had an example before of units with mixed fearless and not fearless units that doesn't involve independant characters.

There isn't even any good presidence to go on, since a non-fearless independant character can gain fearles from joining a squad, but a squad can't gain fearless from being joined by an independant character.

Also, unlike feel no pain and furious charge, fearless doesn't effect individual models, it only ever effects units, so the distinction between whether or not it counts under the ruling of effecting the specific models is a grey area.
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:51 am

I agree that it would be difficult to judge whether the masters are being joined by their beasts, or if the beasts are being joined by their masters.

For simplicity, I would rule that if a majority of models (50% or more) have fearless, then the unit would, whereas if under 50% of the unit had fearless, then it would not be fearless and simply work off the highest LD value.

The Harlequin situation is FAQ'd well in that its IC's giving them the tokens. however beastmasters have still not been errata'd to lose the ability.

It does make sense to me though that fearless beastmasters could direct a few beasts, but that if the beasts had them terribly out-numbered, they would be unable to control them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Sigh. It clearly says, third paragraph on third page. Units that have pfp, but have models without pfp, can generate tokens, but any models in squad without pfp- beasts, do not benefit from the token. So loophole closed. Beasys dont get pfp. End story.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:29 pm

I Gotta agree with Pacal on this one.

The beastmasters have PFP in their unit entry, the beasts don't. Problem solved.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Paz, spamus;
That is not the issue. The issue is mixed units with pfp. The third stage is fearless. What rules do you follow for a unit (ie beastmasters and beasts) that is part fearless from pfp and part not? GW did not address this with their FAQ answer.

Last edited by gluvzer on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:32 am

gluvzer wrote:Paz, spamus;
That is not the issue. The issue is mixed units with pfp. The third stage is fearless. What rules do you follow for a unit (ie beastmasters and beasts) that is part fearless from pnp and part not? GW did not address this with their FAQ answer.

indeed

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 pm

I see what you mean. Weird wording, esp. with what the rulebooks says on fearless units and fearless ic's. Lets assume though, since there is no precedent, and no clear wording, that logic will win out.
If the beastmasters are fearless, and the beasts aren't, one can do this: if there are an equal number or higher of fearless models in the unit over beasts, then you do get fearless. If the beasts outnumber the masters, you don't. Like toughness for multi-T units.

But lets be honest, this is trivial. The chances of your unit getting 3 pain tokens, and having enough guys left after cc to benefit from it... Not a biggie. I'm just glad special rules lawyers who tried to use the "beasts get fnp from pfp!" can no longer cheat up a storm. That was the really frikkin FAQ-needing part of the beastmasters unit.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Yeah, those units were absolutely rediculous with FnP and Furious Charge, and Fearless made LD 5 not seem so bad. It really needed an errata

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down