Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air brushing

2 posters

Go down

Air brushing Empty Air brushing

Post  Commander James of the Ul Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:18 pm

After seeing that video on the "BR" I thought I would air brush my troops. I've had one for some time but I've always used it for tanks and cars and used oil based paints. But for the Space Marines I would like to us water based paints just for the fact of a quicker clean up time. And lesser fumes.
I guess the question is if any one knows of an quality water based paints and were could I get them. And whats a good mix ratio.... Half paint and half water or alcohol. Or is there a half decent paint brand out there that has them mixed already.... Just need some tips Thanks

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Air brushing Empty Re: Air brushing

Post  ScottRadom Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:12 am

Vallejo model air is already mixed for airbrushing, and it's great quality stuff.

You can use GW, P3, or any game brand of paint you like mixed withg water just fine. I don't reccomend Foundation paints as the pigment in those paints tends to jam airbrushes. Mine got clogged big time on the weekend using Vallejo game colour but I think it was residue from it not being cleaned well enough last time I used it.

All paint has it's ups and downs. I'd stick to what use for brush painting as you won't have to search for a similar colour when you use the brushes.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Air brushing Empty Re Air Brush

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks for the pointers Scott If I get a chance tonight I might Just try them out.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Air brushing Empty Re: Air brushing

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down