Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K errata/FAQs

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

40K errata/FAQs Empty 40K errata/FAQs

Post  Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:27 am

hai all

Provided I remember this upcoming wednesday, I'll be dropping off a labelled black binder with print copies of the 40K official errata and FAQs at the den. I think it should be stored in the silver cabinet that looks like a fridge, but if you have a better plan, go ahead and move it. Just inform everyone where you put it so we can all find it Smile

I've had it printed off since like feb/march but kept forgetting about the stupid thing.

Feel free to use it at will, I'll just leave it there and update the errata every harvest season when GW decides to update their errata.

(and take care of it, but that goes without saying Wink )

Back to top Go down

40K errata/FAQs Empty Re: 40K errata/FAQs

Post  Administratum Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks Alex, the gesture is much appreciated. Well, i appreciate it, i cant speak for everyone though.
+5 karma Razz

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:29 pm

yeah, very good idea

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 pm

LexMechanic wrote:Thanks Alex, the gesture is much appreciated.

I was planning it a million years before the whole crap storm started, I just kept forgetting about the stupid thing. Games at my house were certainly a lot quicker and more "official" thought Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:06 am

Excellent, much appreciated.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 am

Aw but if the rules for the witch/daemon hunters exist at the store I won't be able to pretend I never heard of them and keep allying. Wink :p

J/K, good idea Alex.

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:38 am

I read GW's response to their re-release. If you own the appropriate codex's you can use the allies. If you want to take the codex's for free off of their site you cannot. It just depends if you paid money or not. Nice rule eh? I'll try and find a link to it today if I have time.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 am

From Ed Spettigue, who runs the GT circuit ...

“I would like to clear up some questions regarding the PDF downloads of Codex: Daemonhunters and Codex: Witch Hunters that we recently made available on games-workshop.com.

These downloads do not replace or invalidate the printed codex books that customers may own; we are making the rules to field an army of Daemonhunters or Witch Hunters available, for free, to registered members of the Games Workshop website who do not already own copies of these books. We are not taking anything away from any customers, we are offering something to them. For free.

We have also removed the rules for Allied Space Marines and Inducted Imperial Guard from the PDF downloads. Again, if customers with the printed codex books wish to continue to use these rules from the books they have bought, they can do so. Customers who have the downloadable PDF will be able to use it to build dedicated Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters armies. Customers should use whatever resources are available to them for building armies and playing games, whether those are printed books or PDF downloads.”
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Jemal wrote:Aw but if the rules for the witch/daemon hunters exist at the store I won't be able to pretend I never heard of them and keep allying. Wink :p
Hmm, it never occurred to me that those two codices are part of their "errata" I guess. Well, they aren't part of this binder because they're not errata/FAQs from the shrine of knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Thats a pretty retarded thing...

If you pay for the books, you can use all these awesome extras.. however, if you download the pdf for free, you can play with this army that will probably never win.

And Im talking daemonhunters, Sisters make a better go at it stand alone. What a retardedly weird stance. What I dont understand is the books been running as printed for how many years, why alter the structure when your planning a new book in 6 months or whatever..

GW's getting waaaaay better at this stuff, but a couple odd things like this still exist. Im guessing they tried to take em out, faced an uproar then back-pedalled.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:07 pm

System Commander wrote:
GW's getting waaaaay better at this stuff, but a couple odd things like this still exist. Im guessing they tried to take em out, faced an uproar then back-pedalled.

That's precisly it. I read the amount of e-mails they recieved was insane. Lot's of people have allies lists that suddenly became unusable and they let GW hear about it.

The pdf's are not FAQ or errata. They are (re?)releases of the codex. I think GW has stopped printing the DH and WH codecies.

Hey at least they fixed it. Can you imagine calling someone on it though? "You've got allies huh? Can you show me the GW printed copywritten version of the DH codex that you bought with your own money? Do you have a reciept?"
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:11 pm

gluvzer wrote: They are (re?)releases of the codex. I think GW has stopped printing the DH and WH codecies.
This is exactly why - if you look at GW's website, one cannot order a copy of either book of the Inquisition. It's been this way in a number of European countries for a while (Germany comes to mind). It's only (relatively) recent that the changes were made here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Yay! I can still have my Cannoness and Inquisitor Bacon with the guard!?!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:25 am

Wait, did they discontinue the Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters books?

I just bought a copy of the Daemon Hunter codex a few months ago....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:23 pm

From where is the question. THere's probly still copies out that haven't been sold, they're just not printing them anymore (I imagine).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Basically what Jemal said. When a company stops printing a product existing copies can still sit around for months or longer depending on the retailer before at last being sent back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Jemal wrote:From where is the question. THere's probly still copies out that haven't been sold, they're just not printing them anymore (I imagine).

I got it at the Den, was considering playing Grey Knights. Since I'm not using it though, does someone need it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Why'd you decide not to use it? Keep in mind the 'no allies rule' only applies to people who DON'T own the codex.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Jemal wrote:Keep in mind the 'no allies rule' only applies to people who DON'T own the codex.
That's silly, I've run guard/ally armies without actually owning the codex (just a PDF on my computer). Hell, I've run many armies before owning a codex - my necrons and marines I ran for months on end without a codex.

The 'no allies rule' applies to people who enjoy bending over even further for GW =/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Well, I only have enough models for like a 500-750 point army if I proxy the troops.

My plan was that I was maybe going to run with the regular Space Marine codex as recent renegades (an idea that I am still considering), and then ally with an inquisitor squad and a vindicair assassin.

But then I realized how cheap Daemon Princes, Greater Daemons, and Lesser Daemons were for Chaos marines and decided to stay with the Chaos Codex.

Actually, I think I still would like to try the regular marine codex, maybe I'll play it next week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Alex - the thing is, you should be able to produced a print version of your codex if your opponent has any questions. I view it as being on the same lvl as proxying - It's fine if your opponent is fine with it, but Warhammer's big on having the actual ingredients for your cake rather than insta-mix.

Adam - I see. I'd definitely suggest trying them a couple times, I have a lot of fun with my Inquisitor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:19 am

I see the Inquisition as a lot of fun,

my problem is coming up with an army for them to tag along in.

Maybe Space Wolves? In the codex it sais that they will follow different flavours of sapce marines like templars, salamanders, or angels, but doesnt list the Wolves specifically,,,

Does anyone know if they can ally with Wolves?

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Nope.. just Codex: Space Marines and Codex: Imperial Guard can include Daemonhunters as allies. .

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Sorry to disagree with you Robin, but I'm pretty sure they can work with any of the space marine chapters..
*Grabs codex*

Yep, in the 'using hunters as allies" box it says they may ally with space marines "inclding variant armies such as X,Y,Z, and other loyalist index Astartes Chapters", so if the wolves are a "loyalist Index Astartes Chapter" they may take a couple inquisition allies.

Unless I missed an FAQ somewhere where they clarified otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 am

Yup, you're definitely correct on that one.

I must of had it stuck in my head going with the reverse, the units you can choose to bring into a daemonhunters army can only be from Space Marines.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next