Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Moving Curse

+2
miv305
smackman
6 posters

Go down

The Moving Curse Empty The Moving Curse

Post  smackman Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 pm

For the last 2 years I've moved house/apartment every year at the end of may. My 40k stuff has followed me from place to place along with all my other =I=censor=I=. However every time I move something bad happens to my hobby stuff leading up to this post. The first time I lost a NIB Chaos Predator, not sure how. Last year I tripped over a door threshold and dropped my entire chaos collection down 3 flights of stairs which was enough force to rattle every single model into bits, including guys in 2 layers of foam whom presumably vibrated their brittle glue joints apart.

This year I was quite pleased with myself having moved all of my stuff into my new place without losing or damaging a single model, then my own stupidity struck me in the back of the head with a 2"x4". I went to the den to paint on Thursday, then I got drunk, left my paints in my car, then Friday I had a birthday lunch and going away party to go to, never used my car, got drunk forgot about the paints. This afternoon I after being nursed back into a semi-recovery state I remember that my paints are in my car... It's really not pretty, a few paints popped open with enough force to toss paint around (luckily not on any part of the car) all of them baked in the car and popped their tops and are now thoroughly dried out, about 9 were solid useless lumps that I threw out, and the rest seem ok after pain painstakingly adding some acrylic fluid medium and water to try to bring back their consistency of them. (It really was painful, I own almost the entire GW paint range) So the curse continues...
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

The Moving Curse Empty Re: The Moving Curse

Post  miv305 Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Who the hell would get drunk on a Thursday night...looks like you fell in with a pretty bad crowd!
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:00 am

ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

The Moving Curse Empty Re curse

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:46 am

miv305 wrote:Who the hell would get drunk on a Thursday night...looks like you fell in with a pretty bad crowd!

Have you see what tom looks like.... The only hope he has of ever takeing the opposite sex home is to get them hammered out of there poor little minds... lol And Tom after harvest we should have a good long battle against your orks. But there has to be an extra rule, for every troops death, its a shot of whiskey. Very Happy later dog

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:49 am

The Horror! My heart goes out to you dude, that sucks ballz.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:05 pm

your misfortune makes me all warm and fuzzy inside
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down