Stormtroopers Deep Strike

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stormtroopers Deep Strike

Post  Wapafish on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:16 am

As I've stated before, I haven't played any games of 40K yet (which I hope to change soon Smile ) so please bear with me if this is a stupid question....

I was wondering what happens if my IG Stormtroopers Deep Strike with a Dedicated Transport attached to them. Do they strike embarked on the vehicle or do they land beside the vehicle, as though it was dropped by a transport ship and they jumped out of the ship and ran to it?

Thanks and sorry again if I seem incapable of intelligent thought.

Wapafish
Acolyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stormtroopers Deep Strike

Post  Paz on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:20 am

No worries. Storm troopers can only DS from a Valkyrie, because of a special rule of the valk. Normally, if you put a unit within a vehicle that does not have the DS rule, such as a chimera, the unit loses the ability to DS.
So, basically, if the vehicle rules have a specific exception, then yes, but most regular transports cannot DS, and therefore, if taken for storm troopers, cost the ST unit their ability as well.

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:44 am

Deep striking storm troopers use regular deep striking rules and are able to re-roll the scatter die (Grav chutes). If they take a dedicated transport I don't think they lose their special rules, the transport is just deployed as normal (The men can deep strike but the transport cannot).

I don't have my codex with me here (at work) though.

gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top