Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phew.. it's quiet - time for some game talk

+5
Commander James of the Ul
Freezingoon
ScottRadom
smackman
System Commander
9 posters

Go down

Phew..  it's quiet - time for some game talk Empty Phew.. it's quiet - time for some game talk

Post  System Commander Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:31 pm

It's been pretty silent over here lately. So, either that means people have been busy, taking up other games, or just moved on.

So folks, what have you been up to in terms of gaming period.. doesn't have to be 40K.

I've been playing more computer/video games lately. I picked up the Magic : The Gathering computer game that just came availalb,e after being available on Xbox live for I think close to a year. I haven't played the card game in probably over a decade, but it's been a ton of fun. I'm waiting for the next great game to play, whihc hopefully is Fallout Vegas.

Ive been trying to make it out to our regular D&D game, but I've been a littler erratic the past few months with that as well. I call it D&D, but we actually switched from 4th edition which we hated, to the newest Pathfinder book.. which is pretty much an updated version of 3.5.

Ive dusted off my Empire army for the new edition of Warhammer fantasy, but can't see when Ill get a chance to play, at least until ball season is over. I am looking forward to deploying all my artillery though, and to having my mortar hit some stuff finally.

So, whats the rest of you fellas up to?

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Phew..  it's quiet - time for some game talk Empty Re: Phew.. it's quiet - time for some game talk

Post  smackman Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:51 pm

F-F-F-F-F-A-N-T-A-S-Y!!! I just finished my Valkia the Bloody conversion and it looks sick.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Phew..  it's quiet - time for some game talk Empty Re: Phew.. it's quiet - time for some game talk

Post  ScottRadom Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Just painting for me!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 pm

I've into fantasy with my lizards, I've been trying my hand at seriously painting for the first time ever really.
Freezingoon
Freezingoon
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Phew..  it's quiet - time for some game talk Empty up to hmm

Post  Commander James of the Ul Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:39 am

I've been busy TRY TO GET SOME BLOODY LAND SEEDED... piss me off why can't it just stop raining for more then 3 fu_ken days... But on an other note my wife got me a 1:48 scale, P-61 Black Widow for fathers day. So I'm going to be busy with that for a while longer. But I am thinking of an awesome IG list with 3 Valkyries. And Mine are going to look a little different, (gun wise). Later

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm

warmachine. and hordes,

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Starcraft 1 mutha truckas. Also, Stupid Tom, Mike and Matt have me all excited for Fantasy 8th ed...
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Yeah, I'm contemplating some new units for my empire army. The best would be to get some giant hordes going.. but artillery is so much fun.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:33 pm

System Commander wrote:Yeah, I'm contemplating some new units for my empire army. The best would be to get some giant hordes going.. but artillery is so much fun.

If it helps at all the new rules really support big hordes of infantry and, in my opinion at least, they took some fun out of artillery by removing guess range.
Freezingoon
Freezingoon
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 am

For me im trying to get a spacewolves army ready in time for 8th edition.... of 40k that is not fantasy
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:37 am

Atta' Boy Dana!

I've been trying to get my 2000 pnts Marine army together. It's all there, just need the time to put it together and paint it. I've been playing too much MW2.

I'm not feelin' too excited for fantasy, even though every time I see Mike he pesters me about it. Probably because of my 3 other forays into the game that didn't work for me, besides an awsome group of guys to game with like Carson and Scott. However, I still have my Dwarf army so I'll probably end up giving it a shot... maybe.... we'll see.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:23 am

I have been playing allot of video games, and just finished DoWII a couple days ago. It was a really great game, such a nice take on the RTS genre. Havent started on chaos rising yet, but maybe today. Also tried All Points Bulletin, but my system wasnt good enough to run it. DoW has really made me want to play some 40k or even fantasy, but i just cant make it happen right now. Been thinking about blood bowl too, but it will be a long time (if ever) i can get that rolling again.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:30 am

Im down for a game of BB anytime.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:48 am

I might be able to do that sometime. You are probably pretty scary after all the time you spent playing online.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Ha.. the only thing Ive noticed is you learn to spot things a bit quicker, and you think you know the rules better so it's easier to convince yourself to make retarded moves.

In the end though.. it still comes down to that fricking skull.. and even on the computer my guys like to roll double skulls.. twice in a row.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Well, finally.. after downloading Mass Effect for $10 from Steam a month ago, I finally was able to get it running last night. Looks good so far, what Im really excited about though is plowing right into ME 2 when Im done.

Hopefully I can get this done before Civ 5 comes out.. Oooohhhh boy.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:29 pm

System Commander wrote:Ha.. the only thing Ive noticed is you learn to spot things a bit quicker, and you think you know the rules better so it's easier to convince yourself to make retarded moves.

In the end though.. it still comes down to that fricking skull.. and even on the computer my guys like to roll double skulls.. twice in a row.

I have it for 360. The p vs p for it is awful. You actually have to sit there and push the play a game button over and over and hope someone in the world pushes it at the exact same time! Now that's retarded.

p vs comp. Even on the hardest difficulty I was 30 and 1. The computer is so terrible. I honestly believe the comp cheats with the dice rolls (double skullz twice in a row.. that ALWAYS happens) to make up for the shittyness of its play.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:59 pm

ME 2? not sure what that is. I know that Civ 5 looks good, but i dont think i could put the time into it to become any good. You guys have been playing that game for years, and i think the knowledge base stays somewhat relevant.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:13 pm

ME 2= Mass Effect 2.

Don't you have a 360 Robyn? I have it for xbox. pretty awesome game, though suffers from ME's problem: story is a lot more on rails, so there is a decided lack of re-playability.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 am

I dunno, I kinda enjoyed ME's 'on rails' aspect, going everywhere and making your own fun is just too much like work... that's probably why I drank so much while playing oblivion.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:24 am

Hehe.. yeah, I can appreciate the open ended games from time to time, but I actually don't mind the stay on the rails game. Every once in awhile it's really nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the ride and not have to think to much.

I think Dragon Age had that perfect balance. You could choose how you got things done and make decisions that would effect the outcome of the game, however.. in the end everyone ended up going to the same place.

Fallout was great.. however.. my only minor complaint would be there was so much stuff to do, you get the feeling that you should really try and do it all, or you're robbing yourself of something cool. With games like that I try to get through it the first time having fun, resolving the quests etc. that I find in game, but not go off looking for stuff I read about.. and when its done, then go back and do all the awesome stuff if I can. Unfortunately, I never did.

As for the Bloodbowl computer/360 game.. yeaah, hmm. We've hammered it a bit before, but like Ryan says, the AI is horrible. It's basically impossible to play the computer since it is so unbelievably retarded. The matchmaking games can be alot of fun, but as the player base drops off, it can be frustrating to get a game against a human opponent. Ill pick up the new version in Winter, which will have all the teams, except chaos dwarfs, and see if it got better. I mean, it's not that hard to give a different playstyle to the different teams. In this version, the computer plays the elves exactly the same way it would play dwarves.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 pm

We've been busy with unpacking from our move lately, I only just got my computer fixed & hooked back up a couple days ago. Other than that, been doing a little gaming and working and not much else.

As far as Fallout goes, Robyn - Fallout 3's the only one I've played, but I love the breadth of stuff you can do, and for my tastes, the replay is fantastic. I think I've played it top to bottom 4 times, not counting restarting from old save-points and doing certain parts over again just cuz they're hella fun.

Also looking forward to SC2(though who isn't?) and Fallout: New Vegas. Though I feel bad for admiting it, after the SC2 Beta games I played, I think I'm more looking forward to New Vegas.. though hopefully the single player in SC2 will make it a worthy successor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum